Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-21, 12:15 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I got the second dose of Pfizer on Monday and my worst reaction was fatigue. I also had mild chills. A lingering reaction I'm having is swollen lymph nodes in the armpit on the side where I got the shot. It's not bad and is slowly getting better, but I'm not going to exercise until that resolves.
Old 04-29-21, 01:10 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I got the second dose of Pfizer on Monday and my worst reaction was fatigue. I also had mild chills. A lingering reaction I'm having is swollen lymph nodes in the armpit on the side where I got the shot. It's not bad and is slowly getting better, but I'm not going to exercise until that resolves.
What was your reaction to the first dose?
Old 04-29-21, 06:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
What was your reaction to the first dose?
My only reaction to the first dose was a sore arm for a couple of days.
Old 04-30-21, 12:53 PM  
Shelbygirl

I received my first shot of Moderna several weeks ago. I had the usual stiff and painful arm for a couple days, starting almost immediately. About a week after the shot, I also developed very painful swelling in my armpit area (on the side where I got the shot). It took a full two weeks for the problem to diminish.

My second shot is next week. I think I'm going to have it done in the other arm, to give the sore side a break.

Shelbygirl
Old 04-30-21, 01:21 PM  
Erica H.

DH got his second dose of Moderna yesterday morning. He has reactions to all vaccines. He started feeling chilled and tired last night with stomach upset. During the night, he became very nauseated and developed a fever. The nausea has eased up a little but he still has terrible chills and his stomach is bothering him. He also has body aches and fatigue. Tylenol has been taking the edge off, but he's still pretty miserable.

Erica
Old 04-30-21, 01:58 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
DH got his second dose of Moderna yesterday morning. He has reactions to all vaccines. He started feeling chilled and tired last night with stomach upset. During the night, he became very nauseated and developed a fever. The nausea has eased up a little but he still has terrible chills and his stomach is bothering him. He also has body aches and fatigue. Tylenol has been taking the edge off, but he's still pretty miserable.

Erica
Erica, I am so sorry your husband is feeling so badly. I hope he feels better soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-30-21, 02:42 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Erica, I am so sorry your husband is feeling so badly. I hope he feels better soon.
Thank you, Sherry!

Erica
Old 04-30-21, 05:09 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Erica
Sounds familiar, except I didn't have the fever or nausea and I usually don't have this kind of reaction to any other vaccines (other than a sore arm). My husband gets #2 on Monday. Hope your husband feels better soon.
Old 04-30-21, 05:14 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Sounds familiar, except I didn't have the fever or nausea and I usually don't have this kind of reaction to any other vaccines (other than a sore arm). My husband gets #2 on Monday. Hope your husband feels better soon.
Thank you! He's perked up a lot so I think he's well over the worst of it. The chills were so bad that he couldn't use his computer mouse because he couldn't keep it from shaking. Of course, he had a work emergency and had to work all day. I don't know how he did it.

Good luck to your husband!

Erica
Old 05-01-21, 10:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH had his second shot yesterday. They actually called him and said he could come in early. I guess some folks are skipping their second shots and there were cancellations and no-shows. Sigh...

Anyway, he only had a sore arm and is out doing his usual chores as per normal today.

POSTURE CHECK!
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines