Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-23, 02:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Question on shoes

I am slowly replacing shoes that are too small. I have some Skechers that are nice and springy that I wear when I jump rope but they are too small so before I start the search for replacements I thought I would ask what shoes others like for jumping rope and plyos.

I like Altra for running and Saucony for walking. I do most workouts barefoot and have tried jumping rope barefoot but I trip and catch the rope btwn my toes. Not a nice feeling!

Thanks for all suggestions!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-23, 02:47 PM  
bubbles76

I'm no help as I like Skechers for my workout shoes . I've also worked out in Nikes and Reeboks. I haven't found a pair of Nike's that I've liked since my early 2000 icy whites though. They don't make them anymore, I don't think.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-23, 03:38 PM  
Vantreesta

I would be totally fine with Skechers! I like the ones I have, they're just too small, and since I bought them several years ago I figured they may not make that one anymore. I hate when smthg you like isn't made anymore!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-19-23, 05:59 PM  
bubbles76

If I can, I try to buy at least three pairs at a time of a shoe I really like. I wear a 8 1/2 wide. Finding shoes in half sizes and wides, not to mention with adequate cushioning for my hips and knees are a challenge, so when I find a great pair I buy multiples
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-23, 08:04 PM  
Vantreesta

I have done that in the past and might this time too. I've had some foot issues in the last few years so I have been trying out different sizes.

When I heard they were discontinuing the Skechers Shape Up Resistance Runners that I loved so much I bought every pair in the clearance section that was within a half size of what I wore!

Old 02-19-23, 09:34 PM  
wendug

I recently bought a pair of Reebok Flexagon Energy training shoes on a recommendation from Michelle Briehler (YT Trainer). They are indeed comfy! I'm also a fan of New Balance 577 training shoes. When I looked up these shoes the New Balance site does not show them anymore. I guess they are discontinued. I get so tired of trying new workout shoes because the style I like is discontinued.
Old 02-19-23, 10:16 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
If I can, I try to buy at least three pairs at a time of a shoe I really like.
I do the same. I'm dreading when I next have to buy athletic shoes. I have awhile though before I "use up" all the ones I have.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 02:17 PM  
red1013

Hoka Clifton are my favorite workout shoes, very comfortable but expensive.
Old 02-20-23, 09:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
If I can, I try to buy at least three pairs at a time of a shoe I really like. I wear a 8 1/2 wide. Finding shoes in half sizes and wides, not to mention with adequate cushioning for my hips and knees are a challenge, so when I find a great pair I buy multiples
Bubbles, we're practically the same size - I'm 8 1/2 with a wide toe box, although an actual W is usually too big for me. If you have favorite brands, let me know!!!

I just went shoe shopping today, although not for fitness shoes. I went to a shoe store that carries pricier brands (e.g., Clarks, Taos). I got a brand new to me, Alegria - they are very comfortable (plenty of toe box room!), have great arch support, and look cute with jeans:
https://alegriashoes.com/collections...-twilight-shoe

A few weeks ago I saw a cute pair of Sketchers at TJ Maxx that I might go back to get (in the tan color):
https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Be-Y.../dp/B08SWD8662

I am also trying to replace my shoes that don't fit!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 05:18 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Bubbles, we're practically the same size - I'm 8 1/2 with a wide toe box, although an actual W is usually too big for me. If you have favorite brands, let me know!!!

I just went shoe shopping today, although not for fitness shoes. I went to a shoe store that carries pricier brands (e.g., Clarks, Taos). I got a brand new to me, Alegria - they are very comfortable (plenty of toe box room!), have great arch support, and look cute with jeans:
https://alegriashoes.com/collections...-twilight-shoe

A few weeks ago I saw a cute pair of Sketchers at TJ Maxx that I might go back to get (in the tan color):
https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Be-Y.../dp/B08SWD8662

I am also trying to replace my shoes that don't fit!!!
I am the same size too with same toe issues. For the Alegria’s, what size did you go with? Since, there’s no half sizes? 38 fit ok? Or 39?

Thanks!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jump rope, ropix, shoes, shoes for high impact, shoes for plyo, sneakers, workout shoes