Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-21, 07:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Fall 2021

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe Fall!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 06:50 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was the first day of classes. Things went well, but I was exhausted when I got home (I even fell asleep for about 1 1/2 hours after I got home ), so I wasn't planning to do a workout, but late last night I noticed that I had around 7,500 steps, which meant that I only needed to work out for around 25 mins to make it to 10,000 steps for the day. So I did CH: Cardio Round Up and made it to 10,000 steps before midnight.

SB - Thanks for getting us started on the new thread! Good job with the walk. I'm definitely taking some down time this week, as school starting means that the pace of life has picked up very quickly! Glad you enjoyed the cut and color.

Wave to all!
Old 09-02-21, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workout yesterday. It rained most of the day so I curled up with a good book.
Then all hell broke loose last night.
Torrential rains and flooding from Ida barreling through. What a mess!! Fortunately I only got a little water in the basement which I'll clean up in a bit.
But my backyard was like a lake and I lost some recycling bins in the flowing flood waters. So not bad overall.

CAMBET, good job getting to your step goal.
Hang in there as you adjust to your hectic schedule.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-03-21, 06:59 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't do a formal workout yesterday (I fell asleep before I could fit one in), but we had a couple of events on campus that caused me to have to walk around campus more than I usually do. I made it to over 12,500 steps for the day with no formal workout.

SB - Wow, Ida sounds just awful! I watched some of the footage from the flooding and damage yesterday in disbelief. I'm very glad to know that you were not very hard hit and that you are safe. Looks like it was quite a scary situation.

Waves to all!
Old 09-03-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

I'm planning another walk today. The weather is so cool and delightful it's hard to believe the storm was less than 48 hours ago. DS and I cleaned up the basement a bit too and I got rid of a bunch of stuff that needed to be decluttered long ago so that was one good thing from the storm.

CAMBET, great step count without even a formal workout. I used to get well over 20K steps a day when I worked in the restaurant. Yeah so many areas were devastated by the storm I feel very fortunate to get away relatively easy.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-04-21, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk today in this gorgeous early fall weather.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-05-21, 12:02 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday (Friday) after work I got together with two of the Italy crew to toast having made it through the first days of the semester. I fell asleep very soon after I got home, so no workout for me.

Today (Saturday) I spent a good bit of time continuing to organize things around the house (I'm still not done with that process) and cutting the grass in the front yard. I made it to over 10,000 steps way before midnight but I majorly overate today, so I decided to get in a workout also. I did CH Elite: Wild Horse and made it to over 13,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you've been able to get in some good walks, and I'm sure you're glad about the cooler weather. It's going to get cooler here over the next week too, so I'm hoping to get in a walk tomorrow, and maybe a few more days (if I can manage to stay awake after I get home from work ). Glad that you and DS were able to clean up the basement!

Waves to all!
Old 09-05-21, 07:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Hoping to keep my walking streak going today.

CAMBET, it's good you and your friends got to relax and enjoy making it through your first week of the semester. Good step count!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-06-21, 07:12 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a 62 min walk (3.65 miles) around my neighborhood. I was kind of in beast mode in that I did 16:50 minute miles, when usually they are in the 17-18 min range. I knew I was walking fast, but I was surprised to see that I managed to maintain that pace for 3 miles. I overate again yesterday (I had one of the Italy crew over for dinner and didn't make any effort to measure my food the way I usually do, or eat in moderation), so I might see if I can get in another walk today to counteract the bad eating. I decided that I was going to go rogue with my eating yesterday and today, since it's a holiday, and I'll get back on track tomorrow. Between my walk and running around the house trying to clean before my friend arrived, I made it to over 15,000 steps for the day!

SB - Great job with your walk and with keeping the walking streak going! I thought about you yesterday morning when I checked the temp before my walk and found that it was in the mid-60s. I really hadn't noticed that it had cooled down that much in the mornings. Walking in that temp felt great! (insert the thumbs up emoji )

Waves to All!
Old 09-06-21, 09:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

30 minute outdoor walk

It started raining during the walk so I cut it short. I may walk today but I had a horrible night's sleep so I'll see how I feel as the day goes on. The sump pump was making weird vibrating noises all night.
It's always something around here.

CAMBET, great walk and step count!!
That was a very nice pace to maintain for over 3 miles. I'm guessing I usually walk around a 16-17 minute pace unless I walk with DD. She keeps it at probably a 15 minute pace but her walks are shorter so it's doable. Ah mid-60s is lovely walking weather. You'll get back on track with the eating. It's good to let loose sometimes.
I know I've asked you this many times but which tracking device do you use? I'm thinking it's time to start counting steps/pace etc. I could probably get by with just an omron pedometer but I'd like to know what you use. TIA

Hope PENGUIN's doing well.

Have a wonderful day!

Tags
vera laro