Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-22, 12:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, Happy St. Patrick's Day! We don't really celebrate (even though my husband and I both have at least a little Irish in us) but I have a friend who does and it's also my niece's birthday.

Nice to "see" you, horusosiris. I keep meaning to try some Life with Cee, but I'm thinking I need to start back in on things with full body and it seems like she mostly has splits. I did tell a non VF friend about that channel and she's very happy -- says it's exactly what she was looking for.

I'm only mildly sore from my return to weights yesterday, so that's good. I did the newest TBP that is being discussed on GD. It was hard to find it on their website because they name things differently between there and youtube! Kind of crazy and that's the first I've noticed that, but I didn't really feel like putting up with ads if I didn't need to. Anyway, fun workout.
Old 03-17-22, 01:18 PM  
manleym

WAAAY behind! Sorry, it's been a busy week.

VVFer score on your new Gorilla mat. I never look at those Lightening Deals but should because you never know what's out there. I think my mat is a Gxmmat. It's worked pretty well but is started to show some wear. Those mats are quite expensive so hope you got an awesome deal.

Kim OH MY!! I just hurt for you when I read about your fall!! I'm so glad you got checked out and were just sore and bruised - no breaks or anything. Hugs to you! Glad you're on the mend.

Cataddict we had crazy weather last week too. Thursday was warm, sunny, glorious. I worked in the yard just to be outside. Friday was cold, cold, cold - rainy, sleet. Just yuck. Glad the MRI experience wasn't as bad as you had anticipated. Hoping for good results soon.

ChelePA it is sad when we can no longer do what we used to be able to. I know it's hard to think of where you were and are now. It's good that you're enjoying your workouts though. And so glad you and Winston were able to go on a "walk" around the yard. I know it did you both alot of good.

Oh KateTT I'm SO SORRY to hear Justin had to go back to the hospital. Hugs to you and prayers that everything is ok. Please keep us updated.

Bee how did dinner turn out? That does sound REALLY spicy! Yikes!

Back later to post more. Gotta run. Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-22, 01:32 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

Nice to "see" you, horusosiris. I keep meaning to try some Life with Cee, but I'm thinking I need to start back in on things with full body and it seems like she mostly has splits. I did tell a non VF friend about that channel and she's very happy -- says it's exactly what she was looking for.

Bee- Cee recently did a 4 week full body series that was very good.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bx2HQCf-VuRIbR

Manelym and Cataddict-- tomorrow it is going to be 75 degrees here. I can not wait!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-22, 06:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Bee- Cee recently did a 4 week full body series that was very good.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bx2HQCf-VuRIbR
Oh my gosh..... I completely missed that -- thank you!! I will give it a whirl!

Oh the dinner..... I ended up pulling out a bunch of pieces of the pepper -- even though it was cut up very small, I somehow was able to (I guess I hadn't stirred up that part yet). So, it wasn't all that spicy.... but..... in the middle of the night I woke up and my left hand (the one that held the pepper) was burning! I don't know if I can blame the pepper, but I don't know what else it would have been. So strange. At any rate, the meal was pretty good!

I hope people can enjoy some good weather soon!!
Old 03-17-22, 08:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yikes bee..I guess you better wear gloves next time you use that pepper?

We like spices here but not fans of pepper

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 11:08 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Yikes bee..I guess you better wear gloves next time you use that pepper?

We like spices here but not fans of pepper
Probably should wear gloves but I don't like that kind of waste and tend to live dangerously. Perhaps stupidly.

Well, my boys have been sick this week and now me, too. Really sore throat that seems to turn into a cold -- not covid. I was planning to try a Cee this morning but because just yesterday I told my kid to wait until he's healthy to get back to his workouts, I decided I should probably have a rest day. Also was meant to have a haircut today but I gave my hairdresser the option of rescheduling and she jumped on it. So, I'm just sitting here reading about books that change lives and being lazy. An odd morning. I will at least do my PT at some point.

Happy Friday!!
Old 03-18-22, 12:26 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… hope you feel better soon. Good idea to take a rest day to recoup.

Peloton schedule was 10 minutes core. 30 minutes legs and glute, body weight only. 30 minute walk on the treadmill listening to a podcast. 10 minutes full body stretch.

Anyone else loving March Madness? My husband was so excited when St. Peter’s beat Kentucky in OT. Alma mater for a few family members.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 02:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I realized that I omitted the workouts I had done in my last post. So consumed with getting an MRI that all else flew out of my mind! The unknown is often scarier than reality, I guess.

Anyhoo, I have been doing some of the metabolic/circuit/bootcamp type workouts from Cathe Live in order to get some mild weight work. I've done #154 Metabolic Meltdown followed by #147 Quick Fix Cardio & #151 Athletic Conditioning. I think I started the latter once before and scratched it since the step portion is intense with not enough warmup IMHO. Of course I'm not stepping right now so it didn't seem so bad!

Kate, hope there is some good news on Justin very soon!

bee, ugh on the pepper incident. We don't do spicy peppers either (roasted red pepper is about as peppery as I get) but I didn't know they could burn fingers! I'm also doing total body with the weights that I do use. It's been tough to figure out what is "light" but I've been doing a few pounds less than Cathe and that's been working so far.

Kim, hope you still are feeling no aftereffects of your fall! You're not alone in doing things that we darn well know we shouldn't do but do them anyway!

Chele, so far we haven't watched any March Madness games. We are mostly following 3 teams, one of which got knocked out yesterday (not surprisingly--it was Norfolk State and they had the unfortunate task of facing last year's champion!). We like seeing the upsets and Cinderella teams doing well, so we are happy that the U of R Spiders were one of those teams along with St Peters!! And I am with you at sometimes struggling to convince myself that where I am right now is okay even with my numerous modifications.

MamaW, I am happily doing Grounded Angels!

Waves and hugs to manleym, Nathalie, horusosiris, ToddlerW and FN2!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 04:35 PM  
horusosiris

Kate- I want you to know that I am still thinking of you and Justin. I am sending both of you big hugs.

Bee- Yikes! Yes, maybe wear gloves the next time. I hope that you will feel better soon.

I am on a hiatus from news, social media and TV (movies on Netflix, PBS or Disney Plus only), so no March Madness for me. I can hardly believe that I am sticking to it. Missing March Madness is a first for me. Being in blissful ignorance about what is going on has some good points.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 08:58 AM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus has the hiatus from media helped? I hope so. We all need to find peace of mind somehow. I hope your recovery from your surgery is progressing too.

Chele no March Madness for me. I have zero interest in it. I’m just not a big sports fan. Have fun rooting for your teams! It is fun to have something new and interesting going on to take the mundane out of life.

Cataddict I agree that the unknown is often scarier than the reality. I struggle with that a lot. I am glad your MRI is over and I hope the results produce an effective treatment plan.

Bee I hope your cold isn’t too severe. Rest days are never a bad thing.

I went for a walk at lunch yesterday. The weather was perfect. I got a couple Karen Voight DVDs and was contemplating doing Lean Legs and Buns, but decided to give my recovery a few more days. I’m feeling pretty good considering, but my recent discomfort is now in my mid back on the right side. I think I must have landed harder on the right side. It hurts to take a deep breath sometimes and it hurts to move my arm. But, the more I move around the better the discomfort gets, so that’s a good thing.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in