Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-22, 01:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee, there are actually four Kelly Step Boxing workouts, at least I have four. The first two are before the "30 minutes to Fitness" era. The first one is from 2007 and is titled "Step Boxing." The second is from 2008 and is called "Cardio Kick Step-Boxing." The third (which might be the one you are thinking of?) is 30MTF Step Boxing (step, box and sculpt) and there is also a Step Boxing 2. The third is from 2011 and the fourth from 2018. Any preference as to which one(s) you want? I will say the early ones are a bit hard to follow, but since Cardio Kick Step-Boxing was the first Kelly I tried I wasn't used to her cuing or her accent.

Mickey12, haha I have one more KCM than you do! I don't have her "newest" ones though.

Any other takers? There are some good workouts and she does do a whole lot of premixes. I haven't really decided what to do with the rest, may try selling some on VF Roost but not sure it's worth the hassle. I'm pretty lazy.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 01:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, popping in here to say to the very generous FN2, I might be interested but there are soooooo many Kelly workouts and I have no clue where to begin. The ones I do have are (all 3MTF) CardioFit, Power Splits, Circuit Burn, Shape Up, Lean Body Circuits, and Cardio Pump. I know there were some older ones of hers on a wish list of mine, but for the life of me, I can't find that list now. ARG! I'll have to get back to you on that...busy week!

Waving to all Watulans!! Will check in later...or tomorrow...or the next day, hah!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 01:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So I was in "throwback" mode for the last few days.

I pulled out Cathe's Hardcore Extreme and did the Interval premix that had segments from Imax 3 and High Step Training. It was a goody even with my modifications. Yesterday was Circuit Max, also good! These bring back memories, as of course Cathe was much younger and looked **different** but so did I! I will probably do Cardio Kicks at some point this week. No add ons to either of these workouts since they are long!

Chele, interesting about the Cathe v Caroline discussion. I did notice that my lower body got bigger with Caroline based on the fit of my shorts and I wasn't really looking for that since I have very muscular legs. Personally I think "mixing it up" is the best way to go with exercise. Each instructor seems to have preferred moves and there are pluses and minuses, at least IMHO. It's all about how one's body responds. I know I will circle back to Caroline after I've revisited Cathe for awhile. I always seem to use Cathe as my "home base" probably since there are so.many.options after her more than 30 years of workouts! I'm not sure that a comparison between Cathe Live and Caroline is really apples to apples anyway---the Lives are more intermediate than Caroline, IMHO, and are more endurance focused? Maybe a comparison between STS and one of Caroline's series (Iron?) would make more sense? Haha I'm rambling!

Chele, is the mirror in the Peleton workouts behind the instructor? I think I would be fixated on looking at myself!

Mickey12, yes, we need a Louis story---what made him BOLD???? My favorite Christi's are the ones on the Fantastic Four DVD--the "still" and "heaven" workouts.

Well, now I have a cat (Olly) on my lap who is fixing to jump on the computer, so before he steps on a key and this post is lost, waving goodbye for now!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 01:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2, we were workout twins yesterday...I did Circuit Max too!! Was in the mood for 'older' Cathe.

Old 08-02-22, 02:02 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… The New York City studio has the mirrors in the background and the participants can see themselves. Some instructors actually joke and say I see you’re looking at yourself and not me. Ha ha. The London studio does not have the same feature and I like it so much better.

Went to the local running store to get fitted for a new pair of sneakers. My gait hasn’t changed that much since the accident. I’m still a neutral fit. So trying the Saucony Freedom 5 series for the first time. I have Asics and 360s. I did try on a more cushioned and stiffer sneaker but just not my style. I actually like the lower profile with more mobility especially since I’m trying to improve ankle range of motion these days Plus it’s good as a crossover shoe for weightlifting. They just felt so comfortable immediately. He told me after I use them for some longer walks if I have any issues to return them and we can try something else. Love that! Fingers crossed I chose the right style.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 03:59 PM  
Mickey12

So I have to remember back about 30 years ago when I had my sweet Louis, but I remember once I was holding him and eating a donut. He wanted it and pulled the donut right out of my mouth while I was taking a bite. I never had a cat do that before. He used to like to get into the cupboard at night too. We would wake up in the morning and the garbage would be tipped over and everything strewn over the kitchen floor. We had to put baby safety latches on the doors where the trash was to keep him out. We used to hear him pulling at the doors sometimes trying to get in. I’m not a very gifted storyteller, but those are the things I remember about Louis.
Old 08-02-22, 05:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cataddict, it's the newest one, from 2018, that I saw that looked intriguing. I would have thought I'd purchased it, but I guess by then I had slowed my KCM buying. That would be great -- thanks!

chele, I completely forgot to comment on the Caroline/Cathe conversation -- very interesting that you came across that -- I may look for it. I agree with cataddict that comparing STS to Caroline would be a truer comparison. And given that, I do wonder what will happen if I stick with Caroline much longer, since I did get fairly big in a way I wasn't fond of with STS. Maybe I should get back to Cathe after this week. High Step Training would be fun -- and Circuit Max! I'm not sure why I enjoy Caroline's workouts so much -- I don't think it's the lack of talking, but.... maybe?

Kim, maybe Louis was part raccoon? The donut part is very funny -- I wouldn't have thought a cat would be drawn to sweets.
Old 08-02-22, 05:48 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
So I have to remember back about 30 years ago when I had my sweet Louis, but I remember once I was holding him and eating a donut. He wanted it and pulled the donut right out of my mouth while I was taking a bite. I never had a cat do that before. He used to like to get into the cupboard at night too. We would wake up in the morning and the garbage would be tipped over and everything strewn over the kitchen floor. We had to put baby safety latches on the doors where the trash was to keep him out. We used to hear him pulling at the doors sometimes trying to get in. I’m not a very gifted storyteller, but those are the things I remember about Louis.
I LOVE this (but I'm sure you didn't)!!! Did you say Louis was an orange and white cat (like Cheeto)? Because maybe it's an orange cat thing. Cheeto LOVES peanut butter and tortilla chips. We cannot leave either one unattended or he will have his head in the bag/jar or take it right out of your hands!

But of course, his sister Charli has also been known to steal ham right off the sandwich my husband was trying to make when he turned his back for one second to get something from the refrigerator.

I think all cats lose their 'cat card' if they don't have some sort of antic that drives their hoomans nuts. I want more Louis stories!

Old 08-02-22, 06:17 PM  
horusosiris

Cataddict - that was a generous offer. I think I have al of KCM's DVDs.

To me, Caroline and Cathe are very similar in style and substance. I believe that you could or would get similar results using their workouts.

Chel- good luck with your new sneakers!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 07:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Trying to catch up, Watulans!

Workouts: Sunday was Tracey Mallet's Booty Barre Plus Arms and Abs, another long one at 80 minutes and it too induced a nap after, sheesh! Monday was Circuit Max (like FN2), and today was Tracey Mallet's Booty Barre Total New Body.

All of these were a sweat fest with how hot we've been. We're finally getting some cooler weather (well, upper 90's is better than 107). Five was lounging on our patio last night, enjoying the wind, totally splayed out on one of our chairs, belly up, legs flopped out, just sacked out. I got a picture of it but through the back window so it's not super clear. She's so funny!! I'm sure she'll be happier about cooler weather.

FN2, when do we get new Olly pics??

Kim, how long will you be on vacay this time?

ChelePA, I so hope those shoes work out for you. That's great you can bring them back if not! I'm so glad you got fitted.

Bee, glad your get-away was wonderful! You sound so busy but happy!

I'm also curious about the Caroline discussions. Can anyone post a link? But I guess I wouldn't be able to see them if I'm not on social media, would I?

Stay fierce, all! Waves to everyone...

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in