Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-22, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, is it getting any cooler where you are? Glad things are working out better with the new GP. Having a doctor you can trust and an office that will work with you is so important. I've been going to the same GP for over ten years because she listens and understands. I tried out both the backpack purses I bought and didn't like eithe one - one too small the other too large. I need a new idea to address the problem.

Vantreestra, you seem to know exactly how long you did each of the activities you list. Is this because it records on a FitBit or similar device? I've never had one, wonder if I'd like it? I imagine it is scary so many people getting pancreatic cancer from your home town. Is there screening you can do periodically to check for it? As Laura said, it seems there must be an environmental or genetic cause.

Anita, nice of you to go to the funeral to be there for your SIL. I definately think you should count gardening as exercise. All the mulch spreading you did was exercise for sure. Drive safe.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 02:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today, we've alternated between resting and getting stuff done. For some reason, we are both stiff and in some (me) to a lot (DH) of pain. There must be a low front coming through the area. Today is the hottest day yet with it projected to top out at 98 degrees with a "feels like" temp of 103-104. Ugh. We're hunkering down inside.

While I finished typing in the paragraph above, a storm hit. We've had lightening and thunder and a downpour of rain. We certainly need the rain. It feels like the heatwave has broken. Here's hoping that becomes a trend.

Anita - Thinking about you today. I hope things are going okay.

Paula - Yeah, once I find a doctor I like, I stick with them. I've seen this one recommended for neck/back pain. Good luck finding something that works for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 08:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. This morning's workout was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs, a neighborhood walk with DH and Yoga with Adriene - Neck, Shoulders, and Upper Back. The yoga is just a short practice I am hoping will help ease the pain I'm still having in my neck and shoulders.

Another perfectly beautiful day. DH went to the hangar and I got some stuff done around the house. Baked two loaves of zuchinni bread and cleaned my bathroom. Enjoyed getting outside and doing some gardening. Since I don't have much outside space, I don't think I can count gardening as exercise. After I just sat outside in the patio and enjoyed the day. A hummingbird came to one of the plants near where I was sitting and didn't seem at all afraid of me. It was nice seeing one up so close.

Laura, hope the storm did break the heat spell. Thanks for the recommendation for a backpack. I had looked at that one and rejected it because of the black lining. I can't find any color on this one where they don't put a black lining in it. I hate dark lining, you need a flash light to find anything small, or I shoud say, I need a flashlight to find anything small. I'm just too lazy to fight with that anymore - I've learned the hard way.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 10:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Paula, I've worn a Polar heart rate monitor for years and I wear a Garmin GPS one for outdoor workouts. And if I don't wear a monitor like for weeding and shoveling I write my start and stop times down. I don't know if there's any kind of screening for pancreatic cancer.

It stormed this morning and again tonight. I love it! I'm watching a Frankenstein movie.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote