Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-22, 11:25 AM  
Karla25

Looking for Short & Gentle Cardio

Recovering from a very nasty bout of covid & subsequent lung infection. Still dealing with shortness of breath and other issues. I want to do cardio but need short (5 to 20-minutes) and gentle cardio workouts. Any recommendations?
Old 08-09-22, 11:35 AM  
alisoncooks

I enjoy the seated cardio workouts from Metro Physical Therapy on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3pHd...DQljsy&index=2
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 11:48 AM  
psupam

Powerfit and Powerfit Harmony by Stephanie of the FIRM. Jessica Smith on you tube.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 12:20 PM  
katalina

FIRM Basics - 12 Minute Time Crunch Cardio - Four 12:30 - 15:30 minute segments
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 02:28 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Recovering from a very nasty bout of covid & subsequent lung infection. Still dealing with shortness of breath and other issues. I want to do cardio but need short (5 to 20-minutes) and gentle cardio workouts. Any recommendations?
Beginner chair cardio. Or one of her other easier low impact classes. Caroline Jordan. YouTube.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 02:56 PM  
bubbles76

Maybe Leslie Sansone Mix & Match Walk Blasters? These are ten minute walks. Not sure how gentle they are though. After Covid, I did some of Jenny Ford's Walk Across America. I couldn't walk very far, but did what I could. I experienced breathing problems after Covid as well. Took me months to get back to 90% of my cardio capacity.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 05:22 PM  
sbh

Karla, so sorry to hear you are not well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I have been using Senior Fitness w/Meredith quite a lot lately and really liking it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SeniorFitnessWithMeredith
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 05:43 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I enjoy the seated cardio workouts from Metro Physical Therapy on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3pHd...DQljsy&index=2
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupam View Post
Powerfit and Powerfit Harmony by Stephanie of the FIRM. Jessica Smith on you tube.
I found a couple of the Powerfit on YouTube. I might try them in a week or so when I feel a bit stronger. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
FIRM Basics - 12 Minute Time Crunch Cardio - Four 12:30 - 15:30 minute segments
I've wanted this one even before I got sick! Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Beginner chair cardio. Or one of her other easier low impact classes. Caroline Jordan. YouTube.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Maybe Leslie Sansone Mix & Match Walk Blasters? These are ten minute walks. Not sure how gentle they are though. After Covid, I did some of Jenny Ford's Walk Across America. I couldn't walk very far, but did what I could. I experienced breathing problems after Covid as well. Took me months to get back to 90% of my cardio capacity.
I have that DVD I forgot about it, and I used to do one or two walks to warm-up before doing yoga. I hope you get back to 100%! The first time I had covid I had very mild symptoms. This variant, which is supposed to be milder, was much more virulent. It was a living nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Karla, so sorry to hear you are not well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I have been using Senior Fitness w/Meredith quite a lot lately and really liking it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SeniorFitnessWithMeredith
Thank you! I appreciate your kind wishes This has been one of the worst experiences that I've lived through.
Old 08-09-22, 06:05 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry you've been so sick! I really like some of Improved Health's workouts on YouTube. Here are a few of my favorites that have great music. She has lots of others that would fit your criteria that I'm not familiar with.

10 Minute BEE GEES WORKOUT - This one is low intensity but fun!

Workout to the 50's & 60's - This one is under 20 minutes. This one is a bit more intense at times. She does a seated stretch the last four minutes.

I really like her ABBA Momma Mia workout, but it's 27 minutes long. May be something to work up to or just do part of it.

Best wishes on your continued recovery!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 07:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad and going through this! Healing wishes to you.

Many great suggestions here. I also recommend Jessica Smith's walking workouts (she has lots of shorter ones on YouTube) and maybe if you have any Ellen workouts, those would fit the bill. Also, I found Cathe's LITE Cardio Party (and it has many shorter premixes) perfect when recovering from illness and injury, if you have that one already. Sometimes just gently puttering around the house when you're in recovery mode is plenty of activity and movement too.

Feel better soon!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gentle workouts, restarting