Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-22, 07:46 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Nobody Is Hungrier Than a Child at Bedtime. 7/17

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 08:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I've already got the AC going expecting another hot and humid day, but frankly, the heat records will get broken Monday and Tuesday. I didn't go for a walk yesterday and maybe not today - just too hot and humid out there despite the early morning hours... We'll be close to a 100 in regular temps and perceived temps above 110 Monday and Tuesday!

Laura, glad you're working on your cards from scraps - I'm wondering if I'll be starting up some painting again. Adelija used some of my painting supplies when she got here, before she became a social butterfly, but there's still some good paints sitting in my closet. At least painting can be done in AC . I'm glad you were able to talk your MIL into taking her meds. Glad your parents have recovered from their Covid.

Paula, I feel like I'd just be a sweat bomb if I try an outdoor walk in this heat and humidity. I think this year will be a record as far as days over 90 degrees in this area . We're already past our average for the entire year... Glad you got your household stuff done after your trip.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-17-22, 12:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has been another lazy day. And, like Paula said, Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest. We went to church virtually at a new church I wanted to try out. I've made a couple of cards. This afternoon, I plan on doing some exercises from a study I'm doing that is centered around planning how you want your life to be. Given how weird the last two years have been, I feel the need for some assessment.

Paula - It's good you have so many chances to get outside, both locally and being able to fly to good places to hike/walk.

Anita - I feel you on not even wanting to go out. Here, even in the morning, it's muggy and not pleasant outside. I know that you have two more themes and will come up with some themes in time for August at some point.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 08:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was an oldie but goodie - Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile with the weighted balls. DH and I did a neighborhood walk in the morning before it got hot as well.

A lazy day, it was DH's birthday, he didn't want to do much as we'd just had the get away, said he didn't want to go out for more rich food. We did go to one of our favorite little airport cafes - his choice, we sat on the patio and it was hotter than you know where.

I made a pasta salad before we left and I was glad I did. It was hot here today and being able to pull out the salad for a light, no fuss dinner was nice. Mostly a kicked back day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Our AC is going too. It was so darn hot this afternoon! I've heard many places are having record temperatures. It was in the 90's where we had lunch and we were sitting on the patio even with fans on us we were uncomfortable. I hear you about walking in humidity - I remember walking in high heat, high humidity in Key West once - I was sweating from places I didn't know had sweat glands.

Laura, glad you got a peaceful day too. This exercise you're doing is for self assessment? I remember doing something called "What Color is Your Parachute" decades ago that was supposed to help you chose a career path. I've read a few self help books and mainly thought they were of limited value, mostly geared toward people working in the private sector on how to get promoted and rise in a corporate setting. I never wanted to work in a corporate setting, I was happy working in the public sector and it's a completely different culture.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 07:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another super hot day with temps close to 100 F today . I'll be in my house with the AC going... Nothing really planned for here other than garbage day and some tree trimmers coming to trim my crabapple tree. I'll be putzing - lately I've been getting more stuff in my house ready for donation at Goodwill. I used to have an Asian decorating taste to my bedroom, but now am just packing all that up and giving it away.

Laura, how did you like the new church? Is it close enough to go to in reality or just virtually? I should re-examine how I want my life to be now also - share your source on that test?

Paula, happy birthday to your DH! I wonder if the "what color is your parachute?" people could come up with something for retirees on how to best spend their time .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-18-22, 09:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning (if you want to call it that) was a long yin yoga practice. I did a short one for neck and shoulders then a longer one for the the whole body. Still having pain in my neck and trying to find ways to help. I ordered a backpack purse off Amazon this morning, I hope I like it and I hope it helps.

Today was an easy day. Had a body scan appointment with my dermatologist this morning. I'm glad to report he only found one tiny precancer on the top of my right hand. Yay.
Afterward DH and I went to Dana Point and met a friend for lunch, afterward went to his house for pie and conversation.

Anita, thanks for the birthday wishes for my DH. You are so lucky to have time to pack and organize and determine what to keep and what to get rid of. When we sold our first place it sold much faster than expected and the buyer wanted a short escrow. We had 30 days to find another place, pack, and move. To say it was hectic is an understatement. If I ever move again I hope we'll have the time to do it right like you do.
Old 07-19-22, 07:26 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another super hot and humid day today - high near 100 F and feels like temps about 110 F! I'm spending another day inside in the AC. I've got about 6 bags to take to Goodwill! I'll probably do that tomorrow when temps and humidity drop a bit. It's kind of weird not to drive anywhere for 4 days now. I'll be driving to my brother's Friday in WI - his wife's dad died yesterday and the funeral will be Friday. I'll still try to get in and do the turtles at WRC in the morning.

Paula, enjoy your new purse! I should get myself in to a dermatologist and have all my freckles and weird body marks checked out - I've shown them to my regular doctor, but frankly don't know if he's that up on skin cancer potential sites. I should get an appointment set up with my doctor for my annual physical - hoping for a date in September. I'm hoping the transfer to another house will go smoothly - I can buy my share of the co-op and not have a loan taken out on my house for that. I haven't talked to a real estate friend yet about selling my house, but hope it can happen after the co-op is done and I can move in peacefully. I do have a lot of things I'm hoping the new owners would want (yard tools and decorations, snow blower, mower, and speakers in my living room), but will need time to resell stuff if they don't. I hope your neck feels better soon!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-19-22, 05:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. It was another day that just melted away. Today has been busy. I had an in-person training session this morning. This afternoon, I took DH to a dental appointment. When we got home, Polly looked out of sorts. She went from sitting in front of the house, stomped across the driveway, and sat in the grass on the other side of the driveway, turning her back on me. Apparently, she didn't appreciate us leaving to go to that appointment and not being here to let her in. I laughed and laughed. Then she came inside with me and cooled off for quite a while. This evening, I have a Zoom training session.

The assessment I'm not doing at this point (because other stuff keeps getting in the way) is a 90-day class by a woman who I follow on YouTube and in podcasts name Chrystal Evans Hurst, a Christian who established an online community site that this is all in called The Sister Circle. The first week, which was a week or two ago, had something to do every day and I just keep not having time for it, but I'm determined I'll catch up at some point. At this point, I'm wondering if I should have looked for an actual assessment that would have been a little less work maybe. We'll see what happens.

Paula - I hope DH enjoyed his low-key birthday. I need to get to the dermatologist as well. At some point, I'll sit down and make the appointments I need to make for this fall.

Anita - I saw yesterday(?) on the news that Minneapolis was hotter than Kansas City. You're getting some crazy hot weather. We've only been in the low to mid 90s - today was 95 - but this weekend we'll see those 100+ degree days. It sounds like you have a good plan for moving. Like Paula said, it would be nice to have the time. The church we like the most is all the way on the other side of the city and we're talking about whether that is possible in person. We'll have to see.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-22, 09:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) and Karen Voight Yoga Stretch.

Lunch with friends, always fun. I will rub it in and say it was another perfect day here. We went to a California Pizza Kitchen and ate on the patio - the temperature was perfect.

Anita, Sorry to hear about your sister in laws dad. Hope you were able to get in to take care of the turtles. Take it from someone who has had numerous skin pre-cancers removed - look and any bumps, lumps, moles etc. If the surface is rough and scaly, seems to heal but almays comes back in the same place - get it looked at ASAP. This latest one was rough skin developing on the top of my right hand, he didn't he felt it more than looked at it - ran his fingers over it from a couple different directions, announced he thought it was a pre-cancer and zapped it. I suspect the new owners will want the snow blower and lawn mower - those things are expensive and necessary.

Laura, loved your story about Polly "punishing" you for going away for a couple hours. Gave me a good laugh. Hope you can find the time to do the assesstment. If it's a program online, can you start at any time and move at your own pace? Good lucl with your training session this evening.
Old 07-20-22, 06:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today I've got a carload of bedding to donate to the Salvation Army on my way to see my financial advisor. After that, planning to go to Trader Joe's near there. I might have another carload of stuff ready to take into a donation center and a carload of weeds and sticks for the compost site. Yesterday didn't get as hot as what was predicted - thank goodness! Today is supposed to peak around 90 F, but the humidity is way down. Otherwise planning on putzing and running errands.

Laura, Polly sure knows how to express her feelings! Europe is having this crazy hot weather also - I feel sorry for them as most don't have AC to fall back on. Good luck finishing your course on YouTube!

Paula, thanks for the tips for skin cancer screening! I should still get an appointment with a dermatologist to have things checked out. My trip to WI will be Friday - kind of glad to have the mobility now without Gus - he would have had his surgery for his knee next week! Still miss my fur buddy .

Waves to all!

Anita