Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-14, 11:46 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I still do this one, although not that often because it's so darned long!

I did it this morning after reading this thread. It's still a great workout. I'm always puzzled when people are bothered by the dated outfits. Who's looking at their outfits? I'm watching myself in the mirror and concentrating on getting my form right and getting through the workout. If the workout is effective (and this one definitely is), I can do it forever!
Old 04-20-14, 11:58 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne marie View Post
i still do this one, although not that often because it's so darned long!

I did it this morning after reading this thread. It's still a great workout. I'm always puzzled when people are bothered by the dated outfits. Who's looking at their outfits? I'm watching myself in the mirror and concentrating on getting my form right and getting through the workout. If the workout is effective (and this one definitely is), i can do it forever!
ditto!!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 12:23 PM  
PhyllisG

Me three. Then again I am old enough to have worn those clothes. I picked up a brand new GWW at my library for $1. It is a tough workout and seems to last forever. I had never owned it before so it was new to me.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 01:06 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Phyllis, I think that is often a factor in reactions to dated outfits. If you can remember when they were cool you're usually more tolerant of them. If you missed that era they're likely to look much more unacceptable. It's an understandable reaction. A lot of fashion is what your eye is used to seeing.

Don't do Great Weighted Workout that often and then really just the arms. Probably been a couple of years a least since I last used it. This isn't one I feel sentimental about as I didn't use it a lot when it was new on tape since I was a very beginner and it felt a bit beyond me even with really light weights - Karen knows how to work you harder than you think you're working. But I'll keep it.

And I'll never give up Pure and Simple Stretch from the same era. That one I did once or twice a week for a year or two along with occasional other shorter stretch workouts. It's what got me flexible to begin with.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 07:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the DVD version is well chaptered.

here are the chapters:

w/u: 6.5 min
LB w/dumbbells: 6.5 min
UB w/dumbbells: 20 min
LB w/ankle wts: 30 min
Abs w/small ball: 15 min
Stretch: 6 min

that said, I haven't done it in years, however, I usually don't get turned off by datedness. I just haven't done it because I have too many workouts, especially virgins!

with Karen, you can always be assured of a well-cued workout with excellent form pointers when you need them.

many people doing a slim series rotation have subbed the Firm It Up with this one for variety sake.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 08:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Just watched a clip. Had it, but don't remember a thing about it. The guys' outfits are funny, but wouldn't keep me from doing the workout.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great weighted workout, gww, karen voight