Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-15, 06:59 AM  
daisyduke

Which workout I do doesn't seem to matter...

I switch up my workouts after a few weeks. It doesn't matter what I seem to do my body still looks pretty similar. Heavy weights did make me a bit bigger but other than that it doesn't seem to matter if I do yoga and walk, firms, insanity, p90x, tracy anderson... I always look very similar.

My diet always remains the same. . I follow ww. I guess this is why? I refuse to eat egg whites and chicken for every meal.

is it similar for you?

Thanks in advance for chiming in.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 07:30 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Yes! You're not alone! I posted on another thread that my body basically looks the same no matter what workout I do. I quit working out for months last fall and was amazed at how little my body changed aesthetically. I lost more than one size, too. (I'm a muscular endo.) If I switch things up, I might notice some change, but it's probably not noticeable to anyone else.

For me, exercise is mostly about health, not results. If I want results, I have to focus on food intake because my results are related to lowering body fat.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 07:31 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I'm the same way. I did Firm AWT for years, then tried some heavier weight training ( Cathe, CLX). That was a short phase. Then back to the Firm, and workouts like Slim Series, Jari Love, etc. thrown in. In the past 2 years or so I have been doing barre work. I love barre3, P57, Ellen, Core Fusion, Suzanne Bowen. Still doing my Firms as well. I have also added in yoga once or twice a week. I have always done cardio on a regular basis. After all these years my physique has not changed much at all. I don't know the definition for my body type, I am pear shaped, and I don't put on muscle easily. One thing I have been able to do is maintain my weight within 1 to 2lbs for years now. I am 51.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 07:32 AM  
Demeris

Do you mean that you can't see muscle development in your limbs or torso?

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly, when you write that you 'look the same.' Are you trying to lift up your rear or whittle your waist? Or is it a more muscled look that you're going for?
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 07:40 AM  
imhere2dance

I build muscle easily, even though I use 3 pound weights. I think your body type has a lot to do with how you look. Since everything you do delivers the same results, at least you can focus on the workouts you do enjoy.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 10:01 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I feel like once you get to a certain age, exercise doesn't change appearance much. I've tried different workouts too and don't see much difference in how I look, but I DO notice a difference in how I feel and in strength. I'm almost done with a rotation of P90X3 and the strength gains are amazing. For example, I started in January and before that I could not lift a case of bottled water and had to bring a friend to help or ask someone in the store. Now I can lift it myself. To me, being able to do such things is more important than anything.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 10:19 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I feel like once you get to a certain age, exercise doesn't change appearance much. I've tried different workouts too and don't see much difference in how I look, but I DO notice a difference in how I feel and in strength. .
This is true for me as well. Huge strength differences based on what I'm doing but to the outside world I look the same.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 11:11 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Do you mean that you can't see muscle development in your limbs or torso?

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly, when you write that you 'look the same.' Are you trying to lift up your rear or whittle your waist? Or is it a more muscled look that you're going for?
I have well developed legs, and my abs don't look bad either. I guess what I meant is that I don't bulk up the way some people seem too.
Old 05-05-15, 11:13 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Lol, I am always trying to "lift up the rear view" I think that is why I love barre work so much! Lots of glute work!
Sherry
Old 05-05-15, 11:15 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I build muscle easily, even though I use 3 pound weights. I think your body type has a lot to do with how you look. Since everything you do delivers the same results, at least you can focus on the workouts you do enjoy.
I agree with this. Body type and genetics play a key role.

Tags
genetics, michael mosley, neat activity, nonresponders, sitting, vo2 max