Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-18-22, 03:05 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym… your post reminded me about our dinner conversation the other day. I was talking to my husband and daughter about Cathe’s ‘s new series and possibly buying the DVDs when the pre-sale starts. They both looked at me like I had two heads. At the same time, they both basically said who makes DVDs these days???
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 05:24 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Nathalie… nice to see an update!!! Hope you’re feeling OK after the second booster. I know what you mean about cardio if you don’t mix it in weekly. And especially with Cathe!

Happy Monday!
This are going well with this booster shot. It's Tuesday morning and I have almost no pain in the arm. She chose her injection spot wisely! No other side effects. Yay! My body is getting used to being vaccinated I guess! (I had my 2nd Shingrix shot in June!)
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 09:04 AM  
ChelePA

Good to hear no side effects Nathalie!!! I was thinking of you this morning because my one workout included cardio and weights. I am modifying but boy my heart rate was up!

Bee… would love to know more about your son’s travels.

Kudos to all of you who stuck through Caroline‘s rotation! Not sure I could exclusively do her for my workouts. But I know they are effective!!!

Peloton workouts today included 15 minutes Pilates. 15 minutes full body with cardio and weights alternating. This one had me out of breath despite my moves being low impact. 10 minutes yoga flow focusing on locust pose. 10 minutes full body stretch with Barbra Streisand music. The lawn needs to be done but I’m dreading it with 90° temperatures. I may wait until the evening. It looks like the heat wave is not going away. I know for some of you that seems mild. Ha ha. But the humidity has been rough the last few days.
Old 07-19-22, 10:59 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yikes I'm already behind again! Happy Tuesday, Watulans!

Sunday was Leah's Ballet Body Upper Body plus Squeeze Lower Body Challenge. I have to say, holy flying monkeys, I felt a very noticeable difference doing the upper body work, like way stronger, and I know it's all core because the first freaking 20 minutes of that workout she has you in some sort of non-stop plank (brutal)! But I was thrilled about how strong I felt, and there are other things happening too that I'm super happy about. The lower body challenge is new-to-me and will take some adjusting to figure out what the heck she was doing in some parts, hah!

Yesterday was CL 77, Blast, Barre, and Bands (or something like that) which was EXCELLENT. Five circuits of three cardio blasts followed by compound work followed by lower body barre work followed by bands plus light weights for upper body. Sweat fest total body workout with only 5 pound weights and tubing!

Bee, you kinda took the words out of my mouth with STS 2! I know I'll probably get it but after the favorable changes I'm seeing with my current routine, I question if I really will get it? UG! I'd have FOMO if I didn't, I know that, but....but....ARG!! I guess wait and see...I'm enjoying what I'm doing right now but we all know about rotation fatigue! Speaking of, major props to those of you finishing a Caroline rotation!!

ChelePA, SO sorry to hear about your mom's friend. Glad you could drive! I laughed so hard at your husband and daughter's 'who makes DVDs??' comment!!! Although maybe I should cry about that.

VVfer, I have never, ever, once done that original Buns of Steel and have always been so curious about it! But not sure I can get over the outfits, hah!! Happy to hear about the good meetups!

Nathalie, SO good to see you! I laughed about the burpee comment. I get tired of burpees and the like sometimes too.

OMG, Manleym, I have a similar coffee story. My husband was the one to make it that morning only he didn't quite get the carafe properly situated and when I came downstairs, coffee was EVERYWHERE, running into the cabinet below, all around the lazy Susan that's in there, all over the floor, counter, everywhere. It took FOREVER to clean all that up and I told him he was no longer allowed to make the coffee.

Gotta run, behind on work...have a great day all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 11:34 AM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Chele our grass doesn't need mowing yet since we haven't had much rain at all lately. Something to be said for NOT having any sprinklers. I'm very happy about the break in cutting the grass. We usually get a couple of weeks in July when it stops growing due to less rain, but not every year. So, I'm happy about it.

Lots of great posts lately. Alta I love your meet up events. They sound so much fun. You're fortunate to live in a place that has a lot of activity and things to do.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cathe's new series. I only did STS once and don't see myself visiting it again. I guess I'm not really sure what the new series will be. I don't need another STS, but like Kittybug said, I will feel FOMO if I don't get it. I will wait closer to the release date to see exactly what it will be like and will probably end up buying it.

