Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-21, 03:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

A further modification of MBFA. The Power Ignite day is going the way (away) of cardio abs. I previewed it, and it lost me on the first move after the warmup: 4 rounds of squat to upright rows. That's a shoulder-killer for me. Then there were weird pushups to child's pose continuo, and squat jumps, and bear hops, knee-killers. Nuh-uh.

I'm in it for the normal weight lifting and enjoy that for the 3 days every week, and the recovery day. Rest of the week, 3 days, I'll sub Pilates, yoga, or barre.

Need to make pancakes that'll be picked up this afternoon. Cheddar bacon from a marvelous book that I got from amazon. The title is Pancakes. I always use turkey bacon made by Butterball. Until yesterday I had seen it only at Grocery Outlet. You'd think that Butterball, well known for turkey, would have a greater distribution. Saw it yesterday at Walmart! Yay. I have tried all the other brands of turkey bacon but nothing else suits me. The Butterball turkey bacon can get crispy, which is how I like it.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 06:32 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Heather upper body strength workout. Very excited because Heather just announced a six-week low impact curated program. It may be mostly workouts she's released in the past, but definitely with new ones too. She started off today by releasing a new low impact cardio for the first in the series. But I needed to do upper body today.

Cynthia, the title "Pancakes" says it all, I guess, lol. I usually don't like turkey bacon because it is too hard to chew and too salty. I bet if I had an air fryer or something it would be better.

Diana, great news about the pain going down. I wonder if that med would help my dad. He's been in a lot of pain lately.

Lynn, glad you got your internet back on. That is very frustrating! Funny that we rely so much on something that we did not even have in the past.
Old 05-08-21, 07:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, the Butterball bacon is low sodium and not hard to chew. Not at al like other turkey bacon. I cook it in the microwave. The recipe says to dice the bacon, but I crumbled it with my fingers.

After my friends picked up their pancakes, I realized it was that rarity around here, a room-temperature day, no jacket needed. I was notified that the latest Maisie Dobbs book was ready for me to pick up, so I drove to Monterey and walked downtown for a half hour and to the library. It was windy, but even the wind wasn't chilly.

I'll do some yoga or Pilates closer to bedtime.

DD has to work tomorrow, so no brunch out. She asked me if I wanted anything, and aside from a pre-paid vacation to the Bahamas I couldn't think of anything at first. Then I asked her to bring dinner home from her grocery. They have a hot foods section in the meat dept. Their Easter dinner was restaurant-quality. I'm sure they'll have something nice. And I won't have to cook.
Old 05-09-21, 03:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy Mother's Day! DD works on Sundays, so I won't get brunch, but she's bringing dinner home, yay!

Today is the recovery workout, which I'll do at bedtime.
Old 05-10-21, 01:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

MBFA, week 2

Lower body day. With most programs, my glutes don't feel worked. They're nowhere near picture-perfect but are very strong. They got a workout today. I used mainly 15's.
Old 05-10-21, 07:59 PM  
lynnf

Jessica 18 minute strength time save workout and my yoga teacher shoulder workout on tape. Still a bit stuck on the shoulder range of motion, though less pain.

Cynthia, hope you had a nice mothers day with your DD. We had a zoom celebration with DS, since it is also around his birthday.

Cheryl, also hoping you had a good mother's day. Glad you have a new set of workouts to do.

Diana, hope you are enjoying your trip.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 02:51 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Unplanned rest day, due to surprise tummy-ache etc.
Old 05-11-21, 03:53 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes and Jessicas Gentle yoga.

Cynthia, hope your tummy feels better soon.

Cheryl, I haven't looked at Heather Robertson before, but did yesterday and she looks good. I was thinking of doing some of her weight training instead of Jessica. Any tips?

Waves to Diana.
Old 05-11-21, 10:50 PM  
seabliss

Belated Happy Mother's Day! I just walked (an indoor and outdoor walk) on Mother's Day, and then I took an outdoor walk today. But today I did a new Heather workout: Legs and Booty Workout/No Equipment, which I loved. It was no repeats, but also no breaks. 30-second intervals. Only two jumping intervals: jump squats for one and reverse lunge jump squat for the other. I will be doing this one again for sure. I like to do a mixture of weighted and bodyweight for lower body. I think it's good to mix things up.

Cynthia, 15s are good! It's good to feel worked somewhat. Also good not to cook on Mother's Day. That was my big ask, and my family gave it to me.

Diana, I hope you're having a great time in the mountains!

Lynn, Heather is great. Her workouts vary from challenging to doable (based on the weights she uses, which I match almost always). The total body strength workouts are harder most of the time, but if you pick low impact, they are not as bad. Sometimes in her dumbbell workouts she sneaks the hardest move right at the end of a circuit, but then you get a rest. I also like her kickboxing workouts, because the pace is steady and never rushed, and no crazy patterns. I go on her Youtube and search for "upper body" or "lower body" etc. and choose a workout. she puts the weights she uses in the description. Some of the "leg day" workouts are pretty hard with her weights, if she's using really heavy, but you can always go lighter. I can give you more specific workouts that I like if you want! Now I am spoiled and it's hard to go to chattery workouts, lol.
Old 05-12-21, 09:46 AM  
lynnf

Cheryl, thanks for the info. Based on your suggestions I did the Upper Body Strength workout with dumbbells 23 minutes. It had 4 circuits of 2 exercises repeated 3X through. It took a bit to get used to the lack of talking and I was a bit confused about how she would use the weights (I thought she might drop down weights in the sets maybe -- she didn't). Also I was intimidated by the 25 lb weights as I don't even own a set of 25 lb dumbbells. But it turned out that she only used one for pull-overs and I could use my 25 lb kettlebell for that. Anyway I really enjoyed the workout. It's really nice not to have the talking and counting for weight workouts because you can set your pace and you can manage your own weight choices. I was able to use her weight levels most of the time, except for lateral shoulder raises (had to go much lower with the shoulder injury, though presses are no problem), and I accidently went higher for rows. Which was not a problem. And the music is really nice. So next I will try a lower body one. Any suggestions?