Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-22, 08:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get in one of Lucy Wyndham Read's walks.

Today, so far:

Charlene Prickett - Get the Fat Off - Cross Trainer - Step workout. This was a good one - slightly more complex than some of the workouts I have done recently w/ Jenny Ford. But still basic step.

Jessica Valent - Hip Flexor Stretch and Pilates for Every Body - both of these were good, basic workouts.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 08:57 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Wow, this heat is just the worst. I’m so grateful to have air conditioning. Hope everyone is keeping cool!

Friday’s Workouts:
  • Run on the treadmill - I'm slowly but surely getting my speed and mileage back up, keeping in mind my injuries
  • Calf Raises and Plie Squats
  • 10 minute AMRAP - Chest Flies/Press combo and double arm rows
  • Stretch

Saturday’s Workouts:
  • Pushups and Tricep Dips
  • Walk in park while DH ran: 3.34 miles

I may add something else later on this afternoon.

Donna: Unlike you, I just cannot get into Essentrics or Classical Stretch. I’ve tried, I had a subscription which I just canceled so that’s that. Different strokes as they say! I’m so happy your new job is better than the last! Makes the last years prior to retirement easier to deal with. Good news on the bathroom! Happy Birthday to your DD!

Pat: Ahhhh… keep rubbing in the “breeze at the beach.” You are so lucky!!!! And the wildlife is just the icing on the cake! Yeah, we are foodies and we will drive distances to try something new or something that we love. Happy Birthday to your DS!!!

Healing hugs and waves to Summer Breeze

Keep cool everyone!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just popping in to say hi and wish Happy Birthday to PAT's son and DONNA's daughter!!

DONNA, sounds like a nice time celebrating with your DD. I'm glad she enjoyed her job at the summer camp and made some friends. Sounds like she's blossoming. And I'm very glad your new job is less intense and giving you that balance you so needed.
A class at the community college or art studio sounds great. Good workouts too.

PAT, oh Cajun food sounds yummy. I have a friend who opened up a Cajun restaurant in Jersey City. I don't get out that way too often but the food is amazing. Good job at the gym.

DIANE, I give your DH a lot of credit running in this heat. Your workouts look great too. Thank God for A/C!

Have a great weekend everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 11:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello! I managed the fourth day of Lucy's posture challenge and that's it. We had a very nice dinner and then chatted for the remainder of the evening. I have to run some errands and plan on hitting the gym for air conditioning.

Donna - happy birthday to a fellow Leo mom! Some personal enrichment classes sound fun. Frankenstein is a wonderful book to dissect and discuss.

Diane, good job improving your speed and mileage.

Keep on healing Summer Breeze! Keep ladies.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 07:59 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Where did the weekend go?

Today, I did, spread throughout the day:

Ellen - Yoga Pump & Yoga Mat Work - I enjoyed both of these and together they are a nice routine. I wish Yoga Pump were a little longer - it would have made a nice 30 min routine - but I suppose you can always add on or "re-wind" and do it twice or mix it w/ Barre Cardio - actually that sounds like a nice combo!

LWR - August Walk & Tone Challenge Day # 6 - which was body weight lower body and pretty tough for me for a short 10 min workout. It was one min per exercise - all straightforward stuff,all body weight.

LWR - August Walk & Tone Challenge Day # 7 - this was a 15 min walk/tone.

LWR's make nice pick me ups.....

My back is talkin' to me and it hasn't for awhile. I have a suspicion it may actually be --- and this is going to sound crazy but - Pilates. I have been doing more of the spinal articulation movements and I think that is messing with me. I think I will need to go back to modifying those moves and also leaving out a lot of "crunch" type movement. that is my working theory. It could also be that I did spend a good part of the day yesterday de-cluttering and today I was on my feet doing cleaning/cooking. But last week was a Pilates heavy week and since my back has been good lately, i went ahead and incorporated a lot of exercises that I had been skipping or just modifying. Maybe it is too much too soon or maybe those things just don't work for me. Something to think about..

Wow, I am rambling for a Sunday.

Diane - that is funny - it is good there are so many choices for exercise.

Summer Breeze - thanks!! I hope you are feeling better and making progress.

Pat - I hope you got into the A/C. I made it through a week w/ Lucy's Walk & Tone - and I did throw in some posture workouts, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 08-08-22, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Essentrics Live- From 7/26 w/ Amanda - this was for lower body.

Later today I plan to get in Jessica's leg routine - it is short - and I skip the pistol squats () so probably at lunch I'll do that and maybe a walk after work.

I think it is the spinal articulation and crunching in Pilates that is not great for me. I think I need to keep the range shorter and cut down on the reps. There are some parts of Pilates that work for me and some that don't! It can also be that I aggravated something w/ my cleaning projects. Either way I'm just going to be mindful about those movements in Pilates.

I enjoyed my CS Essentrics today!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
Old 08-08-22, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Happy Moan Day. I hope you are all surviving the heat wave. Hoo-wee.

Yesterday I had a good strength workout at the gym and a nice cool walk at the beach. I went at 7:30 p.m. and most of the bathing beauties were gone, so I could walk at the water's edge and really soak up the cool breezes. It was like medicine. Saturday I got heat sickness and couldn't do much of anything.

Donna, I haven't tried Yoga Mat Workout but really enjoyed Yoga Pump. I'm sure you're onto something with the Pilates maybe not working - hope you feel better soon.

Good morning Summer Breeze and Diane!
Old 08-08-22, 04:07 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

This heat is just a killer. We have a guy who does our lawn and my heart broke for him out there today. I know he carries A LOT of water and stays hydrated plus he lives in my neighborhood so he can stop off at home but this is just beyond brutal. And yet, my husband went out for his run this morning. Gerry has always liked the heat and I just don’t get it.

Sunday’s Workouts:
  • Short 20 minute step workout from Sharon Mann followed by stretch

Monday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift Boost Rotation – 45 minute treadmill run
  • 10 minute AMRAP – lunges, squats, stiff-legged deadlifts
  • Pushups
  • Inner Thighs a la Margaret Richard except I did it to the Grateful Dead’s “Truckin’”.
  • Stretch

Summer Breeze: Happy to see you checking in – you’ll be cast-free before you know it!

Pat: Again with the beach!!!! I’m so, so jealous!!!! Heat sickness is no joke – we all have to be so careful. My heart breaks when I see people working outside and have to wear jeans for protection. It is awful!

Donna: I like spreading out my workouts some days. No dread factor!!! Like with my piriformis and sciatica, when those areas talk to me, I listen. I hope it’s not the Pilates but start cutting back and you’ll quickly see the culprit. Hope you are feeling better!

Hope everyone has a great evening and all stay cool and comfy!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on at lunch and after work:

Jessica Valent's - Power Leg (or whatever it is called!) 15 min of body weight exercises, including pistol squats which I skipped.

Lucy's Walk in Venice - part 1 - this is a nice little "walk" to do - nice scenery, not too hard, good for just getting some movement in.

Today, so far, has been:

Body Kind Fitness - Do this Every Morning to Lose Weight - this was a 40 min cardio routine - 15 sec of walking/jogging followed by 45 seconds of a cardio/cardio-tone move. I enjoyed it. It is one of those music only videos that is popular on You Tube right now. The time went by quickly, it wasn't too hard or too easy and I got 4300 steps - I pulled out my step counter this morning for laughs.

Diane - it IS hot....

Pat - sorry you got sick from the heat, that is awful.

Summer Breeze- how are things coming along?

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 08-09-22, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 5
~ Grandniece's yoga class
~ 4,569 steps

I attended the class in person. I haven't been in the studio for other than massage or a workshop in years. Being there on-site meant I really had to step up my game. With Zoom I can hide on the floor when necessary.

Donna - ugh, pistol squats. I don't blame you for skipping.

Diane, I once had some guys do work on my roof in one of these heatwaves. I don't know how they survived it. I left out a cooler of water and iced tea, but still. I love your inner thighs routine to Truckin'! A Grateful Dead fave.

Good morning to Summer Breeze!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga