Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-22, 09:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!! Wow, I feel like I have missed a lot of posts! Where to begin.....

Kate, funny about the painting job offer. My son loves to paint too, but then he was helping a friend of ours paint and that guy was pretty critical of Dylan's painting skills, to it took a little away from it. Nice to have the deck/porch done! I can't remember which it is now.

manleym, that is quite hot!! Yikes! I think your rotation idea is great and I'll bet you'll have fun plugging in the workouts when you're not standing there thinking you've got to get that workout started.

Kim, I'm amazed that you worked out the day after your vaccine! I think I usually try to take a break. I think you are quite wise to get vaccinated now.... just in case. You can get an updated one eventually.

kittybug, 11-ty-2 errands! I love it. But not so much fun in the heat!! You and I are opposites.... I think I've only ever done *shortened* premixes of To the Max and Crossfire!

Great Googly Moogly, cataddict! I think she mostly does the same exercises for the Tempo week. I was eyeing her pyramid for my next week -- maybe. Well, next week I'm actually headed to the beach with my sister, so no formal workouts, but the week after. Alright, I need to remember to look up Steve's youtube channel.

Chele, I am sort of treating my son's moving to NY this summer as a lesson in learning to adult, budget, cook, etc. Well, and he is viewing it that way, too. They do charge a fortune at those little colleges! He is keeping a spreadsheet of his expenses and as predicted, living in a one bedroom apartment off campus is cheaper for him than sharing an apartment on campus and buying a meal plan. Those meal plans get pricey. As for the moving logistics.... unfortunately a lot of trips to the post office!

Vintage, pyramid upper is a classic! Her exhaustion at the end of biceps. And that makes me think of Cathe being 58 -- wow, she is amazing! I still think of her as quite a bit younger, partially because I tend to do ten year old dvds, but also because..... that woman has hardly aged!!!

Yesterday I did Caroline's Tempo back and biceps -- wow! A lot of back work involved there! My back and biceps were perhaps the most sore I've been with Caroline's workouts. Today I did CL #162 -- Get Steppin'. It was pretty fun -- I had trouble with the amount of spinning/turning toward the end. Not my favorite. I'm excited to try the arms one Kate mentioned -- 402, I think? Seems like you're working through them in order, Kate!

Have a great weekend, Fierce Ones!!
Old 07-23-22, 08:39 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All,

I am going to try to be more consistent with posting…..

I have been busy with yard max. We decided to keep our house in MD. At one point we considered buying or building a new house in MD or elsewhere. I actually like our house and we have a lot of privacy and great hiking trails because our yard borders on to the state park. We had one estimate thus far for renovations and the addition that we want to add to our house. Finding a decent, honest and reasonable contractor is a job indeed.

Formal exercise has taken a back seat for the past month. I have been busy with relocating and moving some of our belongings from NY to MD. It is too hot for walks even, unless I get out early in the morning . We have decided that the majority of our time will be spend in Md and not NY so we are reversing our home situation.

Chel- I think that it is great that your daughter wants to live on campus. A part of the college experience is being away from home, developing more independence etc. That she is wiling to work to cover the added expense is a testament to her wanting it and willing to sacrifice to help out financially.

Manelym- I agree with Kate that you have to try STS. I love the program and I completed it three times. Now I just do random workouts from the series.

Kate- good for you for loving to paint. I can truly say that I do not even like painting by number. The LM Body Attacks are such fun!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 09:36 AM  
Mickey12

horusosirus very exciting about your switch up in your living situation. No wonder you haven’t had many formal workouts. The move must be very time consuming.

Bee I hope you have a great time at the beach. I love vacations!

Cataddict I also laughed at your great googly moogly comment. Unfortunately when my clothes get tight it’s not because I have gained muscle mass. Ha.

Chele I think it is great that Grace will be working to help out with her college expenses. All good life learning experiences.

I only had one day of feeling achy after my booster and yesterday I was completely back to normal. My husband didn’t feel bad at all after his booster. I went for a walk yesterday at lunch.

This morning I did the strength workout from Brazil Butt Lift. I have had the set for a few months but hadn’t done this workout before. I really liked it! Tons and tons of variety, no repeats except for some of the moves he does unilaterally, mix of single joint and compound moves, alternating from upper body to lower body, no breaks so it moves right along. It was 47 minutes which is a perfect length for me.

Traditionally I like to exercise in the evening but lately on the days I work from home I have been exercising in the morning. It feels good to be finished with my workout early but I feel like I don’t necessarily push as hard as I might in the evening. So today I decided to exercise in the morning even though it’s Saturday. I will be away from home most of the day and I know I won’t exercise when I get home later.

We had a whole family of turkeys wonder across our back yard this morning. There was an adult at the front, about 12 youngsters in the middle, then an adult bringing up the rear. Well, I really don’t know if it was one family or just a group, but they were fun to watch.

Yesterday on my way home from work I saw a mother deer and her fawn standing in the middle of the road just a short distance from our driveway. Our road is not busy at all but I really don’t like seeing them just standing there. I guess it’s better than having them run out without warning.

Stay well, Watulans.
Old 07-23-22, 10:31 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… so glad to see your update. Hoping the move goes well! Very time-consuming and counts as a workout both mentally and physically. curious if you are still not watching the news?

Kim… don’t you just love nature! I counted five baby bunnies on my walk yesterday. It’s like playing hide and find in my neighborhood. glad you are feeling OK as well as your husband.

Bee… A beach vacation sounds lovely. Would love to go away with my sister for a few days.

Manleym… I also worked through college. I do think it’s a good experience for our daughter. Just hoping she can handle all the changes. The positive is we are local if anything comes up and she needs us. She was just talking about how many days she will come home to visit Winston. Ha ha.

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes light weights and arms. 20 minutes push-pull upper body. Finish with 15 minutes of slow flow yoga.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 01:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Workouts: CL #402 Cardio Box: arms & abs, #403 Total Body Compound core, #404 Upper Body combos & a 40 minute Steven SanSoucie stepless step. All good! I modified the core when I needed to do so.

I forgot to mention a little funny about CL #190. In the left back of the class there was a participant who was wearing a white tee shirt with a message on the front. Because of the camera angle, the words looked like "Whole Lot of _ass." I was giggling and trying to figure out what the letters were in front---finally they showed her front on and the word is Sass! LOL! I wonder if she watched herself afterwards and saw what I did!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 02:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Some catchup!

horusosiris, so good to hear from you! Yucch on moving! And in the heat! That's enough of a workout!

Mickey12, cool that you saw a flock of turkeys! We had them in our yard when I was a kid. Scrawny things, aren't they?

manleym, you really should try STS. The second time around I didn't do the one rep max. I just use what's comfortable for me and modified when necessary (I don't have the type of step that can be slanted).

ChelePA, it is an advantage that your daughter will be close enough so she can get what she needs. You will have to FaceTime/video chat with Winston as I'm sure she will miss him!! She seems like a person with a good head on her shoulders so I'm confident she will be able to balance work and school once she jumps in.

FN1/SHW, funny you have been doing the extreme premixes in both To The Max and Crossfire! They both have great premixes and it's great you are exploring them.

bee, I think I am going to put off more Caroline for another week. I watched part of the Pyramid series and it looks like her version pyramids time rather than weight like Cathe does. I am not sure how I like that as it seems like either the weight could get too heavy for me to have good form by the end or if I use a light weight it would be too many reps. I am curious to know what you think if you try one of them.

Waves to Kate, lavna and MamaW!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 02:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosirus, so good to see you!! I agree with cataddict.... moving is enough of a workout! It sounds like you have a wonderful place there, so good idea to just stay.

Kim, glad you're better after the booster. I have always been a morning exerciser because I knew that if I didn't get it done I would never get to it. I haven't done any BBL in a very long time -- I should pull that out again! Around here it seems like there are usually two female turkeys together with a bunch of young ones -- it's like they group up for ease of parenting or something.

Chele, it is nice that your daughter won't be far away! I had some "fun" jobs in college (quotes because they seem like they might not be much fun, but actually I did have fun with them). I worked in the dining hall as my first job and then got a job in the accounting office of the library. I loved that job -- mostly just filing, but we all sat in a big room together in the basement of the library.

cataddict, you have me rethinking Caroline's pyramid week. That does not sound like much fun. Oh, and this morning as I was doing yet another set of Arnold presses, I had an epiphany about all of her shoulder work. I think the reason it's working better for me is that my shoulders have always been my weakest link -- I probably need more shoulder work. And it made me wonder if she includes so much of it because I am more like the "typical" home exerciser in that regard, whereas you and Kate are starting from a stronger shoulder base, so it's too much for you. I don't know.... it's a theory.

So, yes, this morning I did Tempo #4, total body. It's a good total body workout if anyone is looking for a workout with slow reps.

And now I'm (taking a break from) doing CleanMax since my sister is going to spend one night here before we head off together (Tuesday).
Old 07-24-22, 07:57 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…that is too funny about the shirt angle!!!

Bee…have a wonderful relaxing vacation! How long will your son be gone? Can’t wait to hear all about it.

As each instructor gets back into the Peloton studio and does his/her first live class, I’m trying to take the recorded version. Today’s ride was 30 minutes of hip hop music. This instructor had sooooo much energy with members present. It’s been 2 1/2 years so I understand the excitement and you can feel it across the screen. Great start to my morning. Followed up with 10 minutes of yoga flow focusing on floor poses.

My niece was supposed to be induced last night. Unfortunately they had way too many unexpected deliveries so she was canceled. Not sure what today will hold. Fingers crossed there’s a room available soon.
Old 07-24-22, 04:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, Dylan and I will both arrive back home on Friday. I actually had to text the satellite texting machine they have with them this morning. That fire near Yosemite (that is big enough to be making national news, I'm guessing), is headed in sort of their direction so I wanted to know if any authorities would know to evacuate them. Turns out they are right near the giant meadow where they evacuate hikers to, so they're in the best place possible.

That's a bummer about your niece -- is she anxious? Is this her first baby? I guess your friend probably won't be on the shift, depending on how soon she gets in there.

Oh hey, the Lady Gaga show seems to be getting fantastic reviews -- I'm sure you're aware. I can't wait to hear about it. When is the big night?

This morning I did a Steven SanSoucie step workout (I think it was this one but youtube is frozen for me right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNG0hg3bHTM). It was so much fun! Fun music, a little repetitive, maybe, but I loved it! Choreography very easy to follow -- I wonder if he's done a lot of Cathe step workouts. It was not getting my heart rate up very much so I started jumping on everything I could and that made it perfect -- not too intense, just right. He mentioned that he has laryngitis since he recovered from covid, and still wasn't feeling all that well, so I'm thinking that maybe other workouts might be a bit more intense. Either way though, I will do more of his, definitely. Thanks, cataddict!
Old 07-25-22, 09:39 AM  
ChelePA

Bee.. I saw the news about the wildfires and state of emergency. So glad you were able to get in touch with your son’s group for peace of mind. Hoping you can enjoy your vacation!

My niece went in the hospital yesterday to be induced. We are thinking Reina will arrive sometime this evening.

I said it’s a perfect present for Christmas in July. It’s also our anniversary today! Double celebration!

This morning I did Cathe’s Perfect Pump lower body plus core. This one really does a great job in 30 minutes. No modifications YAY except I used dumbbells probably half the weight she was using for most of the exercises. Followed with a 20 minute peloton hike on the treadmill since it’s a rainy day here.

Usually on our anniversary we walk the lake where my husband proposed. But that’s not happening with this weather so we will probably go out to eat later. I had a local bakery make a heart-shaped big chocolate chip cookie since that’s his favorite dessert.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in