Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-22, 12:56 PM  
ChelePA

Kate… I love stretchy yoga. It’s actually my preference. Feel so good afterwards.

Manleym… how can summer be over for you already? Time flies! Those students are lucky to have you for another year.

Kittybug… definitely lifts heavier in Perfect Pump. Even before my accident, I was nowhere near their weights. My heaviest dumbbell is 25 pounds. But it was the first time I’ve been able to lift heavier than 12 pounds since starting strength workouts again. And I would never get any sleep if I had pets in the bed. When we moved into our new house, I made sure we got a king size bed. I like to spread out.

Today I did live cycling- 80s theme music. The class was so pumped up since the instructor was the original, first hired by the company, and this was her first live class since Covid. Followed with Cathe’s Perfect Flow Mobility workout. Not sure if you remember when I first started this and I told you I could only maybe get through 40% of the poses with modifications. I’m happy to say I’m able to do most of the moves now but still have some decreased range of motion compared to in the past.

I finally had a chance to meet baby Reina. Unfortunately not too many cuddles because she is quite jaundice so they have her under the lights. Hoping the labs improve within the next 24 hours.

Happy Wednesday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 05:51 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Today was CL 088, Athletic Training, which is a LOT like the DVD, and it had Intensity series music so I kept feeling the urge to break out into Imax 2 choreography. I could have sworn I did another one recently that was also similar to Athletic Training but called something different. I'll have to look back through my notes.

ChelePA, hope to see some adorable baby cuddling pics soon!

Stay fierce all! We're fiercely hot. UG.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 09:44 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All,

Today was another pack and clean max day in NY. Still no workouts but zi want to try to get one in tomorrow. I feels so good to get rid of "stuff." I am determined not to accumulate anything again. I can not see myself becoming a complete minimalist but I want to approach it at much as possible in most areas of my life. Wish me luck.

Chel- All of my children had jaundice so I know how the family feels. Great job with Perfect Pump!

Kitty- so many of the moves used in Athletic Training are repeated in other Cathe DVDs and Cathe Lives that it can seem like you are doing the same workout.

Have a wonderful day today!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 12:27 PM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… I am definitely a minimalist. And my husband is not. Now that I’m up and moving again plus driving, I see some fall cleaning in my future. Ha ha. Did you watch the subway series? I can’t believe my Yankees didn’t win one game. My husband is a Mets fan so he was quite happy.

A little update on Reina. Not sure if I told you all that she was tongue-tied. Had a procedure this morning to correct that. Her jaundice has improved in the last 24 hours. We are hoping she will be discharged tomorrow. Unfortunately on top of all this my brother has full-blown Covid. Quite sick with flu symptoms and he was at the hospital for three days straight and of course not wearing a mask in the room. UGH! Just hoping mom, dad and baby do not get it. I was never there at the same time as him and I was double masked at all times. They all thought I was crazy when I asked if they wanted visitors as well as should we be wearing our N95 masks. It’s so hard to live life as usual these days without worrying what is the best thing to do. I did tell my brother to call his doctor and he was put on medication immediately. So hopefully symptoms won’t be as bad and he’ll recover quickly. Now I’m hoping my mom doesn’t come down with any symptoms. She spent time with him as well as at the hospital without a mask.

This morning I did a 30 minute walk only. I think I slept on my shoulder the wrong way because it is quite painful with decreased range of motion. Advil seems to be helping some. I may try an upper body stretch or yoga later to see if that helps.

My daughter is returning this evening from a three day stay at the beach with her friends. Can’t wait to hear about all the fun!
Old 07-28-22, 01:01 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I was laughing out loud at your description of sweet Cheeto sleeping with you. Before I was married I had my four cats sleep with me. Most nights it was just one or two, but when it was really cold I sometimes had all four with me in a twin bed. My husband wasn't really a fan of cats so when we got married, he said no cats in the bedroom and it's been that way ever since.

ADDED: Kittybug I forgot to answer your question on whether Christi Taylor does workouts anymore. To my knowledge, she does not. The last one I know of was Pure Spice, Cinnamon. She was going to do a whole series of different spices but she only made one. She also had an instructor teaching business quite a long time ago. My guess why she stopped making workouts is because people stopped making creative choreography workouts. Everything went to kickboxing or drills. She had much, much more to offer than just that.

Manley, so you start back to teaching school in early August? I didn't realize some areas went back that early.

Chele you're making such excellent progress!!! We're all so proud of you!

Yesterday I did Christi Taylor's Step Heaven. I am a broken record when describing Christi's workouts, but they are just so much fun!!! This one is 90 minutes long so I didn't do the last section which is step with weight intervals mixed in.

This morning I did Group RX Sport 6. This one was new to me. All the Sport workouts are similar to each other though - they alternate weight tracks and cardio tracks, some ab tracks, etc. I find them really hard so I have to modify but I still like them.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Mickey12; 07-29-22 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to answer Kittybug's question
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 03:00 PM  
ChelePA

I again liked the clip of Cathe live from today. Can’t wait to hear the reviews!
Old 07-29-22, 08:24 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe’s Perfect Flow Yoga. Forgot how much I really like this one for flexibility. I was finally able to do the routine without any modifications. It will be a nice one to add as I continue to work on my range of motion. I know yoga fans probably don’t love this one, but for me it’s perfect (like the name) and more my style. Also did a live Peloton pop music cycling class.

Baby is making great progress and hopefully will be coming home today.
Old 07-29-22, 12:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Workouts: CL #328 Upper Body Shred, #349 Total Body Sizzle, and Franny Benedetto Cardio Parties Hi/Lo. Cathe introduced her mom in #349. I knew that she was "in" this workout but somehow I expected her mom to be a participant. Anyway she isn't, and I can't say that I blame her as everyone would be staring at her. These are good workouts, but I really can't say I've done any "bad" Lives. Now the Franny workout, wow, so fun! I hadn't done it in ages and I did have to modify the impact (not that it was very high impact) but funny how I remembered so many of the steps!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1/SHW, funny description of Cheeto! I can picture that big ol' Maine Coon stretched out!

Mickey12 and FN1/SHW, Christi Taylor is in her mid sixties, so she may have decided to retire from presenting. She was doing something with health/nutrition IIRC, plus at some point got divorced and remarried so there are some possible personal challenges. I'm just speculating---don't have a pipeline to Christi! I laughed at your comment about the cats not being in bed. DH understood from jump that the cats rule the roost. He also liked cats and was so worried about whether my cats would like him or not!

manleym, YAY on completing Fuel! It was a good series & I'm glad I did it (well, most of it---subbed for a couple of the glutes/posterior chain workouts). Wow on returning to work! It seems so soon but I realize different areas start school in August and that doesn't include all the preparation involved. Hope you have a great school year!!

ChelePA, so impressed with your progress and being able to do Cathe's Perfect Pump with increased weights! YAY to you!!!

horusosiris, I strive to be a minimalist, but I also want to make sure that the "stuff" I'm getting rid of us is used properly. Do you have any recommendations as to how to best declutter?

bee, not sure what time you are getting back, but I hope you had a great "vacation"!

Waves to all and Happy Friday!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:24 PM  
ChelePA

I would also love to know where you send your stuff when you declutter. It’s just easy for me to drop off at the Goodwill because it’s so close by. The Salvation Army is a longer drive so I basically choose the path of least resistance. Lots of people don’t like the Goodwill because I think they charge more than Salvation Army but I honestly don’t know the difference.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in