Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-26-10, 08:33 PM  
IvysMom

is it just me?(bbl)

just did bbl bum bum for the first time today. made it thru about half--my legs need a break desperately!

am i just super out of shape(somehow didn't gain any inches on legs during pregnancy , just hips, midsection & chest) or did anyone else feel like bum bum was a lot of work the 1st time thru?
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 09:40 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

IIRC I had to lie down on the floor!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 09:44 PM  
geojill

It wiped me out! I had to take a lot of rests because I think I might have had a heart attack or stroke otherwise! But at least I would have died happy
Old 07-26-10, 09:48 PM  
desderata

IMO, Bum Bum is sneaky. The moves incorporate a lot of balance and although Leandro doesn't do a huge number of reps for each exercise, he does move non stop throughout the 25 minutes of the workout. It's really different from traditional weighted leg workouts, and anytime you change things up, your body has to adapt. So, no, I don't think it's just you. I've been doing BB two to three times a week for about 5 weeks, and I'm just now to the point where I can do the walking ipanemas without feeling as if I'm about to fall over, and my legs are toast by the end of the capoeria section.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 10:57 PM  
Fitmama

Let me get this straight -you just had a baby and you are doing Bum Bum, and making it halfway through? That is fantastic!! Yes it is a tough workout but one that you can notice improvments in your performance each time you do it.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 08:50 AM  
CarlaVeg

yeap I felt the same way the first time I did bum bum... it's great! that was also one of the first workouts I did after delivering my baby almost 4 months ago.... it does get easier........ I really love BBL!!!!!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 10:27 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
... or did anyone else feel like bum bum was a lot of work the 1st time thru?
1st time, 2nd time, 43rd time ... heck, I still take a water break halfway through. The first time it was two or three breaks. Also, it hurts the next day, but in really good places, like the inner thighs!

Keep it up! Half of Bum Bum is still a good workout. Also, try Bum Bum Live (on the same DVD) ... similar moves, but a little less intense, and effectively shorter because it's got a long floor stretch at the end. Bum Bum Rapido (10 minutes) is good too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 11:32 AM  
Judy W.

I posted on another thread that I had a huge dread factor with Bum Bum, although I love the other BBL workouts. Well, this morning I forced myself to do Bum Bum, and I loved it! Tough? Oh, yes, it is. But it's really fun to do! There sure are some sections that are a bit tortuous, but they don't last that long. It's hard, but the music is lively, Leandro is cute, funny and informative, and the moves are really fun to do. Afterwards, hours later I still feel the burn in a wonderful way.

Bum Bum is only for the days I want to work hard. He says "Don't settle for less!" I'm 60 and have a wonky knee, and some days I need to go easier on myself. But BBL is safe, and even a 60 year old with a wonky knee can feel the love.

Challenge is how we grow. Bum Bum is a challenge, but when you are done and you are bathed in sweat and endorphins, you'll know that this is one day you didn't settle for less!
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 03:17 PM  
cooldham

I posted pretty much the exact same thing after my first few times doing Bum Bum...it's HARD!

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, leandro, leandro carvalho