Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-12, 05:42 PM  
ellenalesa

Core Fusion Body Sculpt for Arms for rehab

I messed up my shoulder several months ago and had lost some range of motion. I am still rehabbing them, but still need to work out.

I found Body Sculpt at the library. I did the arm section with 2 # weights and it was great: I felt like I exercised, but not "overdone". I could probably do it 2 x.

I also followed up with Leah's weighted section of Upper Body. I can't quite do ALL of the reps, but am able to follow along.

Any other recommendations for short workouts with light weights?

VERY happy to be able to do this work!

Can you do light weight workouts like this every day? I'm used to doing heavier weights and having to rest a day in between.
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 05:58 PM  
runnermom

Suzanne Bowen's 10 minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body has a great arm section with light weights.
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 06:53 PM  
Aunt Famous

The arms section from Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre.
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 07:37 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermom View Post
Suzanne Bowen's 10 minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body has a great arm section with light weights.
Ditto what runnermon said. This one is great as is the whole dvd.
Old 03-01-12, 11:53 PM  
edensmom

Ellen Barrett's Bikini Ready Fast is 30 minutes and uses light weights. Second Pilates Perfect Body, great all around and the 10 MS series is hit or miss for me. Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver is 30 minutes and uses very light weights and I believe the modifier may use no weights..? It is a bit shoulder intensive though but so are the arm segments of the Booty Barres IIRC (e.g. bicep curls done at shoulder height which I always feel in my shoulders much more than my biceps) so I'm not sure if that will be problematic for you....I may have more suggestions, will have to think on it!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 06:07 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa View Post
Can you do light weight workouts like this every day? I'm used to doing heavier weights and having to rest a day in between.
Barre instructors argue that you can but personally I would be careful. Upper body work in these workouts tends to be very shoulder-intensive. I developed a twingey shoulder after doing barre workouts almost exclusively over a long period of time.

I would recommend Classical Stretch / Essentrics as a rehab alternative. It worked wonders for me
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 06:44 AM  
Jewels5

I also recommend Core Fusion's Pure Arms and Abs. One segment uses light weights and the other uses the stretchy band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Barre instructors argue that you can but personally I would be careful. Upper body work in these workouts tends to be very shoulder-intensive. I developed a twingey shoulder after doing barre workouts almost exclusively over a long period of time.

I would recommend Classical Stretch / Essentrics as a rehab alternative. It worked wonders for me
I agree with this. I have an iffy shoulder and I can't do upper body work two days in a row.

fuzzie: Are you referring to Myranda's Essentrics or Sahra's? Thanks!
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 07:00 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
fuzzie: Are you referring to Myranda's Essentrics or Sahra's? Thanks!
I use Sahra's simply because I prefer her delivery on DVD but I feel that all CS and Essentrics workouts are beneficial for rehabilitation (not just in the shoulders), improve overall ROM and posture, etc. The emphasis on very large, fluid movements if the perfect counterpoint to the isometric focus in barre workouts.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 07:38 AM  
mandie123

I have a frozen shoulder results of rotator cuff surgery gone bad,and Classical Stretch has really helped me with gaining alot more mobility.Also do light weights almost daily and KB a couple of times a week.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 10:31 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, this is not really what you asked for, but when I hurt my shoulder and was easing back into things I used Jill Miller's Shoulder Shape Up and absolutely loved it.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote