Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-21, 12:53 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oooooo a goodie today!
So ages ago I had Hannah Eden's 28 Day Fat Torch. I love Hannah from MetaShred Extreme but when I had this, it was just too hard three years ago.
Fast forward and I got this one back in a trade. Today I did the whole first disk which includes Total Body Burner, Non-Stop Sweat Sesh, Triple Torcher. All 20-25 minutes long so easy to put together time wise.

Tough stuff but I loved it. Before I didn't like all the "up and downs" but today I put on my FIERCE face and brought it. Yes I modified some but for the first time I could keep up with Hannah which is not easy to do. Amazing what good eating and losing weight does for a girl.

Cat: Good to see you and sure hope things settle down for you a little. I can sympathize with your hubby...I am a bad patient and don't always rest when I should. Yes we have to wait until mid to late May to plant. I usually try to get my garden planted between Mother's Day and June 1. Yes we have even had snow in mid May.

ChelePA: I find now that I'm through most of my Cathe Chronological rotation from last year, I miss her when I don't add her into my rotation.

Waves to everyone else!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 03:47 PM  
ChelePA

Today was Week 2, Day 3: Low Impact HIIT Cardio + Legs Workout (40 minutes) + Optional Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout (10 minutes) + Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes // No Repeats Booty Workout (13 minutes)

The Low Impact HIIT was just cardio not HIIT level. Heather's low impact moves are truly low impact versus Cathe. It was nice for a lower intensity day which I needed after a tabata cycling class yesterday. It's funny because the floorwork with bands really challenges me despite seeming like it would be easier. I have weaker hips with less range of motion so these are nice add ons without a complete dread factor. Short and sweet.

Kate...so glad you are getting your vaccine. My daughter received her first shot of Pfizer last week since she’s a grocery store worker. My husband gets his this Friday. He will receive the Johnson and Johnson. I am scheduled in two weeks for the Moderna.

Forgot to tell you ladies that I started watching Poldark a few months ago when Winston had his surgery then my daughter. Lots of awake time and staying home to make sure all was well. Loved the series until season five. But that is probably a common complaint since they veered away from the books. And in my opinion didn’t do a very good job with the ending. No spoilers Anyone else feel the same?
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 08:13 PM  
Mickey12

Ok, I'm totally losing my mind. I swear I saw a post from someone about doing Lauren's Messy Middle practice. Who the heck was that??!?! Anyway, I also did the practice tonight. I liked it too, whoever you were that liked it, (good grief). I can't do binds because I'm so tight, but I just stay in the beginning poses and watch in awe at Lauren's flexibility. It's amazing how easy she makes bird of paradise pose look.

Cataddict how charitable, selfless and civic-minded of you to volunteer at your local vaccination site. I think that's so awesome! It made me smile to read about it. I'm sorry to hear about your worry over Tank. Poor guy.

Kittybug it sounds like life is kicking you in the shins right now. I hope things turn around for you soon. Getting a new roof is no joke. I am dreading the thought of it. Ours should be good for about another 10 years, but I can only imagine how expensive it will be.

Kate woo hoo on getting your second vaccine!!! Let us know if you have any side effects. My husband and step mom were both fine after their doses. I had my first dose just recently and was fine. Second one is scheduled in a couple more weeks.

ChelePA funny how each of your family members will all have the different vaccines! I hope wee Winston is doing ok.

Have a great night my Watulan friends.
Old 04-08-21, 02:00 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Forgot to tell you ladies that I started watching Poldark a few months ago when Winston had his surgery then my daughter. Lots of awake time and staying home to make sure all was well. Loved the series until season five. But that is probably a common complaint since they veered away from the books. And in my opinion didn’t do a very good job with the ending. No spoilers Anyone else feel the same?
YES! Totally felt this way!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 02:21 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends! I hope everyone is doing well!

I was off on Monday, so I had extra workout time. Yay! I decided to combine all of the leg workouts for the week (Heather's week 2 rotation) so I did Day 1: No Repeat Leg Workout With Dumbbells + The Best At Home Booty Workout No Equipment (I wore ankle weights) + Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes No Repeats Booty Workout +Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout (uses resistance band) + Five Parks Yoga Hold & Flow Yoga Class. Most of these are 10ish minutes long, so I was able to do them all. I did like doing some of the same exercises between the different workouts, to see how the same move feels differently using dumbbells, ankle weights, and a resistance band.

Tuesday was Heather's week 2 Day 4: Kettlebell Circuit Full Body Workout + Total Body Tabata Workout 12 Minute Tabata with Weights. I really liked both workouts, but didn't care for the music. I usually can handle bad music, but it was really the lyrics that I didn't like. Yesterday was Day 2: Upper Body Toning No Repeats Workout + 10 Minute Standing Abs Workout No Equipment. Good quick workouts.

Today will be Cathe Live #342 Metabolic Core. Looking forward to it!

Kittybug I hope things settle down for you soon. Sorry about the roof. Any updates or progress? We had ours replaced just sometime in the fall. We're also having crazy wind. 30-40 mph crazy. Pollen is EVERYWHERE and covering everything with a yellow blanket of nastiness. I LOVE spring (my favorite season) but don't like the pollen and allergies that come with it.

Cataddict I hope your hubby gets a good report. Keep us posted. And hope Tank is doing better. Hug! Agree that these YT instructors label everything HiiT when it really isn't. I guess for some people it is, but not for us Fierce Watulans!

ChelePA poor Winston! He's just had a tough go of it! I smiled at Kim calling him Wee Winston! So cute! Glad your tooth is fixed. That's something that would happen to me so I know the frustration of some random, odd thing happening and having to deal with ht. I broke a tooth a little over a year ago when I bit a peppercorn and had to replace the tooth! So crazy! Hope your tooth holds. Keep us posted on all the different shots. It would be interesting to know how they are different. We got Pfizer and my brother and SIL got J & J. They had no side effects to the J & J vaccine.

KateTT did you have any reactions to the 2nd vaccine? Hubby and I get our 2nd Pfizer tomorrow. Sore arm from the 1st vaccine but nothing that stopped our routine. I was able to workout as normal. Might have felt a little tired, but nothing that I say was a side effect of the vaccine. My brother and SIL got the J & J vaccine. They had no issues. Hoping all goes well!

Kim is Lauren's Messy Middle on ID? I'm guessing it is. Don't remember any comments about it but I may have been scanning and just didn't see it. Hope you remember. Don't call us at 3 am when you remember.

Hugs and waves all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 06:27 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

ChelePA: I can only claim to have watched the way old Poldark that I believe was on PBS.

Kim: I did Lauren's Messy Middle on Monday. I liked it a lot. Flowy but not continuous Sun Sals. I can only do partial or half binds but that's ok for me.

manleym: No side effects whatsoever!! Me or hubby. I had it in my right arm this time and its sore but not like it was the first time.

Today I did Cathe's original Imax! Oh fun and not such tough choreo. Those Imaxes are some of her best step work! I need to try Rhythmic Step now. Untried but I think I might have tried it years and years ago. I have no log notes.

Yoga was Clear and Present Yin on Gaia. That's Cameron Gilley. He is Mel-low! Yes I know there is lots of good Yin on ID but I went in a different direction today.

Almost the weekend already!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 04-08-21, 06:49 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Almost Friday, Watulans!!

Let's see, workouts first...Monday was Cathe Intensity, Tuesday was ID Level Up 108 Strength with Travis which I LOVED SO SO SO MUCH, maybe more than the original UY Strength, Weds was X10 Cardio Blast only plus Tax Max (taxes are done, woohooo!!!!), and today was Cathe's Circuit Max, an OLDIE but so good! I recently got this and Hardcore Extreme from Mary's spring sale. This is so bizarre, but I literally haven't done Circuit Max for maybe 15 years or more after I got rid of it so many years ago. And yet it was like my body still knew it, like I was anticipating what came next despite it being so long that it's really a new workout to me and my brain didn't know what was coming next! Muscle memory is cool, Watulans!

ChelePA, I was absolutely cringing reading your post about Wee Winston and your tooth!!! He's okay now, yes? Glad your tooth is fixed. Also love how much you're enjoying your bike. You can literally feel your enthusiasm in your posts! Oh, and YES, I'm with you and Manleym on Poldark!!!

FN2, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Tank. I couldn't agree with you more though on not doing anything invasive like a biopsy when there's really no treatment anyway. Like you, I could never put a furbaby through that, I just couldn't. Crossing my fingers for you. And volunteering on top of all this? That's why you're fiercely nuts!!

Kim, I missed that orange and olive salad which SOUNDS DIVINE!!!!! OMG. I never would have thought to combine those things but YUM. And thank you for your very kind words. I'm hanging in there!

KateTT, I have realized the same with Cathe. I just so appreciate her energy, her musicality, her fun factor, just all of it, and I really miss her when I don't have her in my rotation for even just a week! I've also come to realize Travis is my Cathe of yoga. And Rhythmic Step is so fun!

Manleym, our roof is scheduled for next week. I'm mostly stressed about wrangling five freaked-out creatures and losing one or two days of work during one of my absolute busiest weeks of the month, because working from home and needing quiet does not mix with getting a new roof, arg!!!

All right, gotta run...waves to Garrie, Nathalie, Bee, Horusosiris, FOLV, and anyone else I missed! Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 07:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA I saw there was a pet food recall. Any chance your Winston is eating any of it? Anyways, I hope he is better. And oh your tooth issue makes me wince! I hope you have your tracking number on your Cathe mat like I do!

cataddict prayers for Tank!

kittybug you might need cat valium for all that roof racket. It's nerve wracking to have to listen to. I just went through it a few years ago and me and Minnie nearly pulled each other's hair out Hang in there!

Well wishes to all, Watulans and furbuddies!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:21 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
ChelePA I saw there was a pet food recall. Any chance your Winston is eating any of it? Anyways, I hope he is better. And oh your tooth issue makes me wince! I hope you have your tracking number on your Cathe mat like I do!

cataddict prayers for Tank!

kittybug you might need cat valium for all that roof racket. It's nerve wracking to have to listen to. I just went through it a few years ago and me and Minnie nearly pulled each other's hair out Hang in there!

Well wishes to all, Watulans and furbuddies!!
I got my mat yesterday and I love it! I exercise in the basement on puzzle foam flooring so this is a nice addition and I don’t have to roll it up daily. It’s awesome not having to rearrange my mat for different moves. It worked perfectly for my Heather workouts the last two days.

Day 5: 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT Workout (36 minutes) + Optional Low Impact Cardio + Abs Workout // No Repeats, No Jumping, No Equipment (23:30 minutes)

Day 6: Insane Total Body HIIT Workout // 40 Exercises in 40 Minutes (52:30 minutes)

I skipped Day 4 and will return to it tomorrow since I’m getting a new kettlebell. Day 5 workouts were very similar...using bodyweight to add intensity. Day 6 wasn’t insane but I really enjoyed it! She uses 5, 10, 25 pound dumbbells and bodyweight plus mixes in cardio for a nice fast paced workout with no repetition. I lifted slightly heavier on a few moves. I think you ladies would like it too.

I always add in cycling as a finisher these days.

Thanks for the dog food concern. I’ve double checked many times because it seems like they’re always recalling something. Looking at Winston’s diet and may need to change some things up.

Kittybug—good luck with your roof replacement. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Hoping exercise helps to relieve some of the stress.

Bee— any update on your husband? You too Cataddict?

I lucked out today and was able to get my Covid vaccine. I called about something else and the system was down so they were taking walk-ins. I ended up getting the Pfizer like my daughter. My husband is getting Johnson and Johnson this afternoon.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Made it to Friday!

Kittybug: I guess what it comes down to is that Cathe just doesn't disappoint. While I may not like EVERY workout, they all are outstanding.
Good purchases!

ChelePA: YAY..another vaccine in the books. Thank you for keeping yourself safe and others too.

Today's workout was Power Music Group Rx Boot #11.
Power Music started out very similar to Les Mills with instructor workouts with the choreography and music. For whatever reason, they hardly do any of these anymore. Sad because they were good. They do still have a few dvds for sale. https://www.powermusic.com/videos/dvd-s.html

Anyway...#11 is all bodyweight and not easy but not killer hard or high impact. Mostly strength but some plyo so your HR goes up. This DVD has two 30 min workouts which I put together. Lots of pushups, squats, lunges, wicked mobility moves etc.

Just getting ready for a little Travis and Level Up 108 Flexibility. I've only done this series ONE time! Time to revisit.
I'm still enjoying ID and will keep the subscription for a little while.

Have a great weekend all. WAVES and HUGS.

Tags
watulan check-in