Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-20-21, 08:16 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...baseball or basketball is mostly on the TV in our house these days too. Keep us posted on your appointments.

Nathalie...I also just saw the news about the Downtown Abbey movie. I really enjoyed the first one. Of course, not as good as the show but that wasn't surprising.

Horusosiris...I'll need to check out that PBS show. Thanks!

I was getting ready to buy fabric bands this week and then Cathe had her announcement. I am trying to hold off to support her but was disappointed that it looks like a July shipment.

Heather Rotation Week 4
Day 2: Sculpted Upper Body // Dynamic + Isometric Workout (43:30 minutes)

My weights ranged from 3-15 pounds. Those isometric holds were quite the challenge. I had to drop to three pounds for the last round of the lateral T position.

Off to do yard max while we have one day of sunshine.
Happy Tuesday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 08:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Today I did Cathe Live #83 Crush It Low Impact. This was a good short workout pre-doctor visit and I enjoyed it. I thought "this is how to do low impact that has some intensity." During Anna's low impact I was thinking "this is low impact, low intensity" although I did modify up and liked the music and I like her.

So the doctor "thinks" it's severe inflammation but is putting in an order for an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. Hopefully that should happen within a few days. I'm glad I went, and crossing my fingers that the anti-inflammatory meds I'm now on for a few days until we establish it's not a clot will do the trick. Dr. also told me no running (not a problem), no jogging (also not a problem) or high impact (which I haven't really been doing much of anyway) until we know more. DH finds out tomorrow if he has more cast and boot time so also crossing my fingers for him as he is getting somewhat---how should I put this---patience challenged?

Chele, I'm guessing your family roots for the Phillies maybe the Mets? Anyway if you are a Phillies fan--we were watching the Cardinals v the Phillies the other day and listening to John Kruk was so darn entertaining! He told this story about how changing a light bulb on his ceiling fan ended up costing him around $3000 and DH and I were hysterical laughing! Yes, not baseball related but funny nonetheless.

horusosiris, here is a link to clips from the new Cathes---they are the background banner at the top of the page for some reason since they aren't related to Ripped with HiiT! https://cathe.com/rwh/ Oh, and I will look at the price difference with and without downloads as I am attempting to digitize my DVD collection including the premixes. It's a lot of work and I have a lot still to do so it "may" be worth it to let them do it for me. I don't have the big bands so I'll also look at her pricing to see if they are in line with what I can get elsewhere for comparable quality. I would be fine if my bands don't have Cathe's name on them.

bee, I just can't do the grocery pick up deal. I've seen who is doing the shopping in my store and, well, um, nope. Do you have them pick out produce as well? I don't think I could trust someone else to do it. It's enough of a challenge to trust DH to do it! I'm glad it's working out for you. I can't say I've enjoyed taking over the grocery shopping for DH so I wish it would work for me. I am jealous at you being able to plant. I'm still schlepping the plants I bought in and out of the garage every day as the temps are just crazy. 80 one day, 60 the next and expecting lows in the 40s overnight on Wednesday. Fortunately we haven't gotten our vegetables yet but I'm getting antsy.

Nathalie, I don't do a lot of band work but when I do it I like it and think I should do more. I tend to use the same band and tighten or loosen my grip to get a challenge. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't work too well. I really liked the band stretch I did yesterday.

FN1, giggling at FACM. To me that would mean cleaning our walk in shower which is tile and glass. Ugh. And cleaning the toilets would be the cherry on top of FACM!

manley and Chele, I think you have talked me in to trying Heather's Power Hour. As long as she doesn't talk and repeats are minimal it sounds good to me! I also really like the cute leopard shorts she has worn in a couple of the workouts.

Waves to Kim, Kate, FOLV and Garrie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 09:40 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict. No talking. I think you’ll like it. Plus she’s never really high impact. I loved the no repeat. Most of her weight work in this rotation has three rounds of the same exercises. Glad you are taking care of your leg. Hoping the meds do the trick. Good idea to rule out a blood clot for peace of mind.
Old 04-20-21, 10:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

I'm also in the not a band fan but that clip showed a different kind of band than I've ever used and it looked like it might be fun to try, so I'm sure I will end up getting it. Those bands look quite different than the fabric bands I own. I'm excited for new Cathe!

Oh, and a new Downton Abby movie! That's great! I realized I haven't seen the movie yet because it's not on any of the many subscriptions I have. I guess it's on Showtime or HBO or something. So maybe I will need to rent it from amazon before the second one comes out, if it's available that way. So much to watch!!

cataddict, I had to have an ultrasound done on my legs just as the news of the pandemic had broken. The technician was very talkative and not happy at all to be working in a hospital (where one of the first cases in the bay area was seen!). It was a strange experience. Pre-masks, even. She was pretty nice in that when I asked her about results she said "if I saw anything bad there, they wouldn't let you leave the hospital". Anyway, good luck with it and whatever happens I hope it starts feeling better! Oh, so funny about "patience challenged". I'm familiar with that personality!!

So far I've had pretty good luck with the shopper shopping for me. The produce is probably not as good as what I'd pick out myself, but it's ok. It is a little tricky not being able to see what's good and what I should just pass on, but mostly it's been ok. Oh, and after a couple of strange substitutions I have learned to check the "no substitutions" box for almost everything. That way if they don't find it, I just don't get it. One time they gave me a rib eye instead of a flank steak. Not a good substation -- I think they did it because it was the same price per pound. I still sometimes go into our local small market -- like horusosiris I try to go early in the morning when it's not crowded, but I've gotten very lazy about shopping!!

This morning my oldest son was awake early (which honestly means he was up all night ) and for some crazy reason he told me he wanted to do yoga with me. He wanted something pretty mellow and normally he does not like the way Travis talks, so I was going to avoid him, but decided to try the Detox Yin practice. He really liked the "bat cave" set and could not do many of the poses, but he enjoyed the music and mellow vibe. The funniest thing was I first started playing a Udaya Emily Clare Hill practice because my younger son likes her. Well, she kept talking about how we have challenges we just need to move through and there might be challenges in this workout and just move through them. He said "right now the only challenge I need to get through is all her talking". That's when I switched to Travis.

Then I met a friend who I haven't seen in over a year for a walk. We met in town to walk a trail there. As I waited for her, I really had a feeling of being Rip Van Winkle after mostly staying home for more than a year. So strange to be in town!!

I like the sound of that Heather, Chele. I may try it tomorrow, though the Dream Body thread on GD has made me want to try one of those types of workouts and I was eyeing the nourishmovelove or whatever it's called youtube workouts. So many things to try!!
Old 04-21-21, 07:06 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday

Cataddict- thanks for the link to the clip showing the bands. I have bands that are similiar although they are not cloth. I hope your leg is coming along.

Bee- I know what you mean about becoming lazy about shopping. I do a lot of my shopping on line. We have so many packages delivered that the UPS delivery person asked if we were running a business from the house. Rip Van Winkle it is! - In some ways I wish that I could have slept through this past year. Lately I have been trying to discern what lessons I have learned about myself, my family and life this past year.

Chel and Cataddict -Take Me Out to the Ballgame! There is nothing like the in stadium experience for baseball and basketball. We have season tickets for the Yankees and Mets that we share. It is strange but in some ways I prefer watching football on TV.

Everyone -Enjoy your day today.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 08:44 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Happy Wednesday

Cataddict- thanks for the link to the clip showing the bands. I have bands that are similiar although they are not cloth. I hope your leg is coming along.

Bee- I know what you mean about becoming lazy about shopping. I do a lot of my shopping on line. We have so many packages delivered that the UPS delivery person asked if we were running a business from the house. Rip Van Winkle it is! - In some ways I wish that I could have slept through this past year. Lately I have been trying to discern what lesson I have learned about myself, my family and life this past year.

Chel and Cataddict[ -Take Me Out to the Ballgame! There is nothing like the in stadium experience for baseball and basketball. We have season tickets for the Yankees and Mets that we share. It is strange but in some ways I prefer watching football on TV.

Everyone -Enjoy your day today.
I'm jealous of the season tickets. I'm the Yankees fan and my husband a Met's fan. And if the Phillies are playing but not one of those teams, we cheer for them

I also rarely venture to a store these days. Mostly all delivered but hoping to change that after my second dose. My shoppers have come to know me and now they pick the right produce, meat, etc. At first, it was hit or miss which was very frustrating.

So if you're looking for a low impact metabolic workout that really gets the heart rate up then Heather's 40 minute Pop Workout is for you Not sure if I felt it more because I was tired from yard max yesterday. My arms were burning and I was quite sweaty using mostly 5 pound weights. Three circuits each repeated once. 45/15 format.

Day 3: 40 Minute Pop Workout — No Jumping HIIT (38:30 minutes) + Recovery Workout // Stretch + Relaxation (12:30 minutes)

The stretch afterwards was a nice ending. I prefer the voiceovers for these type of workouts since it seems to flow better than just listening to the beep.

I am in search of a cosmetic dentist today. My front tooth repair did not hold. The chip is back...Ugh!
Old 04-21-21, 10:20 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I came here for workout inspiration...... I didn't sleep well last night and I'm just generally tired. Didn't start my workout right away because of things going on here and now I just don't want to work out. Now I'm thinking about doing Pop. We'll see......

Chele, I wish I could send you to our dentist! He is known for his cosmetic dentistry and my oldest son had to have a bunch of work done! A "peg tooth" I think they call it, that had to be built up, some veneers done and I don't know what else. It was insane, but his teeth look so good now. My younger son broke his front tooth off straight across when he was younger. His pediatric dentist glued it back and said it'll hold for "some amount of time". Well, right before the pandemic it broke and so our dentist had to fix that, too. The color is not quite right on that one, but very close. The dentist really wanted to go one more round and get it perfect but my son we freaked out about the pandemic and just wanted it done. He doesn't care as much as the older one. And now that's way too much info for you.... I hope you can find someone good!!

horusosiris, I think there are definitely a lot of lessons about ourselves and people we know from this last year. Unfortunately they're not all good lessons, you know? But it does seem a good thing to reflect on.

Ok, I'm going to try to get psyched to do some workout. Have a great day!!
Old 04-21-21, 12:23 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh you fierce and funny Watulans! I love reading your posts!

cataddict: do you think more stretching would help your leg? Or foam rolling? Hope it gets better soon. I am a terrible patient and sometimes exercise through the irritation.

Kim: I exercise because I like it too. I LOVE it! I don't play any sports anymore so my workouts are my thing now. I've been working out since I was a kid with my Dad. Now it's just part of my life.

kittybug: If we're all nuts then we're in a great group! You are very welcome! I was once told in an office I worked at, that I was like the office cheerleader. I can live with that. Freaking Awful Chore Max!!!! LOL

Linda: Ditto=nuts

manleym: I'm nuts, you're nuts, we're all nuts! (they're coming to take me away..haha, heehee, hoho)

bee: good news on shot #2! Ooh Total Body Giant Sets IS a good one. Hmmmm. Can I fit in in somewhere? hee

Nathalie: good to "see" you!! I hope to start planting here too in May. I started a few flower seeds inside. I'm anxious to get started.

ChelePA: I am still thinking about Cathe's newest. The band looks cool but I need to see previews.

So here's this week so far.
Mon: Cathe Live 309 Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weights. I bought this one a while back. VERY good weight work! I love the push/pull format. I also have her original older Push/Pull.
Yoga was PY with Bryan and One Burp Zero Lunges. Yes he belches once quite loud. BK is like that. LOL. No lunges but not easy and he still manages to cook the legs and butt with some balance work. Fun I love his stuff!

Tues: Body Combat #36. A bit older and tons of fun! I still say kickboxing is my favorite form of cardio. Yes I like step and floor stuff but kickboxing appeals to my "fierce".
Yoga was from Gaia and Ashleigh Seargent Flow to Slow. I have never done any of her practices but I was looking for a good slow Hatha practice. Good.

Today I did Tony Horton's One on One Vol 3, Disc 11: P.A.P (Post Activation Potentiation). I just love his One on Ones! He's so silly but the workouts are fun and challenging. This one alternates strength moves, plyo, and flexibility moves. Mostly all bodyweight except for some lunges and plank rows. I used my 25s for those. Feeling it. Lots of pushups too.

So far I've changed my Tues and Wed planned workouts and I like my substitutions! Sometimes I just have to pick out something fun!

Yoga to come.

Happy Camel Bump Day.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 12:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

One Burp Zero Lunches!!!! That's hilarious. Made my day. Sounds like a good one!

I'm back to report I did Pop and it was exactly what I needed!! When I don't sleep well I cannot think about any impact, so this was perfect. I was definitely huffing and puffing. Two observations..... is it my imagination or does Heather not cover back work enough? And..... for any Grey's fans..... does she remind anyone besides me of Teddy?

Oh.... and I forgot to tell you guys the other day when I did Giant Sets..... at some point I realized I had been working with one 12 pound and one 10 pound weight.
Old 04-21-21, 02:13 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends! Quick check in. Hope to back back to respond and read in more detail because I somehow missed the "One Burp Zero Lunches" post, which sounds like a must read! Hope to catch up later.

But, Cataddict I'm glad you saw the dr and were already doing what he suggested. Praying for no clots! And ChelePA sorry your tooth didn't hold. Hoping you can get it fixed soon.

So this week I'm doing Heather's week 4 rotation even more out of order than the previous weeks. Mostly because it fits my schedule better, but this week I wondered if the workouts would feel differently if they were done in a different order. Maybe not, but so far I like the order I'm doing the workouts. I'm sure it really doesn't matter much though.

Monday I did Heather's week 4 Day 4: Kettlebell HIIT Workout and loved it! It was a great workout, maybe not as intense as week 3's KB, but I would do this one again. I added her Recovery Workout Stretch + Relaxation and liked it alot too.

Tuesday I did Day 1: Leg Day Warm Up Routine + HIIT Booty Bootcamp and LOVED it! It wasn't super intense, but I loved the moves & the variety (bands, weights, cardio) + Brutal HIIT Workout for Legs, Glutes + Thighs. This workout was more cardio intense then Bootcamp, but that was a good thing. The 2 workouts paired really well together.

Today I'll do Day 2 - upper body, Friday I'll do Day 3 - Pop Workout + optional, and Saturday Day 6.

Gotta run! Back later fierce friends!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in