Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-10-21, 07:22 PM  
Helen

Phala B's podcast

Life Coach School Podcast

I have listened to quite a few of Phala's podcasts. One time, she mentioned that she was learning to be a life coach through the Life Coach School (Brooke Castillo) and mentioned that they had a podcast too - she was quite open about it - so I listened to a few of those as well.

The content was almost identical to Phala's message.

Some may prefer the style of the latter.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 10:51 AM  
rhbrand

How are we all doing ladies?

Me, the lazies have me. Started with allergies, which turned into sinus crap with it feeling like an alien was going to burst through my face. Laid in bed about half a day feeling pretty bad over the weekend
Now well, just ugh. Allergies are still kind of bad, but better.

But you know how once you start being lazy, its hard to get up and moving again But I must! I want to keep up with grandkids as they get older.
Old 04-15-21, 12:13 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I tried to listen to podcasts in the middle of the night but I can't fit my headphones on with my CPAP mask. So frustrating.
You might be able to listen to podcasts using plug in earbuds. I use a plug in earbuds so I can listen to podcasts or audiobooks from my iPad when I have insomnia. That way I don't wake up my DH.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
You might be able to listen to podcasts using plug in earbuds. I use a plug in earbuds so I can listen to podcasts or audiobooks from my iPad when I have insomnia. That way I don't wake up my DH.
Yep, I use wireless ear buds. But I use a CPAP mask that wraps around near my ears so I can't put them in my ears. But thanks though!

DH would wake up at the slightest noise, so I just lay there staring at the ceiling and remembering what sleeping through the night felt like...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

The earbuds I use don't wrap around my ears. Most of the time, I only wear 1 earbud if I'm lying on my side. Would you be able to use your c-pap with something like this?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...AAAAB0AAAAAEAM
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:45 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Yep, I use wireless ear buds. But I use a CPAP mask that wraps around near my ears so I can't put them in my ears. But thanks though!

DH would wake up at the slightest noise, so I just lay there staring at the ceiling and remembering what sleeping through the night felt like...
Sorry to butt in but I was wondering if you saw the endocrinologist yet.

My insomnia keeps getting worse and worse. I just had my second covid vaccine and am really hoping it helps me sleep at least for one night.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 01:01 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
The earbuds I use don't wrap around my ears. Most of the time, I only wear 1 earbud if I'm lying on my side. Would you be able to use your c-pap with something like this?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...AAAAB0AAAAAEAM
My earbuds look just those, but thanks though! My CPAP mask has to fit tightly around my cheeks and ears so I'm kind of stuck. I've even contemplated just "sleeping" on the couch so I could turn the TV on when nothing else works. We'll see...
Old 04-15-21, 01:06 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Sorry to butt in but I was wondering if you saw the endocrinologist yet.

My insomnia keeps getting worse and worse. I just had my second covid vaccine and am really hoping it helps me sleep at least for one night.

Erica
Thanks for remembering! My endocrinologist cancelled on me. She had to travel for some reason and won't be seeing new patients again until June. No other new patient appointments for anyone else in her office until then, so a couple more months. Kind of typical for me, I haven't felt that luck has been on my side in the last few years!

I'm so sorry about your insomnia! I totally understand. My first covid shot is tomorrow and I'm already a wreck in worry about how I'm going to feel. My poor body just doesn't do well with anything new. But I guess a few days of feeling awful are better in the long run.

I sure hope you get some decent sleep soon. I haven't been this sleep deprived since my now 15-year-old son was born -- he didn't sleep through the night until he was nearly 1, which meant I didn't sleep through the night until he did!
Old 04-15-21, 01:14 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Thanks for remembering! My endocrinologist cancelled on me. She had to travel for some reason and won't be seeing new patients again until June. No other new patient appointments for anyone else in her office until then, so a couple more months. Kind of typical for me, I haven't felt that luck has been on my side in the last few years!

I'm so sorry about your insomnia! I totally understand. My first covid shot is tomorrow and I'm already a wreck in worry about how I'm going to feel. My poor body just doesn't do well with anything new. But I guess a few days of feeling awful are better in the long run.

I sure hope you get some decent sleep soon. I haven't been this sleep deprived since my now 15-year-old son was born -- he didn't sleep through the night until he was nearly 1, which meant I didn't sleep through the night until he did!
Ugh - that's awful about your endocrinologist. How disappointing.

Good luck with your covid shot! My first one was no problem and I don't expect a reaction with this one either, but we'll see. I just want to sleep. My youngest is 18 and I think I've had one good night of sleep since I was pregnant with her. I keep telling myself that sleep is overrated even though I know it isn't.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 06:26 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! I came across this thread today and just wanted to share my story with you since I too was experiencing insomnia along with brain fog, depression, and slow recovery after exercise.

I am 50 years old and I am not sure if I am in menopause yet or still perimenopausal. My doctor says she thinks I am still peri according to my blood work. Years ago I was diagnosed with premenstrual dysphoric disorder and I take a low dose birth control pill continuously for this, so I don't ever have a period.

A couple of years ago, I started feeling out of sorts, depressed and just not myself anymore. Despite not changing my diet or exercise, I gained about 15 pounds which would not come off no matter what I did. I was so exhausted and freezing cold by 10pm each day that I would fall asleep the second I went to bed, only to wake up at 1am with horrible night sweats. Sleep was usually intermittant for the remainder of the night after that. I started taking Benadryl just to get some extra zzzzs. I also had low sex drive and my eyebrows thinned out so much that my hair stylist commented on it.

I was talking to some coworkers and one, whose wife happens to be a midwife, recommended that I see a certain ob-gyn in our town. This doctor listened to all of my symptoms and ran a complete blood panel. I was SURE that it would come back showing that I had a thyroid issue. Imagine my surprise when the results came back and my real problem was low testosterone! I was at 8 nd/dL. My doctor says the lowest she likes to see that number is 20 and that her patients usually feel best when it is much higher.

I decided to try bio-identical testosterone therapy, and had a slow release pellet placed in my upper glute. Within days I was sleeping deeply through the night! My sex drive also came back. I was warned that I might have unwanted hair growth, and I have noticed the hair on my body grows faster now, but it isn't anything noticeable to others. I was also warned I might get acne, but that has not been a problem.

Testosterone therapy is not covered by my health insurance since there has not been enough testing on women. It is expensive. I also had a lot of bruising from the initial pellet placement. Because of this, I decided to switch to a less expensive and invasive treatment option - sublingual drops from a compounding pharmacy. I find that the drops are not as effective as the pellet therapy. I started having insomnia issues again, and had my T checked in December. It was low again, so my doctor increased my dosage and now I am back in the normal range. I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, but I can go straight back to sleep. I feel like I am myself again!

I am not trying to push hormone therapy on anyone or saying it is a magic bullet. I just wanted to share my story to say I am so glad I got the complete blood panel done. I am super grateful that I found a doctor who really listened to me instead of just dismissing my symptoms as normal peri.

I hope everyone here who is suffering gets some answers soon!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote