Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-15-21, 07:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

YES!!!! (I am now wondering if they'll all wonder what on earth a Watulan is....)

Oh, and edited to say I see you explained that in your post!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:03 AM  
ChelePA

Fanofladyvols...your song completely reminded me of my MIL. She is so creative just like you. Her letters and cards always include a special jingle or poem.

Kittybug...glad the roof is done...but your poor babies. Extra hugs and kisses. And we will see how fierce I am once I start the Cathe rotation. Not sure if I'll add the bonus moves on...I will play it be ear.

Bee...hoping you are feeling better.

Horusosiris...so nice to "see" you.

Kate...love your upbeat attitude even with snow...we are expecting some and I am not happy. I need to adopt your mood

Week 3 of the Heather Rotation continues:

Day 4: 40 Minute Kettlebell Workout // Full Body Cardio & Strength (45 minutes)

Day 5: HIIT Pilates Workout // Total Body Fusion Workout (28 minutes)

I'm really liking the mix of routines 2L4G included. It's taking me out of my comfort zone. I think I only tried one kettlebell routine before this rotation and I'm enjoying the different weight work. Also, I'm not a fan of Pilates but this workout is great for a recovery day or an add on. It was a perfect finisher after an intense 30 minute Whitney Houston cycling class.

Manleym or anyone else doing Heather's workouts...do you struggle with some of the balance moves. For example the single dead lifts that you completely lift your leg and then often times go right into a another move such an upright row. If I don't modify these moves, I get more balance work versus weight. Any thoughts on which I should focus on. I rarely work on balance so I've been putting my attention there.

Headed out this morning for my daughter's second shot. Fingers crossed she feels ok afterwards.

Have a great weekend!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 09:43 AM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA I'm going to pipe up here and say balance is SO important and I always lean (pun intended!) towards balance in my routines when a situation like that happens. We just can't get enough of it to maintain as we age, IMHO. In fact, am subbing SLDL in for some of the BBW exercises.

kittybug so glad the worst part of the roof is behind you guys!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 11:03 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello and Happy Friday to all Watulans!!

kittybug: I feel very lucky that I work from home and can fit in my Yoga practice in the afternoon. When I worked in an office I had to fit Yoga in during the evening or substitute one of my A.M. workouts. The last 5 years I have been able to have an almost daily Yoga practice and definitely a daily Meditation practice.

ChelePA: Snow this time of year when the ground is thawed actually adds good nitrogen to the soil. The farmers love it. It's all melted anyway. Life is too short to be in a bad mood. I have my moments but I try to stay positive.
My son got shot #2 on Wed and had absolutely no reaction.

Today was slightly frustrating. I started my workout day with Power Music Group Rx Boot #12. Was-not-feeling-it. Two 30 min workouts so I just did the first one and then popped in Mark Lauren's Focus 15 workouts.

Upper, Lower, Core all 15-20 minutes each. Much better. All bodyweight. Upper had lots of different types of pushups. I will be feeling this later I'm sure.
Lower is really excellent and I am sometimes tempted to add weights but it is supposed to be bodyweight exercises.
Core of course was lots of good abs and back core work.

There is a new Yoga practice on ID by Byron de Marse. That's up for afternoon Yoga then have to take the car in for service work.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone. Great rotations and all different levels of fierce!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 12:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulan friends!

This week I've continued with Cathe Live and a side of Kat! I've done Live #55(Low Impact Cardio & Stregth w/Step), #72 (Total Body Cardio & Weights) and #73 (HiiT Fit Circuit). There was a lil' wooing in #55 during the cardio portion which surprised me as she hasn't done that since the early, early days, but I did like the workout despite that. I really enjoyed #72 and #73, particularly #73 as I got a chance to use the Fit Tower (although it wasn't an absolute necessity). These are both metabolic, and I was concerned that they would repeat the same exercises, but happily they did not. Fun stuff! I also did Kat's Advanced Step #10 and this is a new favorite! Throughout I kept thinking, THIS is how you match the beat of the music to the movement perfectly! I know it's cardio, but there are plenty of instructors out there who seem to pay no attention to this in their cardio drills and I just don't like it. I find myself making the movement match the music despite what the instructor is doing. Rant over!!

So I've gone ahead and made an appointment with my dr. to check out my leg. I still get calf stiffness when I sit for more than a few minutes and now the ankle of the same leg is getting swollen periodically. I "think" it's just a matter of my reluctance to rest more, but really, with my DH on the IL with a broken foot how can I stay off of my leg? It doesn't "hurt" but I also don't want to do any permanent damage. Of course now that I have an appointment the swelling seems to be gone and the calf is at a dull ache but DH is insistent that I keep the appointment anyway for next Tuesday.

I'm not sure I'm up for the Rock Bottoms rotation, at least until after I see the dr. I'm pretty sure he will tell me to calm it down, but maybe not. I've been kinda sorta doing a Cathe Live rotation of oldest to newest but it isn't a strict one. It is interesting to see how she learns from the earlier ones and makes some adjustments---the camera people are learning as well.

FOLV, I love your verse! So clever!

Chele, fingers crossed for your daughter's reaction to the vaccine! Glad you are still liking the Heather rotation. I did enjoy using my dusty kettlebell, so I may do that one again but not three repetitions. I think there was another kettlebell workout in the rotation IIRC. Yes, it got me out of my comfort zone as well to do the kettlebell workouts. I just can't stay away from Cathe for long.

Arggh, DH is requiring my attention right now! I'll finish catching up later!!

Hugs to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 12:23 PM  
Mickey12

I have to be quick but I couldn't pass up remarking on Linda's poem. OMG, I was laughing out loud at work and a colleague walked in and asked me what was so funny. I had to go into a long explanation about all you guys and the forum, etc. and we ended up talking about P90X which he hasn't done in years and years. I told him exercise is my hobby. I do it because I like it. He thought I was nuts.
Old 04-16-21, 12:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I have to be quick but I couldn't pass up remarking on Linda's poem. OMG, I was laughing out loud at work and a colleague walked in and asked me what was so funny. I had to go into a long explanation about all you guys and the forum, etc. and we ended up talking about P90X which he hasn't done in years and years. I told him exercise is my hobby. I do it because I like it. He thought I was nuts.
I love this! And I love that you said you exercise because you like it and he thought you were nuts. I think all of us Watulans relate to that!!!

FN2, I'm really glad you're getting that leg checked out. Have you considered asking for an ultrasound to make sure it's not circulatory? Keep us posted, please!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 12:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict listen to DH! PLEASE go!

kim I love knowing you guys enjoyed it

kittybug unequivocally, collectively, individually, uniquely, fiercely, proudly... Nuts

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 01:38 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
But it had to be done...

"Every time I think of Cathe
I always catch my breath
And I'm still stretching here
With your workouts shelved away
But kettlebells are why I left
But there's your evil laugh that's echoing
Through my frozen heart tonight

I hear Cathe's name in Watulan circles
And it always makes me smile
I spend my time
Checking daily deals
And filling and emptying my cart

But it's my glutes that are quaking
Reading this Rock bottoms rotation

I ain't missing Cathe at all
Since she's been shelved away
I ain't missing her
No matter
What my biceps say

There's a message in this thread
And I'm working on my rotation tonight
You don't know how much substituting I have done
Or lowered my step height

In Cathe's world I am a weakling
Though I'm trying hard to modify
And it's my heart that's breaking
Thinking of all those reps tonight

But I ain't missing Cathe at all
I ain't missing Cathe
No matter what my thighs say

And there's a rotation that I'm typing up
Like nothing she posted on her forum
And if I can't bridge this distance
Combining Cathe and Tracie

Then I won't be missing her at all
I ain't missing Cathe
No matter what my Watulans say
I ain't missing Cathe (I ain't missing Cathe)
No way"
BRAVO FOLV!! This is AMAZING and HILARIOUS and oh-so CLEVER!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 02:10 PM  
manleym

ChelePA, I really like the weighted balance moves because they challenge my brain and body. Yoga has made a HUGE difference in my balance and flexibility. That's why I want to keep it in my rotation. It makes doing moves like Heather's "easier." Things I focus on when doing the move - find a fixed point to look at (or a couple - one on the floor and one on the wall); slow the move down; squeeze your booty (standing leg) and engage your core. When I start to wobble and feel unsteady I slow down the move and make sure I'm focused on something. I hope all goes well with your daughter's 2nd shot. Keep us posted!

CataddictI'm glad you're going to get your leg checked out. At least you'll have some answers (hopefully) and will know what to do. And yes, frustrating the the car doesn't make that noise when you take it into the mechanic. Hopefully they'll be able to get under the hood and really see what's going on in there.
Thanks for the Live reviews. I've been adding some of them to my "Cathe Live To-Do List." I had Cathe Live IMAX on my schedule today for Fun Friday, but I think you have convinced me to do Kat's Advanced Step #10. I also like the beat of the music to match the movements. Especially in cardio/step, but prefer it in any workout. It make a HUGE difference, I think.

Horusosiris, glad you waved and let us know you're ok! Hope work calms down for you soon.

Kim I love your response to your coworker! I agree with Kittybug that we can all relate! My hubby has said a couple of times that he's surprised (in a good way, not a "ya'll are weird" way) there's a whole community of us whose hobby is exercising at home. He was surprised at how large our community is (VF) and I don't think really realized what a big industry it is. One of his hobbies is fishing and he's on fishing forums so not sure why he was surprised. I imagine there's a forum for pretty much any kind of hobby.

On the home front, after over a year of working from home at our dining room table, hubby is moving back into the office. Yay that I have my dining room table back (he has stuff EVERYWHERE) but will miss him coming out to greet me when I get home and carry in my bags.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in