Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-13, 08:52 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Shaw View Post
What about BBL Master Series, does anyone like these? I have the original and love it so I was wondering about this set as well.

Great results BTW Northernlight, that is fantastic!
Patiently waiting for this answer
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:10 PM  
kristieb726

I totally forgot to chime in earlier about the master series. I actually got them first I believe when I posted but it was my projects go live weekend and everything went to hell...lol. I actually really enjoy the master series and find that it's similar in a lot of ways and different in others. Leander's is just as cute as always and if you click with his personality and style of instructing then you'll enjoy these. To me they have a more personal feel because there are two background exercises and his form pointers are excellent as always. The format is the same as the previous in that you see the name of the exercises along with the time. The music is still really lively and the set is beautiful. It looks like a loft but they flash to having them exercising outside (same as original set) but they're out by the pool and it's beautiful. These do use ankle weights (ala old firm) so in my opinion you can make them as challenging as you want by raising or lowering that weight. Higher and Tighter uses a Swiss ball and there is definitely a cardio component because squating, lunging and doing wood chops at tempo while swinging the ball around will get your heart rate up (or it does mine). The side benefit of these workouts is core work and he mentions that as well. As I said earlier if you really like he first set then you'll enjoy these.

HTH!
Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:28 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

Thank you Kris! These are on my list now, love Leandro :-)

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:35 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Shaw View Post
Thank you Kris! These are on my list now, love Leandro :-)
Happy to help Bonnie! For me these are not a replacement of the original set but a good extension of the first. I have to warn you that there are a lot of lunges so anyone with sensitive knees might want to give this a pass or modify to your fitness level. I hope that he adds additional workouts to this series because I would snap them up in a heartbeat.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:53 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
Zumzum, I have some Tonique DVDs. I had them on my trade list, but I think I'll try Tonique Mat. I like Sylwia and I agree that she seems very authentic -- like Leandro. I thought, though, that her workouts were way too difficult. Now, after doing Leandro for a month I think I might just be able to attempt a Tonique vid -- I feel that much stronger.

Beth, my results were as follows: I have a lot more lower body strength. (I never thought I would enjoy that many squats and lunges so much!). I lost 3/4 of an inch on my hips and a smidge more than an inch on each thigh. I have also been losing weight -- slowly -- but I think that is due mostly to diet and cardio. My caboose also looks a lot better in trousers and 'nekkid'! My legs look a lot better as well. And there is definitely less jello-ity. About lift -- how to tell? If someone knows of a way to measure this, please share. My nether-cheeks are rounder, I think.

I'd like to thank Marika and LeanneM for recommending these workouts in a previous thread.
Yay! I'm so glad you got great results! I just Leandro,

I did the Master Series for a month, and actually put on inches. I wrote a full review of it on amazon, if you're interested. For me, the original series is a lot more fun.

A few folks mentioned the new Energy Mat workout, and that's also a great addition to a lower-body program! She really works the legs and glutes in EM and Born to Move.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 10:57 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
Sorry, Beth, you asked about rotations. Along with BBL I've been doing cardio three times a week -- Christi Taylor's hi-lo, Amy Dixon's Breathless and Chantal Pierrat's Soul Sweat. (BBL's Cardio Axe is okay, but I prefer longer cardio or HIITs)

I've been doing BBL Sculpt lower body work, but all my upper body work is either Cory's GHAS or Cathe's Upper Body Pyramids, along with TA Mat arms. It'a great combo for me. My arms have never, ever looked better.

And I don't use Leandro's Tummy Tuck workout, although it looks great. It's just that I only work the transverse abs.

This is probably way more than you wanted to know.
Can I ask what GHAS is? Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 02:52 AM  
BlueSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Can I ask what GHAS is? Thanks!
GHAS = Get Hard: Arms & Shoulders
BlueSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 06:46 AM  
northernlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
No, actually it's not more than I wanted to know! But I did want to know about how many times per week you are doing BBL. I S have the Bum Bum disc, Sculpt, and High & Tight, so I'm particularly interested in how you use those workouts. Thanks!
Beth, I do BBL at least five times a week. There is a rotation guide which you may or may not have, and I followed it for the first couple of weeks then decided on a rotation that seemed best for me. So my rotation now looks like this:

Mon: Upper body work and Bum Bum
Tues: Cardio and High and Tight
Wed: Bum Bum and the lower body part of sculpt ( as well as some of Sculpt's plank work)
Thurs: Upper body workout and cardio
Fri: Bum Bum and High & Tight
Sat: Bum Bum and the LB part of Sculpt (and cardio if I'm feeling frisky)
Sun: either rest or some upper body work and/ or cardio
Mon: Cardio and High and Tight
And so on

Leandro has helpful rotations in the Makeover Guide, rotations for different issues. After a couple of weeks I did what seemed to work best for me. I should give credit where credit is due and mention that I did the arm series from TA's Mat workout at least four days a week and have had amazing results as have, it seems, many others.

Nancy
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 06:53 AM  
northernlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I really like Leandro, too. He is upbeat, charming and he can cue!
Agreed! A total professional. And fun. For me, there is zero dread factor with his workouts. I always look forward to them

I think if you stick with him a little longer you will see more 'elevation' I think it just takes longer for some, me included.
Old 02-08-13, 07:03 AM  
northernlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
How funny--I had the opposite results! It actually did *a lot* for my flat butt... to the point that my hip measurement is now 1" larger than it was a year ago. Sigh. Hoping to trim off some of the stuff in front this time around...

I know according to the system/ads, "Cardio Axe" is pitched as the BBL aerobic component (and consequently criticized for being too easy)--but IMO, "Bum Bum" is the cardio standout of the set. It is a 30-minute, non-stop, well-choreographed squat-a-thon and lunge-fest where you are constantly changing levels/planes. You know a workout is tough when the REST periods are plyometric.
You're absolutely right, PrairieGem, I never thought of it that way, but Bum Bum is very much a cardio workout. And the better you get at it, and the fewer breaks you take, the more you sweat.

I never imagined that a "squat-a-thon and lunge-fest", not to mention the plyometrics, could be that much fun!

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro