Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-14-21, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Fall Is My Second-Favorite F-Word. Food is First. 11/14

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 08:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija is off overnighting at Snelling Fort with her foreign student friends. I need to pick her up at 8 am - much earlier than a normal slow Sunday morning. I did manage to rake my backyard and take it to the compost site yesterday - overnight we got about an inch of snow on the grass - pretty well melted on pavement (so no shoveling - yay!). I also took Adelija to a Russian food market and she was happy to pick up familiar specialty foods and junk food .

Today, I'm planning on walking Gus after picking up Adelija, putzing around the house, and just relaxing - I'm sure Adelija will be napping.

Laura, glad you got your hearing aid fixed! Hope you got paid for the extra time the student took. Thanks for the titles for the next week and today!

Paula, Glad you enjoyed a real quilt group meeting. Our state's Covid rate is the highest we've seen this year - I'm glad to be getting a booster this week. My stick vacuum is several years old, so the battery is getting worse - I think initially it stayed on high for a half hour or so.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-14-21, 11:41 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is catch-up day (following a lazy Sunday morning). I won't get everything done, but I hope to feel like I've gotten traction and I know where I'm going with the coming week. Some of the things I have to get done today include researching the problems one client is having with a PowerPoint presentation, figuring out what I need to cook in the coming days, and working on finding someone to clean our house. It's harder than it should be at this point.

Anita - Have a relaxing day. Yeah, she paid it all and was happy to do it. Apparently, I saved her a ton of time and effort and taught her stuff she hasn't learned in class (which is just sad), so she was thrilled. We have another session scheduled for tomorrow. Go figure. I hope the aftermath of the booster isn't too bad for you. For me, I was fatigued, a little less than after the second vaccine shot.

Paula - It's great that you are getting back to normal and had such a good quilting group. I'm guessing that not meeting in December would be what happens in a "normal" year.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 09:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 13 Cardio Tone followed by some stretching and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery day for us. I did meal prep, made a big pot of lentil soup. We made crockpot applesauce and the day melted away. My freezer is now full - I always like that feeling.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Theme is good kudos to you or Laura whoever found the theme. Hope Adelija is having fun at her overnight. Our area's COVID rate is up a little too - but overall we're doing good. I think you'll be glad you got the booster. I certainly am glad we did but then neither of us had a bad reaction. The peace of mind is worth the minor side effects we experienced.

Laura, glad you were able to help this client. Sounds as though she's a happy customer (the best kind). It is nice to see my quilting buds again. You're right, we gave up meeting in December years ago because so many people couldn't come, too much going on. Now we just skip December and resume in January.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around the house. I rearranged my computer equipment so I can more easily see my Epson screen - it keeps giving instructions I couldn't see when it was on the printer shelf below my knee level. I might put up a "free" pile at the end of my driveway of stuff not taken by charities, like my walker, which I used after hip replacement surgery.

Laura, you're so good for your clients . I need to do some computer learning to see how to get Quicken working on my iPad and still work on getting stuff into iCloud - my iPad is on my current email as ID, and my old computer is on my old email - not sharing space.

Paula, I'm getting the Moderna shot after having the J&J in April - not sure if they use booster concentration for us or regular full strength stuff. Glad you got to enjoy real people in real time in your quilting club. I'm not doing the yoga for seniors on a real-time stream - just not as touching as real time real people socializing.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-15-21, 07:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot "Presence". DH and I also went to Long Beach and went for a long walk in the marina and went to a favorite restaurant for lunch.

Today is my younger brother's birthday - he's 67 today. Gosh, that makes me feel old.

Anita, de-cluttering and reorganization is always a good feeling isn't it? After pulling everything out of our back closet for carpet cleaning, we did a major declutter and reorganization is that closet and gosh darn it, it's so much better. We should have gotten rid of much of that stuff before this.
On the COVID vaccine, I found it intersting the advice now is to get a booster of any type regardless of what the type of vaccine you received. I can see the Moderna/Pfizer overlap as I've heard they are very similar. But what we were told initially was the J & J was a different type of vaccine entirely. So...my guess is your Moderna booster is just like getting the initial shot, but my medical training is zero.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 08:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just melted away. I picked up an order at WalMart this morning and went to the library and pharmacy this afternoon. Got some crafting in and had a longer session brushing Polly (the cat). Her winter coat seems to be coming in and I brushed out a lot of hair. We also got a lot of boxes delivered and I spent time sorting through those and putting stuff away.

Paula - When I have a problem with a birthday, it's usually my brother's more than mine. He's almost three years younger than me and his birthday is two months before mine. By the time mine rolls around, it's not big deal...

Anita - I have heard that mixing and matching vaccines can improve coverage against infection, at least between the J&J and the other two. I had heard that a Moderna booster would be a half dose, but the GP told us last week that for those of us who are immunosuppressed, it's a full dose.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-16-21, 08:38 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, seeing an eye doctor, doing some shopping on that end of the world where the doctor is, and more putzing around. I do have some things on the corner of my lot with "free" on them for scavenger pickup. I watch a burst of Hoarders on TV to get me in the mood to get rid of more things . This time it's my walker I used after hip replacement (charities won't take it) and a rusty, but not leaky empty gas container. My snowblower takes very pure gasoline that comes in its own container and my mower is electric now. If I ever needed gas on the road, I'd probably buy one from the station, not run miles home and bring my rusty one . The walker is fine and very basic, but not needed now - I'm keeping my cane in case something is needed in the future.

Paula, now I feel like the baby around this group at age 60 . I did a lot of decluttering when I had the remodeling project upstairs and downstairs years ago - it does help when you have to pull everything out of a room or closet and figure out what you'll keep. I'm glad I did that and my closets still look well organized and decluttered.

Laura, Polly must've loved your brushing . I did fill out a form for the vaccine so they know I've had a single J&J shot. I just chose that pharmacy as Moderna gave a slightly better reaction than Pfizer or another J&J and that pharmacy was giving Moderna. That'll be tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-16-21, 01:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I had a training session with someone on editing a PowerPoint presentation. I threw a lot of information to him and he seemed to have what he needs to get it done. This afternoon, I have an appointment with an ENT. For the past couple of months, I feel like it's hard to clear my throat, and that's after feeling like things - pills, food - can get stuck at a point in my throat sometimes. I figure it's time to see what's going on. I think some of it is the aftermath of the gallbladder surgery I had, or rather the general anesthetic, that was used.

Anita - Nope. You're the middle child here. I'm 58. This year, I had trouble with the fact my younger brother turned 55. I hope the Moderna vaccine was easy for you. For me, the first shot was fine. It was the second shot that made me fatigued.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-17-21, 08:13 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, doing some raking, getting my Covid booster and doing some grocery shopping. I might make some roasted brussel sprouts also - my fall favorite veggie!

Laura, how did it go at the ENT? I'll find out about the Moderna vaccine this afternoon.

Waves to all!

Anita