Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-23, 08:20 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
I bought a couple pairs of her Easy Spirit shoes. I liked them better for PF than my shoes I purchased specifically touted for PF.
In your opinion, can you use the Mel Emove shoes for running or for doing hi/lo aerobics? I am assuming they would be fine for fitness walking, like 5 miles at a time at a brisk pace.

I had ordered several pairs, but I ended up cancelling everything. Most of the time, I need a few days or so to make up my mind about buying things. I did watch the show, & Denise is the same as ever. They showed her doing a perfect cartwheel at age 65! I was athletic in my youth, but gymnastics was a real stretch for me, no perfect cartwheels here, but watching Denise makes me want to do a cartwheel. Not sure if that's going to happen.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 07:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
I bought a couple pairs of her Easy Spirit shoes. I liked them better for PF than my shoes I purchased specifically touted for PF.
That was another reason for placing my order. I was hoping these would be cushion-y enough to help with my PF also. I had to reduce some of my time on the treadmill last year, so I'm looking forward to seeing if these are better than what I'm currently wearing (typically Asics or New Balance.)

My shoes are shipping today! Yay!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 06:53 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I had pf once. It was caused by me doing a Cathe step routine, & my left foot being half asleep the whole time. No matter what I did, I couldn't get my foot to wake up. I managed to get rid of it by doing a lot of stretching & downward dogs. I am not suggesting that this will cure anyone else's pf, but I think it wouldn't hurt to add that to your routine. I happen to have very high arches, so that probably factors into the situation.

It looks like the Easy Spirit website has the Denise's today special shoes, but they aren't calling them by the name, "flower" or mentioning Denise. The color choices are very limited for that shoe as well as the Mel shoe. I couldn't find the $79 clogs/mules on the website, at least not by searching using the name Denise Austin. I was interested in those as well, although I have tons of Easy Spirit clogs/mules.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 07:15 AM  
dlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
In your opinion, can you use the Mel Emove shoes for running or for doing hi/lo aerobics? I am assuming they would be fine for fitness walking, like 5 miles at a time at a brisk pace.
Hi - I've used them only for walking on treadmill & grocery shopping. I'm not a runner but I always say "someday". The heel is thicker IMO, not sure if that helps.
I've been using my TM often since December & have not had a increase in pain.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 09:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

EDITED TO ADD:
the ES Denise Mary Jane item is on sale at $64.99:
https://www.hsn.com/products/easy-sp...g-sho/20678748

Along with the TSV on HSN, I purchased the Mary Jane's. They are what I tried on today (first out of the box) and they are super comfortable and easy to slip on and off without unstrapping. The support and cushion in these is very good, though they won't win any awards for the way they look. I don't love the white soles with the black shoe, but they are the best thing I've worn on my feet (comfort-wise) in a long time! Denise is shown wearing these without socks and they do look better that way!

April Focus:
Old 01-11-23, 12:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Today I put on Denise's Easy Spirit walking shoe and it was again comfortable right out of the box. I wore it for my treadmill hikes and it was perfect for me.

If anyone is still looking at these (or bought some) you should know that the tongue is sewn onto the shoe, so it doesn't lift up. You have to loosen the laces a bit to get them on....and there are people complaining about that in their reviews at HSN.

What I wanted from this shoes is comfort, cushion and support. So, I like them. Are they the best looking shoe I've ever owned? No. But, I have PF and needed something to work for that...and these seem to help me. I've been wiping off the bottoms of the white soles to keep them clean, so there is that.

If you think you might be between sizes, I would go up a half a size. Sometimes I wear 9's or 9.5 and the 9.5's fit me better in the sneaker. I could wear either in the Mary Jane's though since it only has a strap (stretch-y) in the back.

April Focus:

Tags
denise austin, easy spirit shoes, hsn, qvc, shoes, sneakers