Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-13, 09:59 AM  
bethellen

Thanks everyone for the support. It's been a little over 3 months since my fiance passed and it seems like my mental health is getting worse.

However, I think I know some things I can change that may be hindering my progression through the grief. One of the smaller things I want to do is start including more Leslie workouts throughout my week. (others aren't related to vf)

I'm going to go back and re-read the responses to this thread too.

Lulla Belle - I'm sorry for your loss.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 10:08 AM  
lrb04

Double post!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 10:10 AM  
lrb04

Beth~ Come join our Leslie' 1 mile a day challenge if you would like to do that. You don't need to do a Leslie's mile every day but we do whatever we think is best for ourselves! You could feel the Leslie love there!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 12:14 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

My job is stressful and I live in a very stressful city. These two are ones I go to when I feel frazzled and want to take care of myself.

Just Relax by David Swenson. This one gets no attention here. It is a VERY gentle stretch/relaxation practice, filmed on the beach in Hawaii with David and a few other people. There is an amazing long guided relaxation at the end. It's really terrific.

Nirvair's Heal Your Back Now is another one I do when I want to feel better, even if my back isn't bothering me. It's super gentle, and Nirvair is so kind and mellow. It has the 'loving hands at home' production values of all his yoga DVDs, but it's the content, and Nirvair's vibe, that make this one special for me.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 02:49 PM  
cfwb

I turn to 2 options when I need to feel better: kickboxing (if I need to picture a target - great after a break up or a bad day at work), or dance with lots of pivots (like Lisa Wheeler's choreography - good for the blahs).
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 03:42 PM  
Lorelai

Usually just getting up and working out improves my mood, because I feel a sense of accomplishment after I've worked out. The exercise buzz doesn't hurt either.

That said, anything on Jessica Smith's YouTube channel is wonderful, and if I feel up for all the large ranges of motion, Ellen's Grace and Gusto, Fat Burning Fusion, Fusion Flow, Zen Sculpt, and Slim Sculpt are at the top of my list (about in that order too). But lately I find myself gravitating most towards Jessica. Cardio Core Flow, Flat Abs Walk, Dance Walk, Barefoot Fusion Walk, Stride and Strength, and Sunset Stretch are some of my favorites so far.

ETA: Must now add Relax and Restore, which I tried following Cardio Barefoot Flow. I can see it being added at least once per week for strength and flexibility.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 05:32 PM  
Lulu Belle

Thank you everyone for your kind words - it means more than you know. I really liked the reminder that getting outside can really help. Yesterday I took a long walk with my two beautiful children and wonderful husband. It helped so much. Right now I'm heading to my mother (layover at airport). I don't know what to expect from this next step. I had such a caring, loving father. I will miss him terribly, but I also have so many outstanding memories of him telling the best stories you ever heard. I only hope that somehow I can keep his memory alive through stories of my own.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 06:52 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Turbo Fire and either running or walking with my dogs out in the trails.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote