Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-31-22, 08:49 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… that really upsets me when Dr. say it’s all in your mind. of course I’m also going crazy that they say they don’t know if the burning sensation will ever go away. Healing could take one to two years. It’s such a broad range. But I guess they’re giving me as much honesty as possible.

Horusosiris… So sorry you’re having the ups and downs of healing. I really hope at your next appointment they can give you some answers too.

Bee… I’m actually surprised at how much I like Peloton. Some of the strength instructors would probably drive you ladies nuts. Lots of chitchat etc. And some are no nonsense. You definitely can find what you like with the variety.

Peloton workouts included 15 minutes Pilates. 10 minutes beginner yoga focusing on tree pose. Really like this one because I am working on my balance slowly but surely. 20 minutes treadmill walking. Then 10 minutes of foam rolling. I decided to add on different chapters from yesterday of Cathe’s Rockout Knockout. I did the kickboxing with gloves but of course I wasn’t wearing any. Ha ha. Used the trampoline again with modifications. Then I decided to try the drills section. In the past, I have always skipped it. They were a good add-on but I think they worked me more mentally than physically. I really had to think about the combos.

It’s supposed to be 60s here today. Kim hopefully you can get out and walk before the rain comes in. Happy Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-22, 01:50 PM  
manleym

Kim I think that KV stretch and Ballet Bodysculpt (thanks to VVFer)are my favorite KV workouts. I love the scenery, music is good, Karen seems more relaxed in these. I love both workouts!

ChelePA so glad your mom was surprised by her bday party and that you all had a good time. Word on the street is that Caroline will be posting workouts in April, but I don't know for sure. I'm not on FB or Instagram, so I don't get her updates other than what she posts on YT. I can't wait to see what her next series is! And YAY for being able to get through Rockout Knockout with mods! That's fantastic!!

VVFer glad the MeetUp group was fun! I would be lost without a bathroom. That is ALWAYS the first thing I think about and find. I drink alot of water so I'm constantly on the go. GREAT NEWS there is no fracture! Aging is not for the faint of heart. It is durn painful and hard. Glad your aches and pains aren't anything serious. Bothersome and irritating and frustrating - YES!!! For ALL of you dealing with it!

KateTT your baby will ALWAYS need you! I love that he is wanting you to help him organize. My hubby is not neat or organized, but I am, so we can drive each other nuts. I like putting stuff away and in it's place. He does not. But the upside is that he has never, ever, ever said a word about the house being messy. It usually isn't because there's only 2 of us and I'm neat, but if I have stuff laying around for weeks on end, he doesn't say a word. Hope ya'll have fun organizing together.

Kittybug I don't have Michelle's Peak 10 System but have most of her other Peak workouts. I wonder if there's a calendar online? I can't imagine doing 8 weeks of only Peak workouts either. I have to be geared up and feeling great for those workouts. Hope you got some needed pampering and rest today. Sometimes you just need that.

Horusosiris we had a big temp drop too, after the storms moved through. And the wind!! Good grief!! Just that time of year. Hoping things warm up this weekend. BTW, I've acquired pretty much all of Mark Lauren's workouts, so looking forward to exploring them soon. Sorry your hand healing is stalling. So frustrating. 2 steps forward, 10 steps back. Ugh.

Bee sounds like you had a fun, unexpected afternoon. I can't even remember the last movie was saw in the theater. Probably Downton Abbey. Which someone mentioned another DA movie coming out soon? Anyone know? Fun seeing the Rabbit tea shop. Bet you giggled when you saw it.

Cataddict any news from your Dr? Please update us when you're able. Hope relief is on the way. Constant pain is so hard to deal with. Sometimes unbearable. Big hugs to you!!

Ok, March Madness fans, what are your predictions? I'm going with Duke vs Kansas.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-22, 01:55 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Monday: Essentrics Strength & Stretch in Motion Workout 2: Full Body (really liked! did it twice to learn and be able to open up more the 2nd time) + KCM Power Splits both workouts (no premix just have to do both B2B; REALLY LIKED; flew; 20 min weights + 10 min BW after both workouts; good music; like better than RAW FL)

Tuesday: KV Ballet Bodysculpt (LOVED!) + Christi Taylor Sold Gold Cardio (who doesn't love some Chrisit?!?) + KV Pure & Simple Stretch Standing Stretch

Wednesday: 30 Min Yoga For Sore Legs Leg Day Stretch with Charlie Follows (felt REALLY good) + Weider X Factor ST week 2 (these are great for Wednesdays since I don't have much time between work and Bible study)

Thursday: David Procyshyn Hatha Yoga Sciatica Relief (felt GREAT! Nice, slow, really opens LB) + CL #389 Kick, Jump And Jab (can't wait to do it!)
Old 03-31-22, 07:33 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I also heard there is another Downton Abby movie coming out, but I don't know when either. I am looking forward to it. Oh, and I'm glad you are enjoying the Karen Voight stretch workouts. I really love the scenery too.

I'm glad you got the Mark Lauren DVDs you were hunting for. I saw that Mary had some used ones so I got Bodyweight Training and EFX. I did one of the workouts on the Bodyweight Training DVD and it was good. Most of the exercises were accessible, but he had one of two that I was not able to do.

Chele I was going to go out for a walk at lunch today but when I got downstairs to leave the office building, it had already started raining. I guess I should have looked out the window before I went down.

We almost went to the movies tonight because our power was out when we got home work. We really need to get a generator and keep saying we will, but all these years later we still don't have one. Anyway, just about the time we were getting ready to go out to the movie (because what can you do in the dark with no electricity?) the power was restored.

Tonight I did another old VHS recently sent to me by a generous VFer. It was CIA 2104, Gay Gasper, The Greatest Step Workout. OMG, was this fun!!! The music was so great - the old stuff that they just can't play anymore, the pace was perfect, not too frantic. The step moves were a little repetitive at the beginning, but the workout turned into such a great one! I didn't do the strength section at the end but I will save it for another day. Two thumbs up for this one!!

Hope all my Watulan friends have a great night!
Old 04-01-22, 05:54 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

ChelePA so glad your mom was surprised by her bday party and that you all had a good time. Word on the street is that Caroline will be posting workouts in April, but I don't know for sure. I'm not on FB or Instagram, so I don't get her updates other than what she posts on YT. I can't wait to see what her next series is! And YAY for being able to get through Rockout Knockout with mods! That's fantastic!!
I just saw on Facebook that Caroline posted a picture and April 4th ! I guess we'll know more on Monday!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 09:10 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes core. 20 minutes legs and glutes. Thank goodness the music was good in this one because we were doing squats for like 15 minutes straight with 30 second calf raises in between. You know how much I like repetition. Ha ha. Finished with a 30 minute cycling class and then 10 minutes focus flow yoga: floor poses only. I love Peloton‘s focus classes because they are basically a nice extended
Old 04-01-22, 09:33 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… I am hoping for Duke and Villanova. Have to cheer for my Pennsylvania team. However I agree that Kansas has the better chance of winning especially since one of Nova’s s players is injured.

Can’t wait to watch the girls tonight!
Old 04-01-22, 12:28 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I just saw on Facebook that Caroline posted a picture and April 4th ! I guess we'll know more on Monday!
SQUEAL!!!! Thanks Nathalie! Can't wait to see what the new workouts will be like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley I also heard there is another Downton Abby movie coming out, but I don't know when either. I am looking forward to it.
Keep us posted if you hear when it's coming out. LOVE that series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym… I am hoping for Duke and Villanova. Have to cheer for my Pennsylvania team. However I agree that Kansas has the better chance of winning especially since one of Nova’s s players is injured.
Agree. My heart wants Duke/Villanova but my head says Duke/Kansas.
Old 04-01-22, 02:44 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
[B]Keep us posted if you hear when it's coming out. LOVE that series!
SOON!

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...equel-details/
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:10 PM  
ChelePA

Just realized it’s been a month today since I used my cane and shower bench. I know you ladies understand how much that means to me. Continuing to make progress New month. New goals.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in