This morning I did another workout from Jessica Smith's new Total Body Circuit Work it. This one was ok, same as the last one from this DVD. She does mostly compound moves (not my favorite) and she does them at a slower pace (also not my favorite). I basically had the DVD playing and did my own versions of the exercises she was showing. So, I had a workout but not what it was supposed to be.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-19-22, 01:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! I also had a chuckle about the scene around the table discussing the manufacturing of dvds!

lavna, good news on the lack of side effects! Every time I get a vaccine now, I think of cataddict's advice to move the arm around. I started swinging my arm around before I left the pharmacy. I probably looked like a crazy woman but I didn't care.

Chele, low impact.... like Cathe says, "it doesn't mean it's any less intense." Sometimes I'm amazed at how effective low impact is! Oh.... so I dropped Dylan off this morning. He's headed up with our family friend who goes every year, so I got a bit more info on the situation. It's a six mile hike in, but there's a chance they can put their gear on some military truck that hauls in the food. They have a couple of days of prep work to get ready for the people. I guess it's part of the "Roads Scholar" program -- an educational travel organization for (as my friend said) "the mature crowd". So, they clean up the campsite, put up tents, then I think they will be helping a bit with meal prep (though maybe just lunch) and being caboose on day hikes. Sounds pretty fun if you ask me! Good luck with the lawn work -- 90+humidity sounds pretty hot too me!!

kittybug, as soon as I saw mention of Leah's upper body workout I got the memory of that relentless plank work!! Her workouts are *tough*!! It's very cool that you're enjoying your rotation with more barre work.

Kim, what a bummer that a couple of the Jessica's just weren't your cup of tea and you had to do your own thing.

This morning I did Caroline's Tempo Week Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. If the music used today is any indication, I think she made this a one week rotation because she couldn't stand the music. It was a good workout -- three sets of an exercise, so Chele, it may be one that would drive you crazy, but I found the repetition not bad at all because the movements were done so slowly I only did about 8 reps each set. I liked it.

Ok, I'd better get to work!!
Old 07-19-22, 01:44 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Jeez, how time flies!

Workouts: because of Hair Max I did walking for a couple of days so I wouldn't get too sweaty and mess up my new hair. Other than that, I did Cathe Live #127 Circuit Works, Barre and Core. I liked this way more than I thought I would! Just enough barre not to kill me, the core used some compound moves which work for me since I have to watch my core exercises. FN1, I think this one is similar to the one you mentioned so you would probably like it too.

I also did CL #19 Total Body Sculpt (tough). Yesterday I started with Kim Spreen's kickboxing. I like her personality, but her kickboxing style is not for me. I took it out of the player, and replaced it with Amy Bento's In the Ring. I think I prefer more "choreographed" kickboxing or maybe Kim just moves too slow for my taste. Who knows. At any rate I got a good workout with the combination of the two. I did like Kim's warmup.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 02:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2, I had to look up that CL you mentioned and realized YES, I did that one pretty recently and my notes rave about how much I loved it, hah!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 02:23 PM  
ChelePA

Kim… One year we didn’t use the sprinklers -trying to save money and our grass was so dead we had to do a complete overhaul which was quite expensive. So the good and the bad with the sprinklers and water bill. It didn’t look like it was going to cool down as the evening approached plus tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter at 96°, so I conquered the lawn and I was a drippy, sweaty mess. Second shower of the day for me.

Bee..That sounds like a really great trip. Can’t wait to hear more details when he gets home. And you’re right low impact or sometimes just adding light weights to a workout really can get your heart rate up. Funny you mention repetition-many of the peloton strength workouts have been repeating maybe two exercises three to four times. Then another set. Etc. etc. and then they usually finish with an EMOM or an AMRAP. Normally that would drive me insane but since the accident, it really helps with my form and changing weights as needed. Also I really think the music is the key for me especially with strength workouts. As for my toe unfortunately still with pain due to the infection and healing. I think I’m almost immune to some pain these days since I have chronic issues in my leg which at times can take my breath away.

Cataddict and Kittybug…I like a mix of barre but not too much. Those lives sound really good. Love using the bands too since my accident. I sometimes substitute them in during lower body strength routines for a different type of challenge.

STS never interested me. I was too much of a cardio junkie in the past so I would never do that type of strength training. Plus that series sounded intense! You ladies all know you’re going to be buying #2. Ha ha.
Old 07-19-22, 03:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

UGH!! Just lost a Moby post that was catchup. Now I'm out of time to post!

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in