Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-22, 09:29 PM  
Mickey12

cataddict I’m happy to see you post. I just wanted to add that you will get better. When I hurt my back in August I was scared that I would never return to normal. Don’t give up hope. And you’re right, Chele is our best example of never giving up and keeping the faith.
Old 02-11-22, 10:39 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
cataddict I’m happy to see you post. I just wanted to add that you will get better. When I hurt my back in August I was scared that I would never return to normal. Don’t give up hope. And you’re right, Chele is our best example of never giving up and keeping the faith.
Once again, Kim says it best!! FN2, sending you some fuzzy hugs from here too.

Nathalie, I hope your son's symptoms stay mild and you don't get it. I do agree with "it's just a matter of time" and I too knew it was coming, that we'd eventually get this thing.

Speaking of...my husband is doing much better, and I'm really thankful for that and I'm super thankful for my case being so very mild, but I still have issues with smell and taste and am wondering when that's going to resolve??? I feel like I'll never enjoy cooking or eating again. I guess the upside is the litter boxes haven't bothered me in weeks.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 11:22 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Once again, Kim says it best!! FN2, sending you some fuzzy hugs from here too.

Nathalie, I hope your son's symptoms stay mild and you don't get it. I do agree with "it's just a matter of time" and I too knew it was coming, that we'd eventually get this thing.

Speaking of...my husband is doing much better, and I'm really thankful for that and I'm super thankful for my case being so very mild, but I still have issues with smell and taste and am wondering when that's going to resolve??? I feel like I'll never enjoy cooking or eating again. I guess the upside is the litter boxes haven't bothered me in weeks.
I know some that it took months for smell and taste to return. I’m glad your husband is doing better, but sorry you are having this prolonged symptom.

Nathalie…my daughter was extremely tired, fever for one day and occasional cough especially at night. Lasted a week and doesn’t seem to have long term issues. Hoping your son recovers quickly.

Some days I don’t feel very inspirational and then you ladies help turn my mood around. Thanks for the kind words.

Cataddict…hoping they can come up with a plan that works for you. I feel stuck in limbo at times. Not really knowing how far I will progress and how long it will take.

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes of core, 10 minutes of floor barre, and then a 20 minute leg/glute routine. No weights for me. I practiced balance and range of motion mostly for the moves that were done today. Finished with a 20 minute walk and a recovery stretch.

50s today. The ice will finally completely melt. Good day for a walk Kim
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 12:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cataddict, happy belated birthday! I know how you are feeling with things, and how you feel about what Chele's post -- I feel the same. I'm really starting to wonder if I should have an x-ray, and if that would change anything if I did and knew more. Oh, and yes, I only do Daniel's workouts too, or maybe AvD ones, but not the plain Alex ones. She seems like she's probably a nice enough person, but for some reason, I don't really like her workouts as much either.

Nathalie, hoping everyone is staying healthy and getting healthy at your house!

kittybug, on the smelling/tasting problems..... my hairdresser had that and she actually worked to train it back. She used mint and I think vanilla -- you could probably use coffee, too. Anything with a scent that's good and strong that you remember -- sniff it and think about what it smells like, and repeat. A new workout for you! But she was convinced it helped her. I hope it gets better!

Kim, I'm glad to know that you got better -- thanks for the cheering.

Today I did CL 234 - Strong Express upper body. It's a great upper body workout, though seemed quite heavy on shoulders. She really packed in the work with giant sets for body parts.

Waves to all. I'm thinking about all of you this morning!
Old 02-11-22, 02:49 PM  
horusosiris

Lavna- I am sending well wishes for your son and I hope that his symptoms remain tolerable and mild.

I am wishing ALL of the Watulans well. We are all facing many challenges but we will prevail.

It was 50 degrees today. Is Spring on the way!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 03:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Many Watulans going through challenging times. I thought about this old poster that was popular back in the day:

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 03:49 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Many Watulans going through challenging times. I thought about this old poster that was popular back in the day:
HA! Thanks for this VVFer! My first thought was, "hanging by a thread!"

Hugs and waves everyone!!

And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Cataddict!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 10:48 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton schedule. 10 minutes core. 10 minutes arms and light weights with focus on triceps and shoulders. 20 minutes upper body strength.

Then added on TBP H2O Boiling Point. Workout #5. It was around 20 minutes of low impact moves.

Continuing to send positive vibes and good health to this group
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 08:35 PM  
Mickey12

Happy Saturday Watulans,

Nothing makes me want to workout more than a new pair of shoes! We were out for a movie and lunch today and on the way home we stopped at the running shoe store (I know Chele loves this store too). I ended up buying two pair and my husband got a pair. I got a pair of Mizuno, never had that brand before and I wore them tonight for my workout. They’re pretty cushioned and they felt good. I also got a pair of Asics which has been my go to brand for many years. The past few years they had changed their cushioning and I was unhappy with them. The style I bought today was great! The salesman said Asics had returned to their former cushiness. We also stopped at the New Balance store and my husband got a shirt and pair of joggers. I love buying fitness stuff!

My workout was KCM Cardiofit, the Kickbox/weight workout. I liked it more than I thought I would. The mix of kickbox with leg weight work mixed together made the workout pass quickly. I really liked the music - techno with a good beat and loud enough. Then I did the bonus raw workout which was step boxing. This one was ok and it had the same style music.

Hope you all have an enjoyable evening.
Old 02-13-22, 09:10 AM  
horusosiris

To all Watulans who are football fans-it is Superbowl Sunday! May the best team win!

The weather is everywhere these days. Yesterday it was 60 and today it is 30 and snow!

Mickey-great find and I am glad that you liked your new Asics sand Mizuno shoes. There is nothing like a comfortable and well made shoe.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in