Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-22, 10:47 AM  
ChelePA

Hope everyone had a long weekend and enjoyed it. Peloton workouts included a 30 minute cycling class. 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes bodyweight strength. 20 minutes full body strength with heavy weights. My dumbbells are usually in the kilogram range. Ha ha.

Winston survived the weekend. Didn’t want to go outside to potty but no full anxiety attack this time. Now I’m waiting for a call back from the vet because he still is nonstop licking the one paw. They think it’s allergies but he’s had a shot, steroids, and antibiotics. We’ll see what she has to say.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 02:32 PM  
Mickey12

Hello all,

This morning I did another workout from Jessica Smith's new series. It was the 48 minute session from Total Body Strength Training. I liked it ok, but it wasn't a favorite. Jessica does a lot of compound movements and she tends to do them slowly. I prefer single joint movements with a decent pace so I can get through the reps quicker. I wanna do biceps, get done, do triceps, get done, etc. So even though I really like Jessica, this wasn't one I likely will do again. There is a 30 minute session on this DVD which I like more only because it's shorter.

Cataddict I did part of the step section from the Frannie Benedetto workout yesterday. Super fun!!! I only did part of it because I washed the deck earlier in the day and I was pretty tired but I really enjoyed it.

The mama deer and fawns were in the yard this morning, eating bird seed from under the feeders. They are so adorable but I wish mama deer wouldn't reach up and clean out the feeders. They came back this afternoon but didn't stay long. They're quickly getting big.

Hope you all have an enjoyable week.
Old 07-05-22, 06:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy is it Monday or Tuesday I'm all off and confused week, Watulans!!

Hope all of you in the US enjoyed the 4th (and Nathalie did too but for different reasons, hah!). We had a great show provided at all angles from many, many neighbors at a distance, and the smoke was fairly intense but I still enjoyed it. I'm continuing on my barre/metabolic/circuit journey. Sunday was Squeeze Stronger, and Monday I did Cathe's The Gauntlet to keep testing my new shoes which I've determined are excellent. Today was Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt. When I said before the Pure Barre Pure Results series was harder than Ballet Physique, I was wrong. WRONG. Or I'm just still sore from Squeeze.

Kim, sorry you were sick but glad you're on the mend. I bet your pies ROCK!! Sorry about the bird feeders but yay on the fawns!!

Bee, oh, no, I hope you stay free of illness. Sorry your plans got cancelled!

FN2, you make up whatever you want as long as it includes Chris Hemsworth or Bradley Cooper. Did ya get some new shoes??

ChelePA, that's hilarious about the cop. SO glad Winston did better!! Three of our kitties were under the bed the whole night, sigh.

I'm all discombobulated from having a holiday, go figger. Have a great night, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 09:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday, Watulans!

Yesterday was Fuel #26 Leg complexes or some kind of title similar to that (they are all running together! ) Like bee, I enjoy Caroline's Leg workouts, glutes meh. Today Fuel #27 Upper body shoulders, triceps and chest Tempo workout. I like her tempo workouts as a rule, and liked this one as well. No, she didn't do a lot (anything?) with back or biceps, but those muscle groups don't seem to be her focus. Three more Fuel workouts to go to finish the rotation!!! Today I followed the workout with yet another Chris Dorner workout. It was a "fast basic" step with a 138 bpm tempo. I definitely enjoyed it with less choreography since it was so fast paced. Shoutouts didn't annoy me as she mostly kept them to the beginning of the workout and I ffed through the video until she actually got in front of the step. I'm running out of shorter Chris step workouts that have other participants so I'm just winging it.

bee, sorry your plans for the 4th got scrapped and even more so hope noone in your family gets Covid from the exposure!

ChelePA, glad Winston weathered the fireworks okay. Funny about the cop setting off the illegal fireworks. They are illegal here too but we heard them every night from Friday through Monday, and they were pretty loud sometimes. Olly wasn't a fan so he disappeared until they stopped. Glad you got to enjoy some "away" time at your brother's place, but I'm with you---not looking at having more property to maintain and unless I win the lottery I'm not going to be paying someone else to do the maintenance.

Kim, DH is such a fan of the deer. He would figure out a way to make sure they were fed along with the birds. He did a crazy rig to stop the squirrels. Ok, I admit, I thought of the crazy idea and he put it into action. Maybe you need to plant a rhododendron and they will be so busy eating that they will ignore the feeder. Glad you enjoyed the part of the Franny workout that you did! Oh, and OOOOO strawberry pie.

FN1, I bought a pair of Saucony Ride 14. They had Cohesion 14 and that iteration didn't get as good a review. I'm always afraid they make changes in the shoe version and the "improved" version is anything but improved. That has happened to me before and UGH. Anyway they were having a great sale and I have another pair of Ride 14 and they are comfortable for my crazy feet. Oh, I'm going to have to think about my story. Bradley Cooper + pole dancing = ?????

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 11:22 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict and Kittybug...your posts about sneakers keeps reminding me that I really need to get a new pair since the accident. Now that I can drive again, I will probably stop at the local running store to have them look at my gait.

Cataddict...can't wait until the day I can do stepless step!!!

Kittybug...I was doing a light weights and arms class and thought of you when I dropped from 3 pound dumbbells to 2 pounds. My muscles were burning.

VVfer...taking a page out of your book and trying to walk at least 20-30 minutes in the morning if not doing a cycling class that day.

Bee...how are you feeling? Hoping the virus has stayed away from your house.

Kim...so glad you enjoyed that restaurant!!! Your dinner sounded yummy!

Today was an interesting upper body day. The new instructor taught it who only has one arm. He teaches adaptive classes but this was a regular strength class. He cues really well because he is aware that there may be visually impaired participants. Plus he doesn't have one arm to use when doing bilateral work so he describes in detail what he expects the class to be doing. He also gave some tips and tricks to intensify some basic moves. He has a great sense of humor about his missing limb. I wish I was that positive about my limitations. I love that Peloton has added him as an instructor- offering unique classes.

Remember I had my husband drive my daughter to a concert in Philly 2 weeks ago. Well she is going to another one today and driving her friends. So hard to let her be independent as she gets older. I wasn't completely in agreement but I don't think I ever will be since my accident. Feeling a little nervous about the whole situation. DH reviewed in detail directions, parking, etc. I am sure she will have a great time! Going to see 5 Seconds of Summer in an outdoor park concert venue.

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 07-06-22, 01:33 PM  
ChelePA

Anyone watching Wimbledon? We’ve been to the U.S. Open a few times. Really like Nadal! But today he was playing an American so I was conflicted on who I wanted to win. Epic match!
Old 07-06-22, 04:57 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Today I skipped the Caroline glute workout since I could not bear to do yet another hip thrust. Instead I did Cathe's Glute and Core workout using her Boss band/glute band. I really liked this one and it was a great alternative for me. I will go back to Caroline to finish up the rotation since there are only 2 workouts left. I followed it with another Chris Dorner "fast basic step" workout. This was a winner as well---minimal shoutouts once the workout began and time seemed to fly by!

Chele, that is an interesting perspective on the instructor with one arm. I guess each of us finds a way to adjust to what life brings us and good for the instructor for having such a positive outlook. Oh, I'm sure it's tough to let your daughter do "adult" things---like driving to Philly with her friends. It may never get easier.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 06:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!!

Ladies, I'm so freaking sore from barre I hurt to the touch. It hurts to sit. It hurts, hurts, hurts! I picked CL 007 Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing today because it was mostly punching but nope, she added in some other lower body stuff too, just enough to make me wince but it was good because it was a nice sweat fest. I enjoyed this more than Xtrain Hard Strikes (from what I remember, anyway). Oh, and Al was in it. I just adore him! He is so intense and works so hard but is fun at the same time. I truly hope he's in STS 2.

FN2
, that is ALWAYS the way with the shoes for me too!!!! I find something that works that I like, and the next 'iteration' screws something up and is worse. UG! That's why I got the older model Saucony...fear of a newer one!! Oh, and is it going to be Bradley on the pole? That'd be fun.

ChelePA, the one arm instructor sounds incredibly inspiring. That is so cool!!! Sending safe wishes for your daughter and that she has tons of fun (and anti-nerve wishes to mom too).

Waves to all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 12:15 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict I really like Cathe’s glutes and core workout too. I will be returning to the total body routine sometime this week. I really like the warm-up for that one.

Today was a Backstreet Boys music only cycling class. It was done a few years ago celebrating their 20th anniversary of the Millennium album. Lots of fun! Followed up with a 20 minute yoga flow focusing on floor poses.

All went well with the concert in Philadelphia

Happy Thursday!
Old 07-07-22, 02:01 PM  
manleym

Cataddict thanks for the CDorner recommendations. I have #216 scheduled for Monday after Caroline's LB. I think I'll try some of Chris's longer workouts that you've mentioned once I've finished Fuel. Might alternate them with barre. Kittybug (AKA - Smokin' Hot Walatun) has piqued my interest. And it will be a complete change from Caroline.
How can I tell if the workout was pre-recorded or not? I've looked at a couple, and can't seem to figure it out. Congrats on being finished with Fuel! That is quite an accomplishment and celebration!

ChelePA yay on your new car arriving early and your daughter's trip to Philadelphia going well! I know you were relieved when she got home. Glad you had a good time celebrating with family and friends. Your brother's place sounds wonderful! Agree about downsizing though. But it gives him something to do and keeps him busy. Love that the Peloton instructor considers the limitations of others and cues really well. I think that's great. My niece's husband was born missing the lower part of one of his legs and only has 3 toes on the full leg. He has a prosthetic and at one time was going to train for the Paralympics. That didn't last long though.

Bee glad the fawn was able to make it to the other side. That is so scary having animals jump out in front of your car. Glad everyone was safe. Hope everyone is still healthy at your house. Covid is making the rounds through our family and friends. Thankfully we're still healthy.

Kim fun seeing the deer, but too bad mama is eating from the bird feeder. Too bad there isn't a way you could protect the feeder. Sounds like Cataddict gave a good idea. Plant something they'll eat to distract them away from the feeder.

VVFer have the Orioles come back?

Kittybug long weekends throw me off too. Unless it's summer when most of the time I don't even know what day it is. HA! Glad you're liking your new sneaks! Hope they continue to feel good. You're inspiring me to try a barre rotation when I finish Fuel. Keep the reviews and recommendations coming! I've never done just barre for my strength so it would be interesting to see what, if any, results I get.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in