Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-22, 08:25 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Ah, we are celebrating the Warriors win here -- with the return of Klay Thompson. Pretty fun night.

Chele, TBP $120 for the whole year. $20/month or $45 for three months. You probably saw this but Sherry mentioned that if you sign up for a year you lock in that price (going forward, presumably). Oh and all my breathing comments were about yoga. I think I probably huff and puff with my mouth during more intense workouts. For some reason I thought you meant yoga.
Thanks for the information about membership. I was basically talking about yoga but I’ve had instructors talk about breathing techniques in some other classes as well.

Cataddict… i’ll have to see if the senior classes is something I would enjoy. Appreciate the recommendations and details.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 12:45 PM  
ChelePA

All Peloton classes. 30 minute low impact cycling class. 10 minute cool down walk. Trying to work on proper gait and balance. I turn my right foot out since I started walking because it was easier and reduced pain. 10 minute light weights and then 10 minutes flow yoga on floor with hips focus. I also haven’t missed my daily 5-10 minute meditations.

Have a great Monday!
Old 01-10-22, 01:57 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!! Glad I checked out the 2021 thread and saw this link. and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Last week was CRAZY! Justin had appointments each day except for Friday. Gotta say my ex is really stepping up with helping with appointments. Whoda thunk it?

GOOD NEWS!! So between the CT and PET scans, the Radiation Dr. said she is not seeing the pancreatic tumor anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! And the "cancer juice" reading is down to 45 with 35 being "normal".

That doesn't mean we're out of the woods, but it is very promising. Now we have radiation EVERY Day for 28 days!! The hospital where we go is 90 minutes away for me so will be a lot of driving. Yes the ex is going to help too. Starts the 19th.

Kim: I've been looking forward to seeing Kings Man. Do you feel you have to watch the other ones first? I have seen none!
I got Forza2 for Xmas...I had it before, got it back. I really like her stuff and she is beyond BUFF!

ChelePA: The PET scan was followup. He had one during our consult at Mayo too. It was just for his abdomen. Did not take long at all as they put the contrast dye in thru an IV.
And he had two different CT scans too to prepare for the radiation.

bee: Yes it is beyond freezing so I have not been outside much. Trip to town on Friday for groceries was miserable cold. Only thing I've done outside all weekend is take the garbage out. I got your lovely card btw.

Cat: The hockey classic was wicked cold. Prince used to say this cold keeps the riffraff out of the state. Not for the faint of heart.

Alta: You do know that some of our lovely Watulans may not know about Dick Tracy watches! ;-)

Hi Manleym!!
Hi Linda!!
Hi FN1!!
Hi BabyW!!
Hi Nathalie!!

So....catching up. Last week was mostly Tony.
3rd: One on One Vol 3 Disk 3 Shoulders and Arms MC2 plus Vol 2 Disck 12 Upper Body Balance. Nice!
4th: Nothing..dr day.
5th: OoO Vol 1 Disk 9 Bun Shaper plus P90X+ Interval X Plus.
6th: Nothing but did get in a 20 minute Yoga practice.
7th: Cathe Live 371 Step & Weights plus 370 Chiseled Upper Body Blast. Now THAT was good!! Both workouts had cardio and weights and was about 80 minutes total. Whew!!

Today back to Cathe Live 214 Total Body Giant Sets #2. Very good. The rep pace was good but the pace in between exercises was really fast! I really liked the first TBGS and I see there is a 3rd. Will be checking those out again.

Dear friends...you have been wonderfully supportive..not just to me but everyone here! What amazing people you are!!
One step at a time.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 02:49 PM  
ChelePA

Kate… so glad you checked in. Such wonderful news about your son! Continuing to keep him in my thoughts and prayers as he finishes his radiation therapy. I remember taking my sister-in-law to those daily appointments. Hoping for minimal side effects for him.
Old 01-10-22, 05:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

That is great news, Kate! We'll keep the good vibes flowing your way for even more good news -- sounds like it could be a brutal month -- and I'm not even talk about the cold, Prince! -- but good to hear that your ex is stepping up.

Chele, you have great consistency! With workouts and the meditation. Seems like you've found a rhythm that works for now. Oh, and on TBP -- they say in a couple of places that you have 14 days to cancel. Seems like they are pretty nice about the whole subscription thing.

I did another TBP this morning since it made me feel so great yesterday. The one I picked today said "no equipment" but then they used weights and perhaps they were optional but the movement seemed somewhat pointless without the weights. I went light and modified one of the movements. I think I will stick with their workouts (and PT) for now -- well, plus walking with friends when I can.
Old 01-10-22, 07:17 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Last week was CRAZY! Justin had appointments each day except for Friday. Gotta say my ex is really stepping up with helping with appointments. Whoda thunk it?

GOOD NEWS!! So between the CT and PET scans, the Radiation Dr. said she is not seeing the pancreatic tumor anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! And the "cancer juice" reading is down to 45 with 35 being "normal".

That doesn't mean we're out of the woods, but it is very promising. Now we have radiation EVERY Day for 28 days!! The hospital where we go is 90 minutes away for me so will be a lot of driving. Yes the ex is going to help too. Starts the 19th.
I'm so happy for you Kate. You must be relieved that he's better, even though, as you say, he's not out of the woods!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 07:22 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Nathalie, I have a card here for you -- I wasn't sure about postage to Canada -- seemed like I might need three forever stamps and it's a small envelope. So I was planning to go to the post office and get an international forever stamp (what a concept!) but I haven't made it there yet!!
That's so sweet of you bee! If you want to save yourself the trouble of going to the post office, you could always try to scan it and send it by email. I don't want you to go into too much trouble for me.
Old 01-10-22, 07:40 PM  
lavna

Hello Watulans,

We have freezing weather here as well. Tomorrow, with the windchill, it should be around -38 celcius! REALLY cold! Brrr. I'm so happy to be teleworking!

Going back to work was a little hard. It's hard to switch gears form vacation to work! Luckily, nothing was urgent so I could take my time to do so.

manleym: Yes, getting back to the "work" sleep routine is always hard. Today, even getting up half an hour earlier felt hard!

Yesterday, I tried Lots of lunges from Caroline Girvan followed by her 8 minutes glutes workout with booty band. I'm amazed at her strength: she used 38 lbs dumbells! I used 15 and 12 and it was plenty! For the glutes workout, I used my medium band but next time, I'll use the hardest one. Afterwards, it felt as if I hadn't worked out so hard but as the day progressed, I started to feel it very much! Oh boy! Was I glad when it was time to go to sleep! As a bonus, all those lunges were a great workout for my ankles!

Take care everyone!
Hugs!
Nathalie
Old 01-10-22, 08:42 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I'm glad your focusing on proper alignment when you walk. It's really good that you recognize the fact that you turn your foot when you walk. Do you have any refresher therapy sessions? I mean, just so they can tell you whether you're on the right track as far as proper mechanics? Since you turn the foot to help with the pain, it's probably so easy to keep doing it without even knowing you do it. You're such a trooper and I'm so proud of you.

Kate such wonderful news about Justin. Thank you for the update. I'm so glad you're getting help from his father too. And no, you don't need to have seen the prior Kingsman movies to enjoy this one.

Nathalie I hope work has slowed down a little for you. I hate adjusting my wake up times too. I find that as I'm getting older, I seem to naturally want to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, even on the weekends. I guess that's a good thing.

Manley I saw your post on the KCM thread about the new workouts. I'm glad you liked the ones you tried. Crazy about the shipping company sending two copies to people. Did you also get two copies?

Today's workout was another new one. 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body with Jessica Smith. I like the 10 Minute Solution workouts - usually lots of variety and moderate work.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 01-11-22, 09:36 AM  
ChelePA

I think I would’ve liked the newer releases from Caroline since they are shorter. Her workouts were long and repetitive for me and I don’t like to do weights for more than 30 minutes. It sounds like she’s giving you all some great routines and challenges. And I agree with the others, for such a tiny little thing, she is super strong! I always lifted half or even less than she was using many times.

Kim… no follow up with physical therapy unless absolutely needed. I’m going to continue to work on this issue and see how it goes. The therapist did say it was natural for me to turn my foot out for balance and reduced pain. One of my biggest issues right now with walking and steps is definitely my ankle range of motion and tightness/pain in that area.

I decided to join the seven day challenge of Yoga and Meditation with Kassandra that was posted on the general board. Since I just started today, I did her Monday routine as a warm-up before my cycling class then did today’s release afterwards. Cycling was a 10 minute low impact class followed by a 20 minute pop music class. For the yoga, she focused on the hips and held the poses for two minutes. Exactly what I need these days.

I have a hairline crack in my front tooth. Going to get it looked at this evening. Not really sure how it happened. I do have a habit of grinding my teeth but I wear a retainer since 2018. Maybe it’s the many years of doing it that my teeth have weakened . Just hoping it’s an easy repair.

Have a great Tuesday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in