Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-13-21, 11:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All. I got my second vaccine yesterday and feeling pretty out of it. I did not sleep well last night. I have the worst headache I've had in my life -- don't know if I didn't sleep well because of that, or if I have the headache because I didn't sleep well. Anyway, let me see if I can be at all coherent......

I also loved Downton Abby. This reminds me that I still haven't seen the movie! That would be fun.

I have also noticed the occasional sync problems on Inner Dimension, but like Kim, I have my eyes closed a lot and/or I just don't look at the screen all that much, so I haven't noticed it bothering me. I think it was a Lauren practice where I noticed it.

Whoop Band...... looks like it's basically about $300 for a year -- yes, band is free but you play a monthly service for the data. I'm pretty close to going for it..... will definitely let you know if I do.

I did no workout yesterday, and no workout today. In fact, I'm about to go back to bed..... but I am missing Cathe/step so maybe Cathe and Kat are in my future.

Enjoy your day, fierce ones!
Old 04-13-21, 01:45 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...most people I know had symptoms go away within 24 hours. Sending healing vibes your way. Take care
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 03:03 PM  
manleym

Bee I'm so sorry to hear you had such bad side effects. Did you get the Pfizer vaccine? Hoping you feel better soon.

Kittybug is the roof finished? Crossing fingers for you!

ChelePA what Cathe rotation are you thinking about doing? I might be interested in joining you.

Kim thanks for the reminder about Perfect 30 HiiT. I haven't done it in awhile but do remember really liking the premix that combines both workouts and the bonus.

Yesterday was Heather's week 3 Day 1: Killer Leg Day Lower Body Strength Workout + At Home Toned Thighs Workout No Equipment (I really liked this one!) + Cat Meffan Lower Body Yoga Stretch 15 Minute Yoga Flow. My legs are feeling worked today, so it's either doing 3 sets of each exercise at a slow pace, or the optional add ons that are mostly toning (I don't do as many of those workouts), but it seems like I can always feel Heather's lower body workouts the day after. Not super DOMS, just a 'hey, that muscle was worked yesterday."

Hugs and wave everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 05:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, I truly hope you feel better soon!! Sending hugs your way. Just get rest and do what you need to do!

Weird, but Level Up 108 Balance on ID today worked perfectly fine, no lag issues. Must just be my computer!

Manleym, roof day is tomorrow...not. looking. forward. to. it!

Yeah, what Cathe rotation you gals planning? I had said I was going to do a RWH rotation in the spring but I'm also trying to work through some virgins and of course, all this yoga. Too many workouts!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 07:16 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I'm glad your lag/sync issues are gone today. Bummer when that happens.

Manley happy to remind you about Perfect30. That's part of why I love reading the posts on this forum - I am reminded of DVDs that are staring me in the face, yet I forget I have them. It's nice to be reminded of a good workout.

I got out for a walk at lunch today and tonight I did Inner Dimensions Yoga 30for30, Edge practice. It was taught by Travis and it was all strength with a very short segment at the end that included two of my favorite stretches - pigeon and reclining bent leg twist to each side. It was only 30 minutes but I still felt it was hard since my shoulders were sore today.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 04-14-21, 08:19 AM  
ChelePA

I'm really missing Cathe. I'm thinking this might be my next challenge. I have almost every workout except Ramped Up Upper Body which I can easily sub.

Bonus Butt Workout (abbreviated as BBW):

1) One minute of SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds SQUAT JUMPS.

2) One minute of WALKING LUNGES with a 10-pound weighted vest (or with 8-pound hand weights per hand) chased by 20 seconds of deep controlled POWER SCISSORS.

3) One minute of PLIE SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds ICE BREAKERS.

4) HAMMER PUNCH LUNGES… 30 per side (be controlled and FEEL THE WORK)

5) BARBELL DEADLIFT… 2 sets of 15 reps (slow & heavy reps)

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Perfect HiiT High Impact… …plus 50 alternating rear lunges (holding 8-pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Tues: Lift It HiiT It Legs

Wed: Perfect Pump Upper Body

Thurs: Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp

Fri: Rock’m Sock’m Kickbox plus core segment of choice

Sat: Metabolic Blast ….plus BBW

Sun: OFF or Perfect Flow of choice

WEEK TWO:

Mon: X10 (warm-up plus minimum of 3 segments)

Tues: Ripped With HiiT – HiiT Circuit Upper Body

Wed: Rev’d Up Rumble …plus 200 walking lunges (holding 8-pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Thurs: PHA3 …plus BBW

Fri: Perfect HiiT Low Impact plus core segment of choice

Sat: Perfect Pump Lower Body

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Tabatacise

Tues: Lower Body Blast

Wed: Rockout Knockout plus core segment of choice

Thurs: Ramped Up Upper Body

Fri: Chiseled Lower Body Blast … plus 200 weighted walking lunges

Sat: Supercuts…plus BBW

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Cardio Slam

Tues: Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes…. plus 50 alternating weighted rear lunges

Wed: Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body

Thurs: ICE Metabolic Total Body

Fri: Lower Body Blast plus core segment of choice

Sat: Afterburn…plus BBW

Old 04-14-21, 08:28 AM  
ChelePA

Bee...how are you feeling today?

manleym...I agree Heather's workouts sneak up on you. Plus lifting heavier with 3 sets definitely has me feeling it.

Yesterday I added on a HIIT and Hills ride for my Two for Tuesday. My legs were quite sore and tired this morning so I wasn't sure if I was up for a Heather workout but the routine was exactly what I needed.

Week 3, Day 3: 5 Minute Warm Up // Before You Workout + Low Impact Full Body HIIT Workout (30:30 minutes) + Full Body Stretch // Recovery Day Workout (14 minutes)

I have said this before but her low impact is truly low impact. Easily modified for more intensity by adding light hand weights or lifting/jumping on moves. Some days I just want an intermediate routine that gets my heart rate up but easier on my joints. This one was perfect for that. Three circuits of 5 exercises, repeated once. The stretch moved quickly through some yoga like poses. I also added on a Peloton hip stretch.
Old 04-14-21, 11:17 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys!!!
I am feeling so good lately! Despite the fact that it has been snowing off and on for the last 2 days and gotten really cold, I just feel up! My oldest son with the heart problems gets his 2nd covid shot today so may be why.
BTW snow is melting as fast as it lands. Yay. Does put good nitrogen into the ground though.

Hi bee! Yard Max definitely counts as a workout! I garden a lot as you guys know and I like to do most of the work by hand..like digging etc. GOOD workout! Glad to see you back.
Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a little reaction.

Hi ChelePA: the first time I got the vaccine, my arm was really sore. Like somebody had punched me. The 2nd time it was only minimally sore.
I loved Downton Abbey too!! I was way late to the party, but Amazon streams it so I watched that way. Bought the movie too but not as good as the series.

Hi manleym: I have started copying my posts before I hit send, just to make sure. Sorry my ESP is rusty.
I heard from a doctor on the news that although it doesn't matter if you switch arms, it does help with soreness.

Hi cataddict: Yay Cathe Live week! How do you like these classes with just Cathe by herself? I bought a couple and they were good but I missed the crowd. I have found that I just really like Cathe's workouts. Her strength stuff really works for me and my body type.

Hi Linda: Cathe's laugh...heeheeheehee....heck if it wasn't for the Cathe Chronological posts, I might not have met you all. HUG

Hi Kim: Ditto Downton Abbey! Yes I often close my eyes while practicing Yoga. I rarely ever look at the screen. Bryan Kest always tells you to narrow your focus to the area of your mat.

Hi kittybug: I'm sorry sound and picture didn't synch. I have not had any issues at all except for occasional buffering because of my Internet connection. How much do you actually watch the screen when you practice? Granted I've been practicing Yoga since 2003 but I never watch the screen anymore, just listen to the instructions. If the instructions are bad, however, that IS frustrating.

Ok so backtracking this week.
Mon: Cathe Pure Strength both Upper. Wee! Good old fashioned weight lifting. Very dated but good stuff and putting them both together fried my upper body quite nicely. Cathe's hair is very short and she lifts very light but of course I used my own weights.
PowerYoga with Bryan Kest and an amazing practice called Calmness amidst Difficulty. He does cook your legs with some balancing stuff but there is also a lot of wonderful hip and leg stretches. NICE.

Tues: Body Attack 60. I had planned on a Michelle D cardio but Les Mills was calling to me so I did that instead. Good stuff!
PY Bryan Calmness amidst Difficulty again because yes, it was that good!

Today: Cathe Pure Strength Lower. Excellent workout! Yes very basic again, and I lifted heavier than Cathe, but it really hits everything in a very basic way. The floor work is with a weighted bar but I just put a dumbell on my leg for resistance.

Don't think I'll get any Yoga in today as I have to leave shortly to pick up my son for his vaccine. He lives an hour away (one way) and doesn't drive so Mom to the rescue. At least its not snowing anymore.

Waves to everyone else and Happy Hump Daaaaay!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:06 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Fun stuff yet again today! Les Mills on Demand posted a new Body Combat 85 so that was up! I moved things around a little in my rotation as I am always anxious to try new Combats! Good stuff! Lots of kicks in this one including jump kicks.
No big stage this time. It was a bit like the United workouts where everyone is on a big Zoom screen. But this time Dan, Rach and two others actually rotated instructing.
Dan has a big bushy beard. Shaved head. Fierce dude!

Hope you all are well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 12:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I'm really missing Cathe. I'm thinking this might be my next challenge.
ChelePA!! I literally worked on this rotation last night but am basically going to use it.

I have changed some of the BBW exercises and subbed in other trainers on some days but I think I am starting this in about two weeks. I'm calling it my "Missing You" or "John Waite" Rotation
The base of the rotation is this updated Rock Bottoms though.

I'm gearing up to do a trail hike in August that is a total of 11ish miles (5 uphill/5 down) and want to make sure my lower body, core and cardio is as ready as possible. So I'm pulling in Tracie because I miss her, too. And I can't go without Lauren Brooks so I am gonna play with it a bit more but I'm pretty close to thinking I'll be happy with it.

Haii Watulans!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in