Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-13, 09:27 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Two questions about sizing:

(1) Skechers - how do the sizes run as compared to your street shoes and/or other athletic shoes? Any particular idiosyncrasies such as - do they work for narrow heels (heel slippage is a biggie for me), high arches, etc? Are you using these for your work-outs versus more of a casual shoe?

(2) Same question for current Ryka styles.

SusanH - Glad to hear you liked your new Rykas!

Juice - I'm not an instructor, but find myself disappointed in what I perceive as more of a "one size fits all" approach to fitness shoes these days. I used to have a dedicated pair of walkers, runners, cross trainers, aerobic/studio shoes....one for each activity. I'm okay with a "minimalist leaning" shoe for walking, but agree it isn't what I want for more aggressive work-outs.

Thanks!
Cyana, on the Skechers, definitely go up 1/2 size. That's what I did, and the fit is absolutely perfect. I also went up 1/2 size on the Rykas, but I don't think I really needed to. The extra 1/2 size doesn't make them too roomy, but I think if I had stayed with my regular size, that would have been sufficient.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 12:19 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Two questions about sizing:

(1) Skechers - how do the sizes run as compared to your street shoes and/or other athletic shoes? Any particular idiosyncrasies such as - do they work for narrow heels (heel slippage is a biggie for me), high arches, etc? Are you using these for your work-outs versus more of a casual shoe?

(2) Same question for current Ryka styles.

Thanks!
Cyana, I forgot to mention that I have a narrow foot and they fit my heel really well. How well I know the problem of slipping heels, especially in dress shoes. I'm not sure these would be a good choice for someone with wide feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
I love mine, too! I could tell the difference even in the warmup. I could kick myself for not switching sooner. These are a HUGE improvement!
Annie, I agree that they are a huge improvement! I'm thinking about getting another pair sometime.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 07:50 AM  
cyana

Thanks Susan and Annie for the feedback on the shoes. I don't have narrow feet (medium width), but have narrow heels and medium arches.

I used to go up a full size in my fitness shoes back when I wore Thor-Lo socks. I typically wear SmartWool or Balegas (or something comparable) these days and have found that a half size over my street shoe is perfect in most shoes - unless they run really small.

Susan - no joke on the heel slippage in dress shoes. I am literally consumed with dread when it's time to go shopping for dress shoes.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avia, shoes, substitutes