Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-22, 05:47 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
You ladies all know you’re going to be buying #2. Ha ha.
This made me laugh so hard!!! And it's so true, we all know it!

Sorry FN2/Moby that you lost your post! The forum has been not loading for me on and off the last few days, grrrrr.

Today was Ballet Physique Amped Up and ouch, now I'm a grouch (just kidding) but ouch!! I'm considering signing up for their streaming for a short amount of time but scared I'd like it so much I wouldn't want to stop. Hmmm....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 11:01 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… really sounds like your new routine is making you stronger and stronger. Excellent!

Since it’s Cathe’s birthday today I decided to do Rev’d Up Rumble warm-up followed by 20 minutes upper body and 10 minutes of core. Hoping to do a mobility or yoga flow workout later in the day.

Stay Cool!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 12:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh.... it's Cathe's birthday?! Wish I'd thought of doing one of hers!

Yes, I laughed out loud at the STS buying comment, too.

I did the second Tempo workout today: Brutal Legs. Somewhat brutal, but not too bad.
Old 07-20-22, 01:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

How old is Cathe now?

Yesterday, I did her old Pyramid: Upper Body workout. It's a favorite!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 01:38 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
How old is Cathe now?

Yesterday, I did her old Pyramid: Upper Body workout. It's a favorite!
I think she’s 58.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 02:07 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

Which brings me to Kate.... the problem with my biceps getting bigger is.... something about them, when they get bigger, they seem to actually lose definition somehow. I wore a tank top all day yesterday, and I realized that all that shoulder work with less bicep work that Caroline does is really helping the definition in my arms. So I'm with you in that I want my biceps noticed, but I think I've finally figured out (sort of) how to make that happen. Must be nice to have a new porch! And great that it didn't go over the estimate! Do you have to wait for the right kind of weather to stain it?
Bee I'm at the point in my life that I just want to be strong, strong, strong. If I have definition, great! If not, oh well. My goal is to stay strong.
Porch is painted, even two coats. Only restrictions were no painting in direct sunlight and above 50 degrees. The temp was no problem, it's hot as heck here. I painted in the mornings and it was great.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 02:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well Happy Birthday Cathe! Maybe tomorrow's Live will be a birthday workout? If she can keep up then I can keep up!!

I changed my mind on my rotation....again. SO enjoying Cathe Live that I went back to that this week.

Monday was #402 Cardio Box Arms Abs. Hey not bad!! Good boxing, good mixed impact cardio. Not really any "arms" except for all the punching drills.
Since it was a bit shorter I added on Group Rx Axis #8 which is all bodyweight cardio and core moves. At 30 min it was a perfect add one. I bought some Group Rx DVDs a long while back and this is one.

Nothing yesterday. Hubby had an early morning dental appointment at the local VA so off we went to that. I drove because his knee is still wonky and he wasn't sure if he'd be sedated or anything.

Today I did Live 403 Total Body Compound Core. This was better than I expected. I'm not real keen on compound moves but I chose my weights wisely and kept good form. Pretty metabolic with cardio and weights. I was breathing hard!

Waves to all. Next project is to get shingles put on the garage roof. We're going to use the same handyman who did the porch. He does great work and is a great deal cheaper than others in my area.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 03:08 PM  
manleym

ChelePA, funny that your hubby and daughter thought it was archaic for someone to still be making dvds! I know not as many people make them, but to me there still "in style." HA!

Nathalie, glad to hear you haven't experienced any side effects from the booster.

Kittybug, UGH on the coffee spill! That's just demoralizing! Love that you fired your hubby from coffee making duty. What a mess!

Kittybug and Cataddict, I'm going to have to look through your posts again to see which CL's ya'll have done recently. I'm finishing Fuel this week so I'll be looking for different workouts next week. Thinking of starting a 6 week barre rotation soon. Might just copy Kittybug's. HA!

Cataddict, last time I attempted in In the Ring, it didn't last long. All I saw were spins! Yikes! So I haven't learned or given it a fair chance. That's most of my Amy Bento Ross dvds. She can be hard to learn (for me) but I know if and when I do, her workouts will be fun.

KateTT congrats on getting the porch finished! One more thing to check off the list!

It's hotter than blue blazes here. I think we set a record of 109 yesterday. 9:30 at night has been 100 degrees. Lots of fires too since we haven't gotten any rain since June 3. But have to say, I'll take the heat over the cold any day!!

STS - have it and have never done it. Of course I found it at HPB for a decent price, otherwise I wouldn't have it. Seems like alot of equipment, IIRC. Maybe I'll be more inclined to try some of them since I've made it through Caroline. I just assumed they were all just.hard...but of course, there's always that FOMO looming overhead. I would like STS 2 to use minimal equipment, 30ish minutes...kinda like Caroline's format.

Happy Bday to Cathe! Wonder what she'll do tomorrow (if anything) to celebrate.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 03:11 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Tuesday: Fuel Series 30 Min Tempo - Shoulders, Chest & Triceps Workout Day 27 + 10 Min Maker Workout Intense Full Body With Dumbbells + Michelle Briehler 10 Min Toned Arms Workout With Weights No Repeat (great add-on; really like Michelle) + Cathe HSC Core/Abs + Stretch

Today: Fuel Series 30 Min Posterior Chain Clusters Workout Day 28 (GREAT! Variety of moves; metabolic; uses band) + Evolution 20 Phase 1 Agility (takes awhile to build, lots of demo, but finished combo good; HR up; sweaty; decent music) + KV Pure & Simple Stretch 10 min Standing
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 05:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, yes, Happy Birthday to Cathe!!!

KateTT, you and I were workout twins today! I did CL 403 as well (Total Body Compound Core) and yes, it's breathy and I definitely felt the core aspect! I just wanted it to be longer because it flew by and suddenly it was over and I was wanting more! I hope some of these interesting moves appear in STS 2, because you know, like ChelePA said, I'll end up buying it.

Manleym, I hate those wicked hot days. We used to have 120+ days in the desert which is just inhumane! YES, join me in the barre fun!!

Over and out, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in