Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-03-21, 06:55 AM  
Mickey12

Just a quick pop in to say Horusosiris I ordered both band sets and two DVDs from Cathe. Like ChelePA I like having the same equipment as Cathe and I don’t have anything similar to these bands.
Old 05-03-21, 07:49 AM  
ChelePA

So my legs were sore and tired this morning. Not sure if Cathe’s workouts are catching up with me or the hills Winston and I conquered yesterday. I chose the X52 premix with low impact, cardio blast and fat burning workouts. It kicked my butt. I was wiped at the end. And I needed to drop weight significantly with that bicep-shoulder press combo in the fat burning routine. I used 6 pound dumbbells and I felt quite challenged. Winston’s walks today may have to stay on flat roads. Ha ha.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 09:38 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
So my legs were sore and tired this morning. Not sure if Cathe’s workouts are catching up with me or the hills Winston and I conquered yesterday. I chose the X52 premix with low impact, cardio blast and fat burning workouts. It kicked my butt. I was wiped at the end. And I needed to drop weight significantly with that bicep-shoulder press combo in the fat burning routine. I used 6 pound dumbbells and I felt quite challenged. Winston’s walks today may have to stay on flat roads. Ha ha.
Chel- Yes. This is such a good workout. I did the same premix this morning. The workout was a bit shoulder intensive (like many Cathe workouts). There were a few exercise in which Cathe did not use weight but I added weight. I started with a light weighted vest for the cardio blast segment but took it off after the first two exercises!

Every since X-10 was released, I wondered why she named it X-10 because nothing is ten minutes. When she advertised this workout, she said that it would feature ten minute segments. Oh well...

Cataddict- CTX has good chapter markers so you can mix and match the chapters. I often use it utilizing the chapter markers. 2Lazy4Gym gives a synopsis on how to use CTX with the chapter markers that Cathe has included in the workout. https://2lazy4gym.com/2012/11/11/cat...train-express/

Okay, I guess I will order the Cathe bands and the DVDs.

Off to get some work done. Have a wonderful day today.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Attention Watulan enablers...me and ChelePA pinkie swear we're getting the RWH legs DVD.. we're just waiting on a daily deal..ok?

ChelePA I can see this rotation of Cathe's catching up with folks. My BBW was different than hers on top of my video choices being different.

cataddict living up to your FN moniker I see? I'll cheer while you Go GET it!

horusosiris I am getting both loops and bands as well as the DVDs from Cathe. I don't like paying shipping but I hate buying poor quality more. (Also, there's an ORANGE loop and band )

Waving while lunging this week to Kim, kittybug, Kate, lavna, Garrie and bee!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 10:35 AM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=horusosiris;2924236]Chel- Yes. This is such a good workout. I did the same premix this morning. The workout was a bit shoulder intensive (like many Cathe workouts). There were a few exercise in which Cathe did not use weight but I added weight. I started with a light weighted vest for the cardio blast segment but took it off after the first two exercises!

Every since X-10 was released, I wondered why she named it X-10 because nothing is ten minutes. When she advertised this workout, she said that it would feature ten minute segments. Oh well...

I agree the title doesn’t make sense. Haha. I can’t even imagine trying to add more intensity to this series. I think it’s tough stuff!
Old 05-03-21, 03:27 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I still haven't ordered Cathe's new series. You ladies have me thinking of possibly adding RWH Lift It HIIT It Legs. What did you think of the lower body circuit or low impact routines in this series? I have Plyo 1 and 2 plus the Upper Body Circuit.
I don't use the LB circuit very often. The music in the first interval annoys me and I just didn't click with the workout. As for the Low impact ones, I don't do them very often. They're OK but there are other workouts I prefer.

HTH
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 06:53 PM  
manleym

Hi All!

Quick check in. We're under a tornado warning (no bad weather yet - just on the news and kinda dark outside) so I'm gonna be quick. But I do have my priorities and I'm gonna post my workout for today and will be back later to catch up on posts.

I started Cathe's RB2 week 2 with Ripped With HiiT – HiiT Circuit Upper Body. I know it was supposed to be X10, but I'm changing up the order of when I do each workout. GREAT workout! I followed it with 100 unweighted walking lunges total. I haven't decided how I want to do the BBW/lunges, so I did what I wanted to do today. And it was 100 total unweighted lunges. HA!

Congrats to all of you who finished RB2 week 1 last week! I agree that I could feel it. Definitely back to "Kill Me Cathe". Hope this week will be a little "easier" since we've had a week of Cathe, but who am I kidding?? It's NOT going to get easier.

Look forward to reading how ya'll are doing to do those 200 weighted walking lunges!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 07:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy (not for me) Monday, Watulans!

Quick post as I'm under the gun AGAIN, oye vey!

So Friday I did the Isometric Flow Plus One (or something like that) with Byron De Marse on ID and wow, I love him! He's got an Eoin vibe to me and the class was simply excellent! I'll definitely check out more of his stuff.

Sunday was Ramped Up Upper Body plus abs where I finally got to match Cathe's weights because I have my 30's, yay...um, and I am SORE today, Watulans, so SORE!! That is a killer workout!

So today I hit the lower body with LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower, the 'double-it' premix that basically does the entire workout twice. I think it had 11ty-two million exercises for lower body total, and I went heavier than Cathe so I fear I'll be walking funny tomorrow. OUCH! Definitely a high rep burner! Oh, but their outfits made me think of FOLV the entire time with the awesome orange and blue, hah hah hah!!!!!

Okay, hope to catch up more later. You all are ROCKING your workouts, especially you Rock Bottom Queens!! I still haven't preordered because CTX hasn't yet been a daily deal...I'll patiently wait for now.

Stay fierce!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Today I started Week 2 of the Rock Bottom rotation with X10. I did the low impact, then hi/lo, then the cardio blast, then the step segment in that order. It's my own "premix." Now, before you all get too impressed, this was a "no burpee" premix meaning I didn't do em, and it was a stepless version of the step workout. I must admit that I didn't particularly enjoy this workout. It annoyed me that it's supposed to be 10 minutes each (and she even says so in the introduction!) and that segments that "should" be strictly cardio IMHO throw in weights. I might be alone, but I don't get an elevated heartrate from holding 8 pound weights even doing compound exercises. And I changed the shoulder presses to bicep curls since the shoulder work is repeated in too many segments. And I silenced the vocals for the music since the fake lyrics annoy me to no end. So the bottom line is I changed and modified X10 to suit me.

And I need the rest day that comes tomorrow!!!

Nathalie, I'm going to have to listen to the music from the RWH Lower Body Circuit since I'm now curious. I can't remember any of it annoying me, but it could be it was a short enough song that I just went through it.

FOLV, I think you are right that the rotation is gonna catch up to us Rock Bottom girls. I was pretty tired today but pushed through X10 since I knew I would have a rest day tomorrow. Then I looked at the offerings for Week 2 and yow. I'm taking it one day at a time!

manley, hope there were no tornadoes in your area! We rarely get even a warning here but as DH is from St Louis he grew up with those type of storms and it really makes him nervous (and rightly so). I haven't decided how I will do those walking lunges. I can't see doing 200 of them at one time---much too hard on my knees.

Chele, I definitely think Cathe is harder than Heather for sure. Even Cathe's "intermediate" is harder than her "HiiT" IMHO. I can see creating a rotation for myself that would include Cathe and Heather with maybe some Anna thrown in for good measure. Hmmm. First I have to survive the Rock Bottom rotation!!

FN1, hang in there! Glad you are doing the workouts that you want to do rather than "making" yourself do the Rock Bottom rotation. That rotation will still be there when you aren't so crazy busy. And you all are making me curious about Ramped up Upper Body since I haven't done it in quite awhile and it's getting paws up from so many Watulans!

Waves to all! Hope the 500 error issue is resolved!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 08:53 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...I laughed at your post about X10. We are complete opposites on this one. For all the reasons you dislike it are the many reasons I love it. I really enjoy the music. Sound alikes don’t bother me. I actually feel more motivated knowing the music. Also 8 pound dumbbells get my heart rate up nicely. Plus I like that most of the workouts combine cardio and weights. This is my preferred method. X10 was definitely the wrong title for this one. A rotation combining Heather, Anna, and Cathe would be a nice mix.

Tags
watulan check-in