Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-22, 07:49 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Push (Strength) followed by Karen Voight Yoga Stretch.

Another beautiful day here. Got some housework done then did some shopping - still on the hunt for the perfect bag.

Anita, so glad you got the location you wanted. I didn't realize the dining area was a sunroom - how cool is that! Having comfortable chairs on the patio is the way to go. I find we rarely eat on our patio, we mostly just sit out there with cold drink and veg. What floor will you be on? High enough not to have mosquitoes on the balcony is a definate plus. A quiet location is a big plus also - it would be a must for me.

Laura, is the rain you're getting soft summer rain or thunder storms. Getting coupons for your favorite restaurants is a great gift! How thoughtful of your parents. Yeah, I end up sewing in spurts - right now I seem to be on a get stuff done we need, i.e. cooking and cleaning. Maybe next week things will slow down, I'll be where I can sew for an hour or two every day (or most days).
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 07:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Nothing specifically planned for today, but I hope to take a nice walk and enjoy the coolness outside. Some yard work and trip to the compost pile also. I'll be pulling weeds from the lawn also. Just putzing around on the inside also - putting a chair that's been in my bedroom out on the curb for free pickup.

Laura, so Polly still wants to be the boss of her life . So where was the pizza you liked? I haven't picked up a professional pizza in a really long time! I'm sure I'll be doing lots of walking in the parks near my new place, so I'm not too worried about not viewing the lake from my unit. I just like having the morning sun in my bedroom, but not getting roasted by the western sun.

Paula, I'll be on the top floor - 4th floor, or about 40 feet above the ground. They said mosquitoes don't go that high, but we'll see. There is an option to get a screen for the porch also. The nearest park to my place has a nice swamp right there at the back of our building, so I'm sure mosquitoes live there - I haven't gotten bitten walking in that area though - so far during the day. Sorry, I don't have a suggestion on bags/purses - I use a wrist wallet. I like being able to travel without hauling lots of stuff. I do like pockets for my pants though!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 08:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 16 Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

The small TV in the back bedroom that I use for exercise died completely this morning. I had to use my Ipad to finish my routine. It was just a basic Vizio 19" TV. Turns out replacing it is not going to be easy. Everything is bigger/better, has base too large to fit on my bookcase, or is much smaller with a DC adapter for car or RV. I thought I was going to breeze into Target and buy a TV just like the one that died and head home - I should have known better.

Anita, the 4th floor should be perfect! You should have a nice far view from your balcony and be high enough to catch some breeze. Also, too high for the mosquitos is a definate plus. Now you set on where you're going next and you have the time to pack and make good decisions on what to keep and what to get rid of. I'm living through you vicariously.

Hope Laura isn't melting.
Old 07-27-22, 09:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I got sucked into looking at vacation ideas. I'm still toying with the idea of the SC low country and islands in the area - Beaufort, Hilton Head, Edisto Island. If we could just find out when my MIL's surgery is, we could schedule something. The current theory is that this doctor is seeing my MIL's surgery as a short/easy procedure he could fit in between other longer ones and they aren't committing. They see it as something they can schedule last minute. I'm going to tell my SIL that if she can't get an answer the next time she calls, early next week, to give me his phone number and I'll get them to schedule it. I'm a bit more forceful than my in-laws.

Today just melted away. I went to the YMCA and got good exercise. I didn't see my parents. I imagine Mom was moving slowly this morning. I got some stuff done around the house - emptying the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen, washing a load of laundry, putting in a pick-up order at Walmart for tomorrow, etc. This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment and dropped in on the chiropractor. Oh, and this morning, I made an appointment to go to a law firm next Tuesday and do training in Word for about 7 people. They are switching from WordPerfect. I didn't even know WordPerfect still existed.

Today, we only had a high of 90 degrees, but the "feels like" temp was supposed to be around 105. It really was oppressive until it poured down rain this afternoon.

Paula - The gentler rains are complete downpours for a time with a little bit of thunder. The crashing storms include the downpours with crashing thunder and lightening and wind blowing. We aren't really seeing anything truly "gentle" at this point. We're just amazed that our exact area is getting rain after it missed us for so long. I'm sorry your TV went dead. Maybe online would give you more options than in-store? Best Buy MIGHT be somewhere that would give you more options in person. Good luck finding something.

Anita - The pizza I got was from Papa Murphy's. It's a small chain where you pick up the uncooked pizza and you cook it at home. I like pan pizzas and theirs is pretty good. Polly is the boss of this entire part of the neighborhood. She expects everyone to do what she wants them to do. She's continually disappointed, but she still expects it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 08:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Carcassonne, taking a walk in this gorgeous cool weather, and putzing around the garden today - I trimmed a bush and hauled a carload of branches to the compost pile yesterday. It's been so dry that a few of my plants haven't flowered this year . The grass isn't growing much but the weeds are, so it's been easier to pull the foot tall weeds than try to mow the crunchy grass. The chair I put on the curb was gone within a few hours - yay!

Paula, sorry about the loss of your TV - any possibility of finding a used one in the size you want at some of the Goodwill or equivalent stores? Online might be a better place to browse also. We've got a appliance recycling center that sells things that are easily fixable also. I'm happy about the next living area - I contacted a friend that is a realtor to give me some advice preparing my house for sale. It would be in about a year and a half, which would put me in midwinter - that would be hard to show off my gardens. Luckily I'll own both places for a while, so I can wait for spring to sell this house. I'll be taking lots of photos next year of my gardens each month.

Laura, how nice to be planning a vacation! Hope it works out with MIL health issues. Sounds like you had a very busy day! I'm using a freebie word processing app on my computer - not using Word any more - it's not something I need much these days. Eeeek on your heat! Mmmmmm Papa Murphy's - some friends staying with me would get that pizza and share it with me, but frankly, I haven't bought one in years.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-28-22, 08:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. I did a pick-up at Walmart this morning. I did some online investigation online about dishes this afternoon. DH needs something other than the heavy stoneware ones we have now and I wanted to see what the options are. I was supposed to have a training session this evening, but she cancelled again. She seems like a down-to-earth person who keeps her commitments and she assures me that this was the week from hell, so I guess we'll see what happens next seek. I'm about done with her if we have a repeat next week.

Anita - It might be worth it to put it on the market before spring hits there. You could post pictures of the gardens you take during blooming season to show what they look like. In DC, our real estate agent swore by the end of February / beginning of March. It would be interesting to see what a real estate agent would say there. It seems to be a different answer in different places.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shapring Day 17 Cardio followed by Yoga with Tim Yoga Stretch for Mobility.

It was a beautiful day so we flew to Catalina and hiked the airport loop trail.

Update on the TV, I ordered something on Amazon should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Fingers crossed it works out.

Laura, getting sucked into planning a vacation is a pleasant way to spend a day. I hope it works out for you two. I know how trying to schedule around other things can be a bear. Fun you're going in to a law firm to give training. Have you done anthing like that since you went out on your own? I did try Best Buy for the TV. I went to Target, Costco, and Best Buy. I guess the TV's people want now days are all larger, they didn't have anything smaller than 24". Glad it cooled off for you some.

Anita, glad it's cooled off where you are too. Getting advice from a realtor on how to present (or stage) your home is a really good idea. She should know what buyers are looking for. Is there an area near you where they have community gardens? After all these years of enjoying a garden you may want to have a small plot after you move. I know there's one near us where my neighbor had one for a long time. Good that chair went so fast - someone lucked out.
Old 07-29-22, 06:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC - likely turtles this morning. Afterwards, I'll take a nice walk and enjoy this cool weather - tomorrow things start heating back to the 90's and humidity returns. I've contacted a friend regarding selling my house - she's from circus but is a realtor also. Figured it would be good to get her input now before selling really becomes urgent.

Laura, good luck on the new dishes - I've seen some lighter ones, but like my heavy dishes. I've got 5 different colors of dishes so rotate through them by putting washed ones on the bottom - it makes lots of lifting... I'll see what the markets look like a year from now regarding the timing of the sale. I've got a lot of things that are put away in winter and not out there in the yard, but will stay with the house, so need my realtor's advice on how to sell things here.

Paula, hope your TV purchase works out well - find 19" again? I'm not interested in vegetable gardening which is done in the community gardens. I'll be moving to an area that has lots of deer so much will get chewed up by them out there. I don't know if there's some gardening groups that work in the park next to me - big Chinese garden there - I might join them helping out.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-29-22, 09:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workkout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 18 Moderate Weights plus a neighborhood walk with DH.

Baked two loaves of sourdough bread. I ran a few errands and my new TV arrived for speant the afternoon setting it up. Not as nice a TV as the one that died, the picture isn't as clear and the sound not as good but I think it will do for what I want to use it for. I just couldn't find what I wanted, as my DH loves to say "all change is bad".

Laura, we must have cross posted yesterday. I suggest Corelle dishes. They are light, strong, and come is a huge variety of patterns. We use the pasta bowls constantly. I must confess an affection for all things Corning Ware. One of my uncles was a research chemist at Corning. The research "kitchens" for Corning included the homes of employees and their relatives. We got to try out many of their newest additions - of course some on them didn't work out but mostly it was cool. Hope your trainee will work out eventually.

Anita, hope you had fun with the turtles. No I wasn't able to find a 19" TV. I found 24" everywhere and some 17" ones with horrible reviews. I ended up purchasing a 15" one that is intended for RV's and vans. It has a DC adapter which I doubt I'll ever use. I'm not much interested in growing vegetables either. DH says he is but whenever I suggest he try container gardening for tomatos or bush beans he always has a reason why he doesn't want to. So...he really isn't interestsed in growing vegetables either.
Old 07-30-22, 07:29 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today the heat begins to return and we'll have another hot and humid week ahead of us. This week has been a blessed break from the heat! Nothing officially planned for the day, but planning on taking a nice walk today. Laundry is a usual on Saturdays for me. Otherwise putzing around.

Paula, weird that the TV is a bit blurry - thought all HDTV monitors are now OK? Do you have a computer speaker you can plug into it to improve sound? Cool that you got to experiment with Corelle dishes. Gus would pee on anything above 6" tall, so that's why I didn't eat anything growing in my backyard . I might use a container on my balcony to grow some spices like parsley when I move.

Waves to all!

Anita