Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-20, 09:45 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I've got a bit of DOMS from Perfect 30. I did MBF Week 1 Total Body Burn and started the Perfect 30 yoga but I was too dang tired and quit. I think I will like the yoga though. Another thing to note in the Perfect 30 workouts is there are no exercise demonstrations. I don't mind this as Cathe packs quite a bit of workout and exercises in 30 minutes. The more I do them the more familiar I will be. Also, with the workout blender if I wanted to, I could add an extra 5 to 10 second break.
I know I've asked this before, but what is MBF?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 10:24 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I think it is a Beachbody on demand workout. I thought someone mentioned it on here last week?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 01:59 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, it's Beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 08:27 PM  
angie_nrs

Yoga

Today I did the Upper body workout again and I liked it even more knowing what to expect and which weights to choose. A solid UB workout in 30 minutes.

After I was finished with the UB workout, I did the Yoga workout. Overall, I liked it and the spine stretches were awesome after doing the UB w/o. The only part I didn't care for was the side planks with leg lifts b/c it was really tweeky on my wrists. I'll try it again, but if it's still too much on my wrists, I'll just do a regular side plank and go with that. For the most part I thought it was more of a stretch type of workout than the Yoga I'm accustomed to. It'll be a nice low energy day workout that I'm glad to have in my collection.
Old 11-04-20, 05:27 PM  
Lori_Michigan

The Low Impact HIIT was actually enjoyable and quite doable in my opinion. I recognized the music from Cathe Live! (Side note: I think a lot of this workout was the recent Halloween Cathe Live perhaps?)

The Mobility Basics was kind of odd to me. I think I am spoiled by CS/Ess and the mobility work on Tracie Long's workouts. I felt this workout was a little disjointed and didn't flow as well as Tracie's mobility portions. I feel neither stretched nor strengthened by this one, and I usually feel both with Tracie's.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 06:11 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
The Mobility Basics was kind of odd to me. I think I am spoiled by CS/Ess and the mobility work on Tracie Long's workouts. I felt this workout was a little disjointed and didn't flow as well as Tracie's mobility portions. I feel neither stretched nor strengthened by this one, and I usually feel both with Tracie's.
I wish Tracie Long had a streaming website. I would join! I used to enjoy her workouts a lot!
Old 11-05-20, 07:48 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
The Low Impact HIIT was actually enjoyable and quite doable in my opinion. I recognized the music from Cathe Live! (Side note: I think a lot of this workout was the recent Halloween Cathe Live perhaps?)

HI Lori,
This was how I described Cathe's mobility also. I mentioned upthread. It didn't flow for me either. I have done other mobility workouts and they flow from move to move and this one didn't. If she does more in the future, hope she flows them better and they don't need to be long. I get a good mobility workout in 10 minutes.

I need to pull Tracies out again and do hers. I think I did it once and wasn't sure about it but now that I have done others I will need to do Tracie again.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 07:51 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I wish Tracie Long had a streaming website. I would join! I used to enjoy her workouts a lot!
Gigi, not sure if this is what your looking for but it is Tracie streaming

http://www.longtrainingstudios.com/n...p=80ac4zk8lqo8
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 08:11 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:

Yeah, the mobility workout didn't click at all with me. I need to try the yoga flow but I may be getting rid of this dvd.

I should know better. I am also spoiled with Essentrics.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 08:46 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think it is a Beachbody on demand workout. I thought someone mentioned it on here last week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Yes, it's Beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat.
Thanks! I'm sure I will forget again, so I'll tag this thread lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews