Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-12-21, 06:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
So ladies I just wanted to check-in with some bad news. Unfortunately a car driving on back country roads yesterday couldn’t slow down when a vehicle in front of it was making a turn and swerved into me head on. I was going about 35 mph and he was driving much faster than that. Air bags went off and everything. You know when you see something in slow mo and you can’t do anything about it. It was terrifying! I have a fractured C7 as well as multiple fractures in my right lower leg. It’s going to take multiple surgeries to fix my right leg / knee area. The C7 fracture doesn’t appear to be impeding on the spinal cord and the blood flow is OK. I have to wear a cervical collar for six weeks. Hopefully I can read your posts from time to time. But I’m out of commission for many many months. Visiting hours are quite limited with Covid so I thought I would post this quick note. You ladies always inspire me and I’m hoping to be back sooner rather than later.
OH MY WHAT?????? ChelePA! Goodness gracious....I am sending every positive thought and healing wish I can your way. You are strong and fierce and I know you'll heal up sooner rather than later. Hang in there, we're all here for you! HUGGGGGS!!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 06:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
So ladies I just wanted to check-in with some bad news. Unfortunately a car driving on back country roads yesterday couldn’t slow down when a vehicle in front of it was making a turn and swerved into me head on. I was going about 35 mph and he was driving much faster than that. Air bags went off and everything. You know when you see something in slow mo and you can’t do anything about it. It was terrifying! I have a fractured C7 as well as multiple fractures in my right lower leg. It’s going to take multiple surgeries to fix my right leg / knee area. The C7 fracture doesn’t appear to be impeding on the spinal cord and the blood flow is OK. I have to wear a cervical collar for six weeks. Hopefully I can read your posts from time to time. But I’m out of commission for many many months. Visiting hours are quite limited with Covid so I thought I would post this quick note. You ladies always inspire me and I’m hoping to be back sooner rather than later.
ChelePA I am so grateful to read that you are able to post!! Please know I will be heartily praying for you!! Update us when you can

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:08 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Oh, ChelePA I am SO SORRY!!! BIG HUGS and LOTS of prayer being sent your way!! I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling, emotionally and physically. How horribly frightening! I am so glad you posted to let us know. You are going to come out of this more fierce than ever!! Keep checking in when you can/feel like it to let us know how you are coming along. We are here for you and will keep cheering you on!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:16 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I was gasping out loud reading your post. I am so, so, so sorry. I will most definitely be praying for your recovery and hoping that you are not in too much pain. I can’t even believe this happened. Thank you for letting us know. We love you and want you to be ok.
Old 05-12-21, 07:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, oh my!!! So very sorry this happened to you and how scary! You've certainly had more than your share of challenges! Sending prayers and hugs your way. Thanks for checking in and letting us know as we would be concerned if you weren't posting regularly. Take care of yourself, check in when you can, and please know your Watulan friends are thinking of you!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 08:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So that Chele will have something to read as she recovers, here is my workout update.

Today was Lower Body Blast and it is tough but a really good workout! I liked the format with her mixing in cardio "blasts" periodically as it helped to keep my heartrate up. I wish she would have said what barbell weight she used as a gauge but I think I chose enough to make it challenging for all the reps in the exercises. At this point in the rotation I feel that I've gotten tighter in the legs/glutes but don't know that my bottom has yet reached rock status.

I forgot to mention that my essentially inactive DH is now riding his bicycle again around the neighborhood. He does this on his non-PT days probably 3 to 4 times a week and has been enjoying it. Not sure if he will keep it up when it gets hot here but I'm encouraged. Oh, and one day I was doing the cool down/stretch with Cathe and we both were doing a hamstring stretch at the same time! Normally I let him do his thing privately but I wasn't finished with my workout yet so I offered to share the room with him so I got to see the exercises he was assigned.

Kate, the Crazy Smiling Woman is in the clip for the download of Cathe Live #233, so you can take a look. She is behind Cathe on her right, the viewer's left as you look. I haven't done #233 so I don't know if she would distract me during the whole workout. She is an enthusiastic participant for sure!

manley, our ferals co-exist with the ducks, raccoons, squirrels and possums. The cats are well fed and getting older so I don't think it's worth the effort to wake up from a cozy nap to chase them. Occasionally we see them eat at the dishes at the same time!

bee, I am watching the two tomatoes we have growing like a hawk. Why does it take so darn long for the first ones to grow and ripen??? There are flowers on both plants, but only the two fruit so far. Then again, our temps have dropped into the 50s so it's unlikely we'll get new tomatoes until it warms up again in the next few days. The beans are still doing very well.

FOLV, like bee, I also thought about you when I saw Cathe's outfit in Lower Body Blast. She wears orange and blue in one of the 4DS workouts too---one of the step ones I think?

Waves to all and Chele, hang in there.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 08:11 PM  
Mickey12

I also did Cathe’s lower body blast tonight. I was thinking of Linda too with those orange and blue outfits. I love that color combination. I did about half of the standing portion then did the floor work and stretch. That was ENOUGH for me. Yikes, that workout is hard!

My jury duty is over. We found the defendant guilty. I am exempt from serving for a while although I do know specifically for how long. I was back to work today and my usual routine.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 05-12-21, 10:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Chele!! I was also gasping aloud when reading your post. I am so sorry this happened to you! Yes, you know we will all be thinking of you and rooting for you. You are strong and healthy and should heal as quickly as possible. Sending you big hugs and healing thoughts.
Old 05-13-21, 09:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Kim, hurray for a fairly short jury duty!! Back to normal, eh?

cataddict, I'm impressed you already have some fruits on your tomatoes -- none here yet. Our weather has been pretty crazy with some hot days and then not so hot. Oh, yes, you're right.... 4DS does have orange and blue and I think it is one of the step ones. I remember the brown outfits from 4DS also.

Since I screwed up and did Ramped the day I was supposed to do Perfect Pump Upper, today I did PPU. That's a great workout for 30 minutes, too. And I was pressed for time, so it was indeed "Perfect".

Things seem so busy for me lately..... I'm a bit overwhelmed!!

Chele, thought about you a lot today. Sending hugs...... xox
Old 05-14-21, 05:44 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Oh Chele, I'm so sorry! I'm without words. I'm sending you hugs and healing thoughts. Thanks for letting us know. If you can, keep us posted.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in