Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-21-21, 02:55 PM  
manleym

Ok, hope to catch up now.

I'm also excited about a new Downton Abbey movie! I had no idea! Like most of ya'll, the move was good, but not nearly as good as the series.

I've added one of the programs Kim recommended, and tried to add the other one but Passport only has the last season and I have to pay for it on Prime. I wish Passport would make all of the seasons available for every show. We've ran into this before. Might be able to only watch certain seasons.

I don't do my grocery shopping online. I want to be able to pick out my own fruits and veggies. I actually love grocery shopping and go to 3 (sometimes 4) different stores. Thankfully they are all fairly close so it's not out of the way. We buy certain items at certain stores and have our routine down. We go early to avoid the crowds.

Bee my hubby doesn't like how Travis talks either. Must be a guy thing. Funny about your son's comment regarding Emily talking so much. There are times (even with Travis) when I think the same thing. He might like 5 Parks Yoga on Youtube. She's not too chatty and has some really good practices. I've been reading the Dream Body thread too. Curious as to other workouts similar to it. Might want to try them (not DB - think it would be too fast.) And Total Body Giant Sets is one of my FAVS!!! Funny about using 2 different sized weights. Did one side feel more pumped than the other?

Hubby got to go to the new Ranger's Stadium Saturday for a game. His buddy has tickets and they have access to some club where they can eat good food (prime rib, etc.) in addition to ball park food, so it was nice. Food was just ok though. He said the game wasn't good (Ranger's lost) but he had a great time at the Ballpark. He did say there wasn't as much leg room as he would have liked but at least these seats don't melt your thighs to it like the last stadium. Those seats were brutal!

Finally found the One Burp Zero Lunches comment by KateTT. That is so weird to me. I've read that Bryan is "not shy" and one either really likes him or just doesn't.

Ok, back later friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 07:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Today I did Heather's Power Hour and yes, Chele and manley, I liked it a lot---my favorite of the few Heather workouts I have done!! It wasn't too intense, good variety---I even made it through the various versions of push ups. I did have to modify the high knees and the jump back into mountain climbers as I could see my dr. saying "no high impact" and these were too much. I may have to try that Pop workout too.

My calf feels a lot better after 24 hours of the med. However, I also have an upset stomach which I'm pretty sure is the med. Ibuprofen upsets my stomach as well. Anyway I'm glad the med is working and will put up with the side effect since I'm only on it for 5 days. I do know that the reduced inflammation doesn't mean there isn't a clot, but I'm encouraged nonetheless. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted once I get an appointment for the ultrasound.

The good news is that DH is now out of the boot and in an ankle brace! He is much more comfortable. He is supposed to go for physical therapy for four weeks and then should be, allegedly, good as new. Oh, and the "floating chip" floats no more as it is now once again part of the bone.

manleym, we watched Downton Abbey on Peacock for free. Apparently PBS has to purchase/pay for digital rights to the shows on Passport, even if they aired there originally. We've run into the same issue you have---and we don't want to watch season 3-5 of a series if season 1 and 2 aren't available. I think Endeavor is one of those shows that we missed the first time around and not all years are on Passport. Fortunately there are so many shows for us to watch it's not too big a deal if we miss one. Oh, and on one trip to see the Cardinals play in St Louis we got tickets to the "Redbird Club" which sounds similar to what your husband described. It was nice since it was unseasonably cold and we could duck inside to warm up when we needed to plus the bathrooms were cleaner and not as busy! The food wasn't really memorable but it was okay.

bee, we've been looking for options for watching the first Downton movie as well. We were hoping to watch it for free because, well, we are cheap , but I can't see that happening. I appreciate you letting me know how your ultrasound went and it makes sense that they wouldn't let you leave if they found something bad. And LOL that you were working with two different weights! None of my weight pairs resemble each other so I don't have that problem which is a good thing since I could definitely see myself doing what you did!

Chele, bummer that the tooth repair didn't hold! It's weird going to the dentist now with the pandemic precautions (mine had this fan type contraption that blew my breath from my mouth into a direction away from the dentist).

Kate, yes, I tried more frequent stretching and foam rolling and neither made a difference. I am also a terrible patient and yes, I probably did more than I should although not on purpose exactly. It's hard to know sometimes whether an irritation is just DOMS or something more, and I tend to err on the side of "just DOMS.'

horusosiris, grocery shopping is really the only shopping I do in person. Everything else gets ordered online so we also have lots of UPS and Fedex deliveries! I agree that this has definitely been a year for reflection, and like bee, I've discovered some things that aren't so pleasant. I guess that's a part of life.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 08:59 AM  
ChelePA

Finishing last week of the Heather Rotation...

Day 4: Kettlebell HIIT Workout (52 minutes)

I really enjoyed this one. Nice steady pace which really helps with keeping good form. Especially since I’m new to kettlebells. I’m usually not a fan of longer weight workouts but time flew by for me in this routine. I liked the format of 10 exercises then repeat for both circuits.

I have been adding on shorter cycling workouts in the evening anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on my energy level. There is so much variety! Music, instructors and types of classes. Love it!

Hoping to catch up on everybody’s posts later today.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 11:11 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey! This morning I spent some time with Rudy which I haven't done for a while. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love his practices because they are not the typical vinyasa flow. I really liked this one, though he had some way off color comments -- even for Rudy! -- Kate, you might like it if that sort of talk won't bother you. It's called The Method and it's a really full room -- all his UK instructors, so you will see Emily Clare and Celeste, and some others.

manleym, thanks for the reminder about Five Parks. I was thinking about a youtube thing for my son but all I could think of was Adrienne and I wasn't sure he would like her. Truthfully I'm not sure he will be rushing to do more yoga, but we'll see. And no.... I didn't even notice the different sized weights until I put them down! Doh!! I like your rebel mixing of the Heather workouts -- that's my jam.

cataddict, I just hate to pay even a few dollars for a movie rental when we have all these subscriptions. It's silly because it's not that much, but it just bugs me!! How's your leg today? Oh, great news about the (non)floating chip! Our bodies are amazing!

Chele, nice that you're enjoying the cycling. That kettlebell workout sounds good.

Waves to all!
Old 04-22-21, 11:15 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh one more thing..... manleym, on the DreamBody workouts..... I was wondering if my brain would let me do them more sort of "Caroline style" in that I could go at my own pace while they rush through it. I may try it sometime -- or maybe some of the others that have been mentioned. I'll anxiously await your review if you try any of them.
Old 04-22-21, 01:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: your weights must be close enough you couldn't tell? Maybe that's a sign to lift heavier?

manleym: The Yoga practice is actually called One Burp Zero LUNGES. Heehee
Is that a NEW Downton Abbey movie? I know there was one that came out a while back.

cat: Darn on the stretching but I'm glad you and hubby are getting better.

Today more Cathe fun!! I did Imax 2. That is probably my favorite Imax and the least challenging choreography-wise. It is still mighty intense. I always feel step workouts in my butt...I guess that's the idea? Legs and butt?

Yoga was a lovely practice on Gaia with Bernie called Happy Yin Happy Hips and just what I needed! Lots of good long holds, no pain, Bernie's mellow instruction and music. Ahhhhh. I am really loving Thursday Yin day.

Hugs to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 05:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yoga set question

So can you yoginis guide me please?

I had Vytas Yoga for strength but traded it away because Vytas was missing the welcoming, accommodating attitude I enjoyed in 3 week yoga retreat. The poses were held forever and didn't really feel like it was accessible to me.

Do you all know if the Deepen your practice set is like the yoga for strength? I have watched the clip but it's hard for me to tell.

Maybe I'm wanting too much wanting the deepen set to be like 3 week yoga?

Any thoughts are appreciated

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 08:43 PM  
Mickey12

Linda if I’m understanding your question correctly, I think you will be disappointed in Vytas’ Deepen your Practice set. I love Vytas. I really enjoy his demeanor and his form pointers are second to none, IMO. When I did his practices from 3 Week Yoga Retreat I was amazed to find him somewhat “different”. He was unusually welcoming and sweet. It actually felt to me like he was acting and reading from a script as compared to his style in the other practices I have of his. Not that I don’t like him in 3 Week Yoga Retreat. I do, very much.

Does that help? Did I misinterpret your question?
Old 04-22-21, 09:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda if I’m understanding your question correctly, I think you will be disappointed in Vytas’ Deepen your Practice set. I love Vytas. I really enjoy his demeanor and his form pointers are second to none, IMO. When I did his practices from 3 Week Yoga Retreat I was amazed to find him somewhat “different”. He was unusually welcoming and sweet. It actually felt to me like he was acting and reading from a script as compared to his style in the other practices I have of his. Not that I don’t like him in 3 Week Yoga Retreat. I do, very much.

Does that help? Did I misinterpret your question?
Sigh...you understood my first question perfectly! Thanks, Kim.
And what about the level of difficulty? Accommodations or modifications offered? Maybe I could get past serious Vytas if it seemed accessible?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 10:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Linda, are you able to stream? I can't remember. If so, I'd suggest you sign up for Udaya's trial period and do all the Vytas you can in that time. Then figure out if you want to purchase some of his stuff or just keep streaming for the variety...... but you might want to wait for their sale!! I love Udaya and I've become fond of the Inner Dimension channel as well. And now.... well, now Kate has me thinking about adding Gaia, which would just be crazy! And yet....

Tags
watulan check-in