Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-10, 08:41 AM  
lorajc

Okay - Tell Me I Can Do This - BBL

Yesterday was a cardio day but I've been wanting to try Bum Bum BBL - so I popped it in. After 10 minutes, I popped it out. I despise working my legs, but thought this might be "fun" since it has rave reviews. My legs were already sore from the other day, I was in a foul mood, and it was basically a cardio day......so please tell me.............can I do BBL? Will I learn to enjoy it? I really need the results everyone is talking about. Help me to enjoy BBL.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 09:20 AM  
DachsieDogMom

Sadly I don't love it like I thought I would. But it has grown on me a little bit. I dont think I could follow the rotation though because I just don't love it.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 09:27 AM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Yesterday was a cardio day but I've been wanting to try Bum Bum BBL - so I popped it in. After 10 minutes, I popped it out. I despise working my legs, but thought this might be "fun" since it has rave reviews. My legs were already sore from the other day, I was in a foul mood, and it was basically a cardio day......so please tell me.............can I do BBL? Will I learn to enjoy it? I really need the results everyone is talking about. Help me to enjoy BBL.
give it another try in a few days, when i first did bum bum, it was hard! now it's a lot easier, it takes time to build up to it, plus, you had a bad day yesterday. i would give it another try before giving up.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 09:30 AM  
PLS

I like the workouts, but on any given day with ANY workout, if it isn't working for me I pop it out and put in a different workout. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. If it is a new workout, unless it is just plane horrible, I have a 3 try rule. I have to do the full workout 3x before I can trade it. That gives me time to learn the moves, hear the music and cuing and decide whether I really don't like it or not.

Then if its a set and I still don't like it I shelve it for a while. I did this with RevAbs and a year later I am actually liking these workouts. Things I found annoying just don't bother me this time around. This is what works for me.

So yes I do think it is possible that you might enjoy BBL on a different day or even in 6 months. And probably a day your legs aren't already sore would be a better day to try it. I found that I was always sore after BB so doing it on a day my legs were sore would not be fun.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 09:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Try it when your legs aren't sore already.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 10:09 AM  
lorajc

i think I'm a leg wimp......as my legs are sore a lot!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 11:29 AM  
JP44

Maybe do only 15 min of Bum Bum to start w/ and gradually add on. Alternatively, try Bum Bum Rapido or Bum Bum Live. Both are shorter than Bum Bum and less cardio intensive. HTH!

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 01:13 PM  
gigi

Oh, I love BBL! I'm finishing my first rotation with it, but I did add in other cardio. What I like about it, is it's just enough burn and then he switches to another move. I love Bum Bum b/c of the cardio factor. I'm liking it even now more at the end of my rotation b/c I've perfected the moves and know how to really work it. Every time I don't want to do a workout, I hit play and the time ends up flying by for me. I find Bum Bum challenging, but focus on the fact that you will not do endless repetitions of one move. It moves from one thing to the next quickly. I hope you learn to like it, but it may not be for you. I would give it another try though. Good luck!
Old 05-02-10, 05:15 PM  
tigger

Try Bum Bum Rapido since it's only 10 minutes. I use it a lot as an add on. I only use it and Bum Bum from BBL. I'm going to try Uppercuts since I've heard good things about it. I can't do a BBL rotation because I didn't like Cardio Axe and I can't make myself do High and Tight because I hate floorwork. Anyway, I agree, don't try to make yourself do a workout if you dislike it, but definitely try it a couple of times. I didn't like Bum Bum until the 2nd or 3rd time when I knew what to expect.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 07:05 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I've only previewed my set so far but I plan to do the Basics w/o a couple or three times and then start with Bum-Bum Rapido. I don't think I could make it through all of Bum-Bum from the start and I definitely wouldn't be able to walk the next day. That's a lot of big muscle usage going on.

Unfortunately, they don't include an 'I'm having a bad day, just got over a stomach upset and don't feel like killing myself' rotation.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, bum-bum