Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-20-17, 05:24 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Confused About Fit Tower

I just saw Mary's tweet about pre-ordering the advanced DVDs for the Fit Tower. I also saw a post here about the difference between the new Fit Tower and the old one - or am I mistaken about that?

Since there's a new Fit Tower and Advanced DVDs, I'm assuming there are other DVDs for the Fit Tower? I'm asking because I like the looks of one of the advanced DVDs and might like the first ones (to use with my barre). I can't find any older DVDs on either Mary's or Cathe's site.

Am I imagining all this?
Old 06-20-17, 05:49 PM  
Loriann

Joni,
You are not imagining anything. There was Cathe's first tower, called a turbo tower I believe, that was sold around the time that STS came out. Eventually it went away.

Now there is the Fit Tower that has been around for about a year. It comes with 3 beginner/intermediate DVDs as well as the loops. It has gained more interest now that Cathe is coming out with the advanced workouts for the Fit Tower. I am not sure if you can purchase the other DVDs separate from the tower.

Lori
Old 06-20-17, 05:55 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

You can buy the beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts that came with the new Fit Tower at fittower.com, go to Accessories. $24.95 each or all three for $59.95.

Cathe did say that the "advanced" workout in this original bundle is not advanced in Cathe terms, while her new series is.
Old 06-20-17, 06:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks, Lori and Allison!

ETA: Bummer, no clips.
Old 06-20-17, 07:44 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I believe this is the promo clip for the original DVDs that came with the Fit Tower: https://youtu.be/B9v7gcZV-0c
Old 06-20-17, 09:42 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I believe this is the promo clip for the original DVDs that came with the Fit Tower: https://youtu.be/B9v7gcZV-0c
Thanks!
Old 06-21-17, 08:41 AM  
muddjeansgal

I just got the new fit tower last week. I have pretty much been inactive for the past year so I thought these new workouts would be perfect for me. The beginner is about 30 minutes and not really all that challenging. I plan to do the beginner for about two weeks before moving on to the intermediate. You would probably not get a good workout with these if they are anything like the beginner. I have not viewed the intermediate or advanced in this set but they are all about 30 minutes. I will post back about them later.
Old 06-21-17, 09:03 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
I just got the new fit tower last week. I have pretty much been inactive for the past year so I thought these new workouts would be perfect for me. The beginner is about 30 minutes and not really all that challenging. I plan to do the beginner for about two weeks before moving on to the intermediate. You would probably not get a good workout with these if they are anything like the beginner. I have not viewed the intermediate or advanced in this set but they are all about 30 minutes. I will post back about them later.
Mine is out for delivery today! I ordered this less than a week ago through Fit Tower. Although Walmart may still be a little cheaper, there was a tax added when I compared pricing. I was able to use the Cathe discount to get the bar clips free.
~Beth
Old 06-22-17, 01:21 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Cathe talked about the DVDs for the Fit Tower at the roadtrip last year, and indicated that the original Fit Tower DVDs were made for beginners and were designed to accommodate the company that made the equipment then, whereas these new DVDs are more within her creative control and geared to her usual customer.

Tags
cathe fit tower, fit tower, fit tower workouts