Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-22, 08:54 PM  
ncl

Anyone know what is going on with Tracie Long?

Hey all. I have been working through my Tracie Long workouts one by one this year and really enjoying them (have done Signature Series, Reboots, Stronger Longer, Core Foundations, Grand Totals and my all time favorite, Staying Power. Anyone know what is going on with her? No posts on social media since 2020 (I know she doesn't keep up with doing that regularly, though). I would love to see some more workouts!!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 11:12 PM  
kat999

It seems like a lot of her social media has not been updated lately, like in almost a year. Kind of worrying.
Old 08-14-22, 07:17 AM  
fatkat555

I think she still has her studio in South Carolina and offers streaming instead of dvd workouts now as well as in-person training. I would guess (and it’s a guess) that her focus has shifted to the physical location and the work there.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 08:28 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I have kept up with her recently through email. We kind of developed an email friendship in the past few years. She’s had a lot of personal changes in the past few years but she is now doing really well. She still wants to do new streaming workouts eventually but she’s concentrating on her gym now. I told her that her fan base would still be there when she’s ready!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 10:28 AM  
kat999

Thanks for that update, Lori! I'm glad she's doing well.
Old 08-14-22, 01:32 PM  
ncl

Thanks for the update, Lori. Glad to hear she is doing well!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I have kept up with her recently through email. We kind of developed an email friendship in the past few years. She’s had a lot of personal changes in the past few years but she is now doing really well. She still wants to do new streaming workouts eventually but she’s concentrating on her gym now. I told her that her fan base would still be there when she’s ready!
Great update..Thank you!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-22, 11:38 AM  
Melissa C

That's wonderful to hear! Firm Volume 6 and Maximum Body Sculpting are still in my routine and she helped produce and design both those workouts (as well as being in them and leading MBS). I have always really liked her no-nonsense, let's get to it style when it comes to strength training.
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 03:15 PM  
TinaT

Reviving this thread because I almost posted the same question, but then decided to do a search first.

I had a crazy thought...I know so many folks are going toward streaming, but how wonderful would it be to have Tracie acquire the rights to here workouts by The Firm. I sooooo wish they were still offering all the titles in dvd format. The costs have gotten out of control if you find one you're looking for. And, it seems to be mostly Tracie's work that is in demand.

Tortoise
Hare
Tough Tape
SBHT
Ballroom Aerobics
Maximum Body Shaping/Sculpting

I hope she's doing well and is happy. I would love more workouts by her as others have mentioned. (Also, I see on her site that the copy right hasn't been updated since 2017).
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 04:01 PM  
Lori_Michigan

When I last emailed with her this past summer, it seemed like she really wasn't interested in doing any new workouts or streaming any time soon. She said she may consider it in the future (open to it) but she's just currently concentrating on her gym and enjoying some time for her personal life. I told her she'd have a lot of subscribers, but she just didn't seem interested right now.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long