Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-21, 02:28 AM  
Helen

Every Day in NOVEMBER - all welcome, always. :D

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU
(but don't kid yourself about it either)

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:
EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 08:06 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for starting us off once again! I hope your daughter's move went smoothly.

11/1 - 3.62 mile run, same state park trail, just a little farther this time.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 02:25 AM  
Helen

1st - nothing great start (eye roll)
2nd - 44min, Cathe - Shock Cardio Series - Step Moves, 8"
Still nicely doable - was really in the zone by the end, and blasting it!!
Did all the air, and could easily have gone on longer.

Bridget's move went very well. Bought a clothes hanging rack (cheap) and a new bed frame (not cheap), had Thai dinner with new housemates (3) & a couple of their extra friends. They all watched a horror film together (Bridget's favourite). That was her first night - THEM thinking of HER. Sweet!!

She was very disappointed NOT to have been able to go to Melbourne to visit with Cait, due to lockdowns at both ends, BUT Cait is currently on an army course in Sydney, and they gave her compassionate leave to visit with Bridget due to no contact for over 6 months, & she surprised Bridget by showing up the day after she moved in! It was wonderful - I'm welling up a bit.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 08:48 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow/Working my way backwards

I will do this post and then go back and check in for the last day in October. I need to catch up!

Helen: That's wonderful ~ how Cait got to surprise Bridget!!! Such wonderful memories. Sounds like all is going well.

Lili: Waves to you! I might not be ordering the KCMs. Only because I did one on 10/31 and I have decided (much like other instructors ! ) there's only so many moves they can do. I have enough old dvds that I truly do NOT need more. The thought of buyer's remorse is enough to stop me from purchasing. (For today - I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow or the next day or the day after that.) So, that's that. Do let me know what you think of them.

Waves to any who may be passing by. Please - feel free to hop in and share your workouts.

on to my favorite subject: Me, me and all me:

I have set up some goals for November and I determined to stick to them. I have wasted much of the last year not doing much of anything. Proving I can maintain, but that's about it. I am actively taking steps towards my goals. And this is all good things! So, I'm moving forward. Luckily for me? Exercise has NEVER been a problem. Some days I'm not as motivated as others. Or maybe low energy, but I still do it. I did not do well for October, but I will treat it as a learning experience and put it in the rearview. I can't change it! So why dwell on it??? All I can do is stay in the present, be vigilant and move forward. I HAVE GOT THIS .......

11/1/2021: Adrian's Tread Bootcamp (30 mins). I liked this one! I was short on time as I got dilly dallying with other things. It was enough though. My triceps are STILL sore 48 hours later! In a good way of course!

11/2/2021: 10 mins. 80s Row with Aquil (a breathe) ** and then 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Ben for the build your power zone program. (I had been putting this one off cuz it was over lactate threshold and well, HARD. But then I reminded myself: I can do hard things, so I did it!) Post ride stretch with Ben and my Grateful dead cool down with Denis. At least the hard PZ ride for the week is out of the way. YAY!!!

** This row cracked me up and I intend on doing it again. It was pyramid style. Perfect amount of time and the music was good. Rick Astley's song came on and I thought, "OH EM GEE ...... Rick ROLLED".... and Aquil went on to talk about it. I laughed and laughed and laughed (probably too much, too loud - especially since I had earphones on.) I don't know why Rick Rolling just makes me smile and laugh. Yep! I will be doing this again and again.

Yes! My sense of humor is that of a grade schooler and I don't care. I make no apologies for that.

I have been reading every morning and journaling. Life is good. Time change is this weekend, I was going into hibernation mode, but I am working on changing that. I can still hibernate, but better myself. I can be the Caterpillar that comes out as a beautiful butterfly come next spring. Yep. That's my story and I"m sticking to it.

Make it a great day. On through November we go!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 04:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I didn't go back and post my last workout in October, just moved right into November! It was a Power Zone ride w/ Christine and I can see why Cleda likes the PZ rides so much! Just keep pedaling, just keep pedaling.....

Helen - That is so sweet that Cait was able to surprise visit with Bridget! I don't have a sister, but I imagine the twin bond must be very strong.
Cleda - You are wise to have held back on the new KCM's. We all have way more than we use. I will let you know how I like them (says the person who hasn't even tried the new Cathe's yet)

11/2 - GHU's Barre Burn, I almost turned this off, but then I liked the rest.
Pahla B's Cardio Sculpt
11/3 - dog walk and lots of yard work, including some mowing.

Old 11-04-21, 04:37 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in

Lili: The power zone ride (at least the endurance rides) are what I love and you know that. They do have Power Zone and Power Zone Max which give rest intervals in zone 1. A bit harder. (Sometimes brutal!) But the majority of the program(s) are usually endurance. They believe we can get stronger without killing ourselves every day and I like that. I haven't opened the second Cathe new one either, so don't feel bad. The last KCM was one of her new ones that I got (last batch) and hadn't done yet. So yeah! I know at least for myself? I have way too many and don't need more. That's my story for (again!) today and I'm sticking to it. (obviously staying strong or at the bare minimum? Trying to stay strong. ... tee-hee)

Waves to Helen!
(and anyone else reading!!!)

Still didn't reach out to Bellicon. Must do that.

Me, me and all me:

11/3/2021: 20 mins. row with Nick & Laine. (It was ok. The scenery was beautiful but Laine did NOTHING BUT GIGGLE the entire time.Just annoyed the heck out of me.) Maybe it was my mood. Then 5 mins. Cool Down row. Played Pickleball for 1.5 hours. Did 30 mins. Ally Love's 5 year anniversary ride. 20 mins. Bradley Rose Ed Sheerhan low impact ride, CD stretch w/Bradley
  • Like Laine alone, Like Nick alone - did NOT like them together
  • Pickleball: I got to test out my new shoes (friend and I joke they look like boxes) Worked MUCh better
  • Ally's 5 year anniversary ride? Thought it would be fun, calm, nice, a story telling time (which it was - the 5 things she's learned at Peloton) but doggone it, she threw in a tabata section. WAS NOT READY FOR THAT
  • Bradley Rose's Ed Sheerhan's ride? What can I say? This man has stolen my heart. This ride is a keeper. Bradley is a keeper. It helps that I like Ed Sheerhan's music too. What a wonderful combination.

On Another side note, I read that Bradley Rose was in a Hallmark Movie (Christmas) which was on last night, so of course - I had to record it. It's probably a bit part, but that's ok! My fun for the weekend will be: "Find Bradley Rose in the Hallmark Movie" game.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-05-21, 08:09 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I will definitely be doing more PZ rides, especially those in the 2-3 range. I think I haven't used my bike enough because I never know what I'm going to get with the Peloton rides. Their descriptions aren't the best, but then they have so many that I don't blame them for leaving out details. I want to know in advance if I'm going to be killing myself!

11/4 - more mowing, empting heavy bags of leaves/grass
Leslie's Walk, Run, Lift 3 miles

Old 11-06-21, 09:44 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

A link for Power Zone Help

Lili: I may or may not have posted this link before, but you may find it useful. It can also be brought up on your phone while doing the workout (and that way you have a timer so you know how much time you have left in that interval/zone). Denis is notorious for getting side tracked and I like to know where I am and how much time I have left in say my 8 minute zone 3 interval!!!

https://app.homefitnessbuddy.com/peloton/powerzone/

Like I said - all the Power Zone ENDURANCE rides are strictly zones 2 & 3. There is (usually) no zone 1 recovery. you learn to recover in zone 2. Which does happen. You will fall into a groove. I can count on one hand the number of beginner endurance rides that DO give a break (one minute usually) in zone 1. Much like the FIRM tapes, I wonder if the workouts are effective and within about 10-12 minutes? I am dripping with sweat. So yes. They are effective, with minimal killer work to my body!!! They make me strong AND like you said - you know what you're getting into. It makes all my other rides pale in comparison since I don't have a destination. By the same token ??? It allows me to just do the other rides as "FUN" rides and doesn't matter where/what how I do them!!! That's my story and I'm sticking ot it.

If you search on your phone, you can filter, by type of ride, instructor, length of time, etc. It truly is a wonderful tool.

That said? I notice that the program I am using now is NOT available for classes on that site. So ... I guess they didn't break them down or couldn't/weren't allowed? Whatever!!! But the classes for the badge and the program: Build your power zones are NOT on there. So I'm back to the "old fashion way" of keeping track of the interval in my head watching the clock/timer. Which is always interesting! (NOT!)

Ok ... back to you regularly scheduled check in.
Cleda

PS ... for anyone who wants to research hydrow workouts - they are availab le on a separate tab. Handy little website. . .
Old 11-06-21, 09:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

On to my check in

Let's see ... where am I at???? Oh Good Golly Miss Molly! I have to go back and edit my last check in since I put 10/3 and not 11/3. I lost a month. Will do that after I post this!!!

11/4/2021: (got the right month this time!) 10 mins. row, 30 mins. Jess King Experience, 10 mins. Bradley Rose Elton John Cool Down ride 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch **

11/5/2021: 45 mins. Power Zone Ride
with Chrisitne (for Build Your Power Zones Program), 10 mins. Bradley Rose Cool down, 5 mins. Post ride stretch with Bradley

** I try to do the post ride stretch with whatever instructor I took for the main ride. Doesn't always happen, but I like them to get credit for the extra ride/stretch!

I met NanC on the bike for the Jess King Experience ride. She likes her and I like riding with NanC! so it was a win/win. I admit, Jess can be unique and I tend to just stare at her and her outfits, make up etc. AND this was done AFTER work (live ride 8 p.m.)

That's it. Clocks change tonight. So it will be getting dark earlier. . . . Here we go! going to try and beat hibernation mode.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 11-06-21, 10:05 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - thanks for the link! It looks familiar, so you may have posted it before, but at that time I didn't think PZ rides were for me. Of course, that was based on the fact that I don't get output numbers, so knowing what zone I'm in is more of a guessing game. They give suggestions, like you could do this all day for zone 2. Right now, I'm fine with that.

11/5 - dog walk
30 Min. Power Zone Endurance Pop Ride w/ Matt Wilpers
Classical Stretch S4:E10

My goal is to move into the 45 minute rides, getting the endurance in should help with the running. I am debating signing up for a New Years Day race that is very close to my house. It would definitely keep me motivated to continue running.

Waves to Helen!