Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-09, 09:29 AM  
Tugger31

INSANITY On a Rebounder

....sounds like a new workout title. Anyhoo....would Insanity be something worthwhile doing on a rebounder or is there not enough room on the rebounder to get the same cardio sweat fest effect?? I've thought about purchasing Insanity but it looks waaaay too hard on my old, creaky knees.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 12:00 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

You can do a few moves on the rebounder, e.g. jumping jacks, tuck jumps, etc. The ones that stay in place. However, most moves are either plank stuff or those that move around. I had ACL surgery on my right knee after a martial arts accident last year. Insanity is not as high impact as I thought it would be. I don't consider plank moves, ice skaters, or running type moves really high impact so I do them. Something like Cathe jumping onto a 14 inch box would be something that I consider high impact (though I will still do them once in awhile). I would consider tuck jumps high impact too but I use my rebounder for that.
Old 11-19-09, 04:37 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info. I was curious about the impact too. Great to know some could be rebounder-friendly. I love working my rebounder into workouts.

(*Hi Helen! -- Long time no see!*)

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 04:42 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
Thanks for the info. I was curious about the impact too. Great to know some could be rebounder-friendly. I love working my rebounder into workouts.

(*Hi Helen! -- Long time no see!*)
Hi Renee!!! Let me know if you visit Utah soon. Would love to have another VF get-together.
Old 11-19-09, 05:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Something like Cathe jumping onto a 14 inch box would be something that I consider high impact (though I will still do them once in awhile).
OMG when does she do that! LOL! I dont' do her workouts much (I have STS Strength and Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance but that move isn't there). That sounds mega hard and a little frightening to me! LOL! Maybe it's not as bad as what I am imagining, I just have never seen that move before in a workout. Then again, I am not super advanced enough for most Cathe workouts.
Old 11-19-09, 05:36 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
OMG when does she do that! LOL! I dont' do her workouts much (I have STS Strength and Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance but that move isn't there). That sounds mega hard and a little frightening to me! LOL! Maybe it's not as bad as what I am imagining, I just have never seen that move before in a workout. Then again, I am not super advanced enough for most Cathe workouts.
She does this in the Meso 3 Plyo Legs workouts. In her new Shock Cardio series, she has some pics where it looks like they are jumping on high boxes. It really isn't as hard as it sounds. If you watch Biggest Loser, they have contestants jumping on high boxes. This year, a contestant name Allen is jumping on a plyo box that looks like 30 inches (not sure how high it really is)!!!
Old 11-19-09, 11:35 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

The first time I saw people jumping onto boxes like that was at a health club (I was spying on the class as my kids left swimming lessons). I thought if I did that, I'd lose a tooth (then overheard this woman say the same thing). She was able to do it though. I still haven't tried it, but if you say it's doable, Helen, I believe you. (I'll for sure let you know next time I'm in Utah. It probably won't be until next semester, at least -- I'll hopefully have another daughter going to school there next summer, so for sure then when she moves out).

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insanity, rebounder friendly, rebounding