Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 07-18-22, 05:22 PM  
samantha-kitty

P.volve signature equipment dupes at Walmart

I spotted what appear to be dupes for 3 P.volve "patented" signature pieces of equipment at my local Walmart. P.volve method has been discussed in the past but has not seemed to have had a huge interest in this forum, in part because of price. So I thought I might not be the only one interested in the following.

Most of the other branded equipment for this method can be fairly easily substituted with less expensive brand options, but I have never seen other versions of these 3 pieces. Warning- they are very PINK (a little more pastel than "Pink Firm" equipment [e.g., balls, weighted gloves], but are still pretty bright). From comparing the specs I could find on the P.volve website, their Amazon store, and the item descriptions on the Walmart site, these copies look pretty similar to the name brand.

I am not sure if the links below will work, so I am also including the item name as it appears on the web page in case anyone is interested and needs the info to search the Walmart site.

p3 trainer dupe: HomeGym Resistance Body Toner Set with Bands, Adjustable Straps, Handle and Carry Bag
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HomeGym-R...6?athbdg=L1300

p ball dupe: HomeGym Exercise Thigh Toner Adjustable Inflatable 3lb Rubber Workout Ball Air with Pump Carry Bag
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HomeGym-E...4?athbdg=L1300

p band dupe: HomeGym Exercise Gloves with Adjustable Strap and Finger Loops, Pink Teal, One-Size
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/758694812

Came home, did some googling and found a free 21-day rotation with PopSugar plus a few other free workouts on Youtube. P.volve does have a Youtube channel, but they have pulled or hidden some of their earlier stuff.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/30-...volve-47329775

I have been curious about this method since it came out but unwilling to pay list price for the equipment, so placed an online order with Walmart and qualified for free shipping with purchase of all 3. Finally a version of this method that fits my budget.
samantha-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 06:10 PM  
CharM

I didn't remember that these existed (the P.Volve version, that is), nor did I know that I wanted them until the reminder. So thank you. I think?

I'm especially interested in the "body toner" set and I hope it'll work for my Leslie walks.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 07:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I had never heard of them but being a gadget girl I am now interested!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 03:49 PM  
Lannette

I’ve been meaning to come back to this thread to thank Samantha-kitty. Instead of donating my old P.volve equipment away I’m now putting it to use.

P.volve is taking 25% off kits and equipment. CODE: LABORDAY

Their largest kit is already marked down by close to $50.00. I believe the code will take off 25% in addition to that discount.

If you’re a teacher, First Responder, RN or other medical provider check out their discounts. They’re very generous.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 02:52 PM  
Lannette

Bumping

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-06-22, 12:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha-kitty View Post
I spotted what appear to be dupes for 3 P.volve "patented" signature pieces of equipment at my local Walmart.
Thanks - they appear to be available at several Walmarts on the island.

the small ball that is attached to the long resistance tube - is it weighted**? this one sort of reminds me of Billy Bands (Tae Bo).

for the 3rd item (gloves), looks like if the tubing wears out, you can't replace it with another. too bad.

EDITED TO ADD:
**answering my own question: in the first review on Walmart, apparently it is weighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha-kitty View Post
p3 trainer dupe: HomeGym Resistance Body Toner Set with Bands, Adjustable Straps, Handle and Carry Bag
https://www.walmart.com/ip/HomeGym-R...6?athbdg=L1300
are there any workouts on youtube that use the longer resistance tube attachments (ball and or handle)? can be pvolve or non-pvolve. the pvolve ones seem to be equipment-free or using the gloves + gliding floor discs.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-22, 01:39 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Thanks - they appear to be available at several Walmarts on the island.

the small ball that is attached to the long resistance tube - is it weighted**? this one sort of reminds me of Billy Bands (Tae Bo).

for the 3rd item (gloves), looks like if the tubing wears out, you can't replace it with another. too bad.

EDITED TO ADD:
**answering my own question: in the first review on Walmart, apparently it is weighted.

are there any workouts on youtube that use the longer resistance tube attachments (ball and or handle)? can be pvolve or non-pvolve. the pvolve ones seem to be equipment-free or using the gloves + gliding floor discs.
The balls from both the dupe and the real deal weigh 1.5 pounds. In the YouTube P3 trainer “How to” video the instructor says that the P3 ball weighs 2 pounds but it’s actually 1.5 pounds. Maybe an earlier version was heavier?

I don’t know of any longer YouTube videos using the P3 but I use P.Volve’s streaming. I’ve done two workouts that used this piece of equipment and really liked it! The way it was used wasn’t at all what I imagined. I’m scheduled to use it again on Thursday.

FYI the PV Apps apparently aren’t great. I go through the website on a 12.9” IPad Pro without issue.

Old 09-06-22, 01:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I don’t know of any longer YouTube videos using the P3 but I use P.Volve’s streaming. I’ve done two workouts that used this piece of equipment and really liked it! The way it was used wasn’t at all what I imagined. I’m scheduled to use it again on Thursday.
Thanks Lannette - do you have any links (youtube or otherwise) that demonstrate using the longer tubing w/the ball or handle attached?

i can see doing a back or side lunge and extending either arm in the opposite direction whilst holding the handle or ball. are there other moves that you could describe?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-06-22, 02:38 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Thanks Lannette - do you have any links (youtube or otherwise) that demonstrate using the longer tubing w/the ball or handle attached?

i can see doing a back or side lunge and extending either arm in the opposite direction whilst holding the handle or ball. are there other moves that you could describe?
Here is a PV Blog post showing several exercises using the P3.
https://www.pvolve.com/blogs/all/pvo...-trainer-moves

You also may want visit the PV website. Click on the two lines to the right of the free trial button. Then click classes and sort for P3 Trainer. You should be able to see a variety of positions.

Part of my problem with explaining the various movements is that I’m just beginning to understand the form and verbiage that goes with it. In the website tutorial Zack really emphasizes that you must move from the core and maintain shoulder alignment as well.

This concept reminds me of Stott Pilates’ 5 Basic Principles. I’ve found the two workouts to be extremely synergistic.

Old 09-06-22, 02:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Lannette!

Tags
fitness gadgets, gadget, gadgets, p.volve, p.volve equipment, pvolve