Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-14, 07:31 AM  
flamingoo

Brazilian Butt Lift Question

So what do you all think makes this system to effective? Is it everything together or is one or two of the workouts that really stands out. Just wondering if adding the floor work would help or if I should try the entire system. Really struggling with lower half. Have been trying a few different things, but nothing is moving. At least my abs look great! HAHAHA
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 08:51 AM  
mle777

If you can acquire High & Tight and Bum Bum, I think those are the "meat and potatos" of this set

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 09:45 AM  
flamingoo

Funny enough I've had this set so many times and never have done it. Would you recommend alternating the two? Or would I be better off picking 2 or 3 days and doing them both the same day.
Old 06-28-14, 09:53 AM  
laurajhawk

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to do those two on the same day. You'll pre-exhaust the LB muscles and not get as much out of it. I would alternate OR take the BBL schedule (the "combo" rotation, it's toughest & most balanced) and then just sub whatever you like for strength (Sculpt), cardio (Cardio Axe), and abs (Tummy Tuck).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 10:53 AM  
mle777

You could probably add each one in just once a week (and mix in other workouts) and still see good results

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 10:54 AM  
flamingoo

Thank you! I'll give it a shot
Old 06-28-14, 11:02 AM  
PrairieGem

I got great results from just doing BumBum. I think it's a fantastic, *tough* cardio workout, and it's also a non-stop squat-fest and lunge-a-rama. I personally hated High & Tight and am not sure I ever made it through the whole workout (my disc was damaged, not increasing my love for it )... but while I was doing BumBum, I was also doing barre. The two complemented each other nicely.
Old 06-28-14, 11:08 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So what do you all think makes this system to effective? Is it everything together or is one or two of the workouts that really stands out. Just wondering if adding the floor work would help or if I should try the entire system. Really struggling with lower half. Have been trying a few different things, but nothing is moving. At least my abs look great! HAHAHA

Hmmm... I did a 4 week rotation and had good results. I didn't really do the full rotation--I modified quite a bit. I followed the format of one of the older rotations (one for decreasing overall size). This rotation did sometimes include two workouts in a day and had cardio every day. The cardio was either bum bum or Cardio Axe. My substitutions: I was doing another heavy lifting program so I did it instead of Sculpt (a couple days a week), sometimes I did Cardio Axe but at the time I was taking 4 live dance classes a week (2 Bollywood and 2 Samba) so if I had a dance class I skipped Cardio Axe. I did do Bum Bum and High and Tight whenever required--as I agree that is the main thing. Some people quite like Tummy Tuck--the strength rotation I did specified little direct ab work so I did it no more than once a week. I think if you get H&T and Bum Bum, you may be able to do fine if you can find the rotation online and use it as a structure. I do think there is something about the organized program (good mix of cardio, frequent toning without overdoing it, etc) as well as the content of the main workouts.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 11:14 AM  
slysam

Oh, this site has the calendars, I think I used "Slim and Lift" with modifications and possibly a little more cardio than required: http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...rkout-calendar
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 11:50 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
Oh, this site has the calendars, I think I used "Slim and Lift" with modifications and possibly a little more cardio than required: http://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-bu...rkout-calendar
Thank you I'll look into the calendars!

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, high and tight