Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-21, 09:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I just landed at my desk after four days off and have to fly by. Yesterday I did not complete the flat project as hoped but it will be done soon. My head is busted from banging into the low eaves up there. Doh!

~ LWR 10 minute Cardio - Full Body Workout
~ GYM for 45 minutes weight machines, full body workout
~ 7,454 steps

I really liked the LWR - a good anytime routine, no dread. Time to start an LWR favorites playlist.

Cyana - thank you for the squirrel link, I will listen soon. She came to visit in my dreams as an angel squirrel. She was bigger, and had golden and orange fur. She let me scratch and pet her, and she telepathically told me she will be visiting. I must be the one who's "peanuts," LOL.

Be safe and happy today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 10:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics

Pam, it's hard to believe that June will be 8 already.

Beth, thank you for all the Hallmark movie recommendations!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 06:56 PM  
cyana

Quick fly by. Today will be a Holden live streaming class. I'm bummed, as I got an email yesterday (on short notice) that I thought was another "practice party" as they call it, for the people in the breathwork series. They take chunks of the previous workshop and play those back (letting us go through and practice the exercises) and then let the participants have a Zoom chat at the end. Since I was trying to get a few things done, I decided not to join. Apparently it was a live Q&A session with Lee, bummer. At least they sent over a recording today, so I'll listen to it later.

Margot - Turmeric soap would definitely be an adventure. Everyone you saw would dial 911, as they would fear you were in liver failure!!!

Paine - Remember the old Marvel and DC comic books when we were kids - they had all sorts of cheap tricks and such in the back? One I'll never forget was trick chewing gum - you offer a piece to someone and when they started chewing it their teeth turned black. I'm sure it was charcoal or something equally innocuous, but that sure scared the heck out of me, LOL!

Pam - Enjoy your guests and a very happy birthday to "our" June. Isn't she our first Barefoot Grandchild? She's growing up so fast!

Pat - I haven't done LWR in ages. I try to note which ones I really like, but she has so darned much on YT, it's sometimes difficult to find the old ones. You sound like me, if there's something to bang my head on, I'll surely find it.

Beth - I need to figure out when Science Friday comes on locally, as I love science. I miss "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me". We used to come home from the farmer's market, unload the stuff and then jump back in the car and head over to Whole Foods and that would be on our local NPR station. One of these days I need to start on the Mobility Challenge - I almost forgot!

Waves to ALL. Need to get ready for my qi gong class. DH purged his closet over the week-end, and I suspect some of his clothes that are awaiting a trip to Goodwill may be taking up part of my work-out space.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 08:19 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday -- no good reason!

Today's Workout: Core & Legs from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion.

Cyana: As Beth already reported, Classical Stretch Season 14 is titled "Posture Boost & Back Health." There are 18 episodes. Here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JY38LXG...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Beth: Interesting squat variation! I can't think of any video where I've seen that.

Yogapam: Happy Birthday to Little Junie!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 09:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I wasn't even really even planning to do the mobility challenge daily, it's just worked out that way. The instructor, Dan, is a bit dry for me at times, but the movements are good. I wish there was an easier way to flag my favorites; I miss having "notes" on my YouTube playlists!

Sandra, there are some different moves in this challenge; I've been finding I definitely like some days a lot more than others.

Paine, what are you favorite Hallmark Christmas movies? Maybe we should start a separate thread for that.

Pat, ouch on the head bumps! It's always hard to come back to work after time off.

(((HUGS))) to everyone for all the bumps of Monday (Moan-day) and the messiness of life.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 11:12 PM  
cyana

Great live class with Lee this evening. Lots of breath work and some nice twisty stuff - I feel delightfully wrung out and ready for bed.

Sandra - I'll have to try the two episodes from Season 14 that are already on ETV and report back as to whether they feel like they have a posture or back focus since we joke about how the titles of many of Miranda's practices don't appear to necessarily relate to what we're actually doing.

Beth
- I'll take dry over an over the top instructor any day. I've had many days over the years when I'd be tempted to hurl something at the TV because the instructor got on my last nerve.

I MUST head to bed. Can't believe it's this late and I'm still doing stuff around the house.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 09:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Aggravating day yesterday, the grocery store was a nightmare. And the prices! Whole Wallet at Stop & Shop, a total dump. Fortunately earlier in the day I managed:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ 7,951 steps

Pam, I missed June's birthday! Sorry to have missed your post. Eight years?! What a sweet little girl.

Cyana, I'm sorry you missed the Q&A session. The couple I attended before the live class were fun - seeing people from all over. I do agree about LWR - and so many of the videos have the same names! There are about forty 10 Minute Walk at Home workouts. I'm finding YWK does the same thing. It's hard to find a 10 minute morning yoga because she has about 35 of those, if not more.

Sandra I guess no good reason is a good reason to not workout, LOL.

Good morning Paine, Beth, and anyone else who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 10:08 AM  
Twigs

Good afternoon everyone!

Yesterday I did:
- HealthBarre Variety is the Spice
- Daily Somatics Routine - I stopped doing this daily and am noticing a bit of stiffening up in my left calf. I think it's also from breaking in new shoes as well. I hated letting go of my comfy shoes but they really had to go!

Today's workouts:
- Karin Daily Practice Advanced Toning & Hip Opening
- Body Groove DYHO #3 (20 mins)
- Daily Somatics 10min
- Neighbourhood walk

Pam - Happy 8th birthday to Miss June. Hope she has a great day

Beth - I wasn't that keen on P&P at school either. After the BBC did a series on it, which was hugely popular here, I read it again and enjoyed it more. I still think Persuasion is my favourite book of them all.

Cyana - It sounds as though you are having fun with Lee at the moment. I love twisty practices.

Pat - I love your dream angel squirrel story. In one of the programs I'm doing at the moment, I'm having to journal all my dreams. Looking them through, I'm starting to worry if there's a crazy person in there!

Sandra & Paine - Do you think you'll be buying CS Season 14? I'm still sitting on the fence right now.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 10:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I woke up at 3am and never got back to sleep so I couldn't make myself workout this morning.

Cyana, I'm glad you enjoyed Lee's live class last night!
Ewww, charcoal chewing gum would be a dirty rotten trick. I could never do that to anyone!

Beth, I haven't seen that many Hallmark Christmas movies so I don't have a favorite yet. I did see The Princess Switch and it was cute.

Pat, the prices have gone up in everything and I have a feeling it will continue.

Margot, I'm not sure if I'll buy CS Season 14 or not. I was going to wait and see what the reviews are about it but I might end up caving. Pam, have you done any of the episodes from Season 14? I'm not sure how many Season 14 episodes are available on ETV.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 07:46 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Mobility routine from Cathe's Perfect 30 Flow. I didn't remember the routine from when I last did it, so it was interesting to revisit. It did make sadly clear I am in the early stages of Stiff Old Lady Syndrome, though!

Re CS Season 14, I saw another Facebook ad that indicates it will be released in a couple of days. I'd definitely appreciate hearing from anyone who has sampled any of the episode! As our Cyana notes, the series titles don't always align to the episodes. However, I am going to wait until I receive an Amazon gift card from my Visa rewards points before I order (that way it is "free" LOL). That's a couple weeks out. I'm also keeping an eye out for the new Jessica Smith offerings. Jessica trumps CS!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote