Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-27-21, 06:20 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
ChelePA Lift it HIIT it Legs is one of my FAVORITE workouts and actually like it better than Cardio Leg Blast.
I totally agree. It packs a lot in 30 minutes!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 07:04 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I totally agree. It packs a lot in 30 minutes!
Ok well do you "need" it more than the RWH Lower?

P.S. who else woke up with sore glutes today ??

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 08:44 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Yes I was surprised that I had some soreness today too.

Cardio Leg Blast this morning!!! This is the one that started my love of Cathe. I still remember barely making it though the warm-up. I was so surprised since I was somewhat active at the time. I only had 3 and 5 pound dumbbells also. I now own up to 25 pounds because of this DVD. I remember feeling so accomplished once I could finish the routine without modifications. To this day, it still challenges me. Definitely my favorite lower body cardio/weight mix. I think the stretch is excellent too.

Now you ladies are peaking my interest with Lift It HIIT It Legs. It sounds like one I would really enjoy! I am definitely going to preview this workout and see if I want to add it once the presale starts. Maybe a little hint for Mother's Day...haha. Although my daughter is excellent at choosing presents. She knows me well I've gotten many Cathe gifts from her.

We are expecting sunshine again today. Yay! Goodbye wind and cold!
Happy Tuesday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 10:40 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

ME ME ME yesterday AND today! I'm not joining you all for the Rock Bottom Rotation yet as I simply haven't figured out how to swing it the way I want, and I'm terribly stressed busy these days! But here's what I've done for the last....um, well, since I posted last:

Two Mondays ago: Pyramid Upper (Intensity series) which never gets easier!
Tues: Inner Dimension Level up 108 Detox
Weds: Cathe Hardcore Extreme Interval Blast Plus Legs (HOLY MOLY)
Thurs: Cathe Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp plus abs
Fri: Level Up 108 Flexibility (MMMMMM!!)
Sat: Um....???
Sun: Cathe LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body Total Body Workout + 6 Pk abs #2...and the Pyramid Lower portion of this is why my poor lower body hurts so bad! LITE weight work is totally underrated, IMHO!
Mon: Cathe Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam plus abs

Today is yoga with maybe Lauren, don't know yet.

I am reading and loving all of your posts and want to catch up more but will have to wait on that...but I'm still here! Waves all the way around! Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 10:44 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

Now you ladies are peaking my interest with Lift It HIIT It Legs. It sounds like one I would really enjoy! I am definitely going to preview this workout and see if I want to add it once the presale starts.
I did RWH Lift It, Hiit It Legs today. I did the premix that adds in the bonus AB segments after each leg/cardio segment. I think this is the first time I have done this premix and I liked it.
Generally, when workouts add on Abs to the end of the workout, I do not give it my all. It almost seems as though Abs were an after thought rather than comprising an integral part of the workout.

I had to add on the stretch because this premix does not have a stretch.

Are you doing Cathe's Rock Bottoms I or Rock Bottoms II (April 2021 rotation

Enjoy your day today.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 11:00 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

manleym, congrats on finishing the Heather rotation! Way to go! I also appreciated your notes on the workouts as you went through them.

So we're talking being sore from Perfect HIIT plus the weighted lunges? I was sore yesterday from the kettlebell workout of the previous day, so then with yesterday on top, yes, I was sore this morning and thought "is it really time for a legs day?" But I did Lift it Hiit It Legs. I also really like this one -- I'm always a fan of contrast training, whatever it gets called. I may have had to short a few reps here and there!! For those of you considering it, just note that the workout is only about 40 minutes -- I think that's great, but I know some of you like longer. There are premixes of course. Chele, you've got me wanting to revisit Cardio Leg Blast!

horusosiris, nice to see you! We are doing an updated Rock Bottoms rotation -- yes, the April 2021 one. I wish she had put "updated Rock Bottoms" in the title of that thread, but whatever..... that's it! I originally thought it didn't have that much variety but as I was reviewing it again last night I really like the looks of it.

Oh, fun to have Al in the mix this morning, too! They all looked like they were having fun on this one somehow.

kittybug, so sorry to hear you're in the midst of such stress! Good for you for keeping up with the workouts!

cataddict, I'm a little nervous that we haven't heard from you -- hope everything is ok!!

Waves to Nathalie, Kim, Kate, Linda, Gary and any lurkers I've missed.
Old 04-27-21, 11:13 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, another big plus (to me) for Lift It Hiit It Legs is no special equipment required -- just weights. I love that!

And Linda, I did not notice the bloopers yesterday. I was apparently busy enough with my own bloopers trying to get through the workout.
Old 04-27-21, 02:30 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Watulan Friends!

Yesterday I did Perfect HiiT High Impact + Bonus Pyramid + Extended Stretch. It was just what I needed. I liked the moves and the sequencing/order of them. I liked the length of each blast. There was no dread with this workout as there is with some others. And no endless amount of any one exercise, which was nice. I didn't do the alternating rear lunges because I'm going to add that to the Pyramid Upper Body workout. So I'm tweaking the rotation to make it work for me. I think I'm going to add the BBW to the upper body workouts, or to a kickbox/low impact workout. And I'm keeping my Thursdays open to see what LIVE Cathe will be doing. So basically I'm looking at each weeks workouts, deciding which ones I want to do (most of them) and plugging them into my schedule for the days that work best for me.

Funny on me - when I put in the dvd yesterday it took me a few minutes to remember how to work the DVD player! I've been doing online/streaming workouts so much I haven't used the dvd player and was trying to use the TV remote to start the workout. HA!

BTW, has anyone noticed that there are 200 walking lunges in weeks 2 & 3?!?! YIKES!! Since this week starts with 50, I might increase to 100 next week (week 2), then 150 for week 3, and 200 (AYKM!!!) for week 4. I'm not sure I can or want to jump from 50 to 200 reps within a week.

FOLV I missed Cathe's blunders. I'll have to pay attention next time. And YAY for your progress! You go girlfriend!!

ChelePA hope we've convinced you and FOLV to consider RWH Legs. I would recommend RWH Legs and Upper Body Circuit if you don't have them. But all of the RWH workouts are great - those are just my 2 favorites and go-to's out of this series.

Horusosiris how funny that you've done 2 of the workouts in this rotation! Yes, great minds! I'm doing RWH Legs today and may look at the premix you did. I typically like doing abs at the end of the workout so as not to lose momentum, etc. but like you I probably don't give it my all since I'm tired. Plus I get kinda lazy with getting up and down off the floor during a workout. Thanks for the reminder that the stretch isn't added on, even though I think it says that it is. Can't remember if it's this workout or a different one, but the premix says the stretch is added on, but it isn't.

Kittybug glad you popped in to say hi and gave an update. I'm sorry things are so stressful and hope things calm down soon. Virtual hug! Sounds like you are still rockin' the workouts. You've done some of the workouts in this rotation too, so you kinda are doing part of the rotation. Just the Kittybug version. And yes, Travis's Level Up 108 Flexibility is YUM!!

Bee I also love that the only equipment for RWH Legs is weights. It makes it an easy go to. I used to do this workout quite often when I needed a great workout, with minimal equipment, in a reasonable (under an hour) amount of time. I like contrast training too. Nice change of pace.

I also get worried when one of us hasn't posted in awhile. Just want to make sure all of our Fierce Watulan Friends are ok.

Cataddict I hope your leg is better. And Kim I hope things are good with you. Haven't seen you post recently.

Oops! Lost track of time and gotta run! Hope all are well! Back later!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 04:50 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym... you are really trying to enable me. I do have upper body circuit and love it!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 05:08 PM  
Mickey12

Ok, Watulans, you inspired me to also do RWH Lift it Hiit it Legs. I love that it clocks in at 40 minutes. I love the mix of weights and plyo alternating, genius! I love that Cathe takes LONGER breaks as the workout progresses. Good stuff! I really like the angel jacks (I think that's what they're called) but boy, I can only do a few of them.

Yesterday I did an oldie but a really goodie. Christie Taylor's Happy Hour Hi/lo. OMG, so much fun!! I normally like the jumping, but this time I modified to almost all low impact. The music is great (of course) and the moves are easy to grasp and so stinking fun.

Horusosiris I have watched two parts of the three part Hemingway special. I was completely fascinated by the first section, less so with the second section since it dealt so much with his hunting and ocean fishing. I'm such an animal lover that it was unsettling to see so much senseless killing. I have never read any of his books, but I did see the movie "A Farewell to Arms" with Gary Cooper. Thanks for mentioning it. I am enjoying it.

Manley funny story about using the TV remote to operate the DVD player. That's totally something I do all the time. I forget that I need the TV remote for the volume and the DVD remote for everything else.

Linda kudos to you on your Queen reference in the Rock Bottom Girls mention. You're so funny!

I'm fully vaccinated now and feel so happy. I want to move on with life. I feel like we're moving in the right direction.

It's pretty warm and beautifully sunny here. Got out for a quick walk at lunch.

Tomorrow my husband is getting a tooth pulled so I'm taking the day off to drive him. He's not getting put under, but it was a good excuse for a day off for me and it's going to be gorgeous tomorrow too so it will be nice to be off work.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Tags
watulan check-in