Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-02-21, 10:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Sunday was Turbo Fire Fire 60, as inspired by Garrie. I really like this workout, and I can overlook the Plastic Surgeon's dream of a class. Yesterday was Mess 3 Week 4 the Last Chest and Back Workout. Woo hoo!! Today was Cathe Live #54 80's Cardio & #46 Cross Fire Express. LOL, Chele, I see we did the same Live and for the same reason---it was short! The workout was only 36 minutes so I thought how bad could it be? Then it turned out to be tabatas so it was not easy despite being short! In all fairness the description said that, but it was towards the end and I only read the first few words. I wasn't about to use weights for the weight section, particularly for the lower body, so I did some additional cardio when she used the weights.

So at some point later this year I think I will try the STS undulating rotation that Cathe put out. It's only a month long, so I think I can handle it, plus it includes the workouts from the ab circuits DVD that I have never done. We will see, but it looks like a possibility.

Snow Watulans (except Winston), good luck with the weather! It snowed here but not enough to stick for long.

bee, gotta say THANKS for the rec of Ted Lasso on Apple TV! We have watched most of the episodes already and love it! We remembered seeing the woman who plays the owner on a Monty Python special not too long ago. Good luck with No Sugar February. I don't eat a lot of it, but I'm not ready to give it up just yet. DH's birthday was yesterday so we had cheesecake for dessert, and since my birthday is Thursday we will probably have something sweet then too. Even if I was considering it, giving up wine wouldn't be part of the equation.

manley, I'm looking forward to doing more of the Lives that aren't just cardio which is what I've been doing during STS.

Waves to all! I'm pretty tired this week (Sleepy, Thirsty and Starving) so this night owl is going to bed early.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 12:57 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I'm here...still being fierce..hope you are too. BBL...sorry to be so brief.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 02:09 PM  
ChelePA

Just got back from Winston‘s first haircut.

Garrie... I thought of you today when doing my workout. I chose Kat’s Advanced #9. Just released this week. She calls it choreography overload with lots of spins. She wasn’t kidding! I had to rewind for parts one and two because I kept spinning the wrong way. I loved the music and the choreography. She is really quite talented putting it all together. Another fun one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDC856E7-22B0-482E-98D6-08AABE0B4134.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	4738   Click image for larger version

Name:	F0F39624-C5DA-405D-9D73-91046F5C5A36.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4739  
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 04:19 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just got back from Winston‘s first haircut.
He's so cute!!!!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 05:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Winston is definitely a cutie -- just adorable!!

manleym, wow your Triple Tuesday sounded intense. And cataddict and Chele, sometimes I find Cathe's shorter workouts much more frightening! Interesting about the hiits you did being less intense than Cathe, manleym. She knows how to work us, for sure! But sometimes doing someone else's hiits can work me in ways I'm not used to. I think that's part of what's going on with the Caroline workouts for me. They're probably less intense than Cathe's, in some ways, but boy that work is still hard!!

Oh, so glad to hear you enjoyed Ted Lasso, cataddict. We are going through mild depression withdrawals here! Cannot wait for season 2! I think the woman who plays Rebecca has done a lot. I never watched Game of Thrones but I heard she was in that -- maybe the "shame! shame!" woman?

Today I wanted to do Ilaria but I wanted my arms out of the mix so I did the original Bodystrikes. Did I whine about this the first time I did it?! What a baby! I think it was the not knowing what was coming next. Today it seemed quite easy to me. Still love it though. Followed that with some yoga. I tried to find something on Inner Dimension, but nothing grabbed me. I don't like that they use names like "Moon", "Water" etc..... how does that give me any hint of what it is like?! I've about given up on that subscription, honestly. So I went to Udaya and did "Sickly Sweet Flow" or something like that. Also not very descriptive! but at least I knew I had a short flow coming my way. They called it that because in the beginning she tells us to imagine honey is dripping down our backs and warming us. Do you think that would feel warming to you? That sounds cold and messy to me. I did not really click with this instructor, but the yoga itself was good.

Hump Day waves all around! You fierce FNs! So close you are!! (cannot believe you are already thinking about the undulating rotation, cataddict!!)
Old 02-03-21, 06:40 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Hump Day Watulans!!

Today was the LAST Plyo Legs, STS Mess 3, Week 4, DONE, phew!! This one felt the hardest to me...or maybe I'm just so Sore, Tired, and Starving that I'm ready for a break! And geez, yes, I've been absolutely ravenous/thirsty the last two + weeks. It. Must. Stop!!!

Cataddict/FN2, happy early birthday for tomorrow!! And we have ONE left, just ONE STS workout!!! Oh, I looked up that undulating rotation and it looks right up my alley...but later, much later, hah! I really need an STS break! But I can't thank you enough for doing this with me and keeping me on track, and everyone else for cheering us on. This group is my motivation!!

ChelePA, Winston was ready for his close-up, yeah! He is SO stinking cute! What a face.

Manleym, don't you have a birthday too at some point soon? I started season 5 of Poldark. Just can't believe all that's happened!

Oh, Bee, I'm sorry to hear you're ready to dump Inner Dimension, just when I'm wanting to sign up, hah! I also agree some of Cathe's shortest ones on Live are the most intense, seriously.

KateTT, hope all is well in your world!

Waves all the way around, Watulans...stay fierce!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:18 PM  
ChelePA

Bee... Caroline kicks my butt because she mixes standing and floor work throughout most of her workouts that I have done...full body and hiit. And she goes slower and deeper into many of the moves. The variety of burpees, planks, push-ups really kicks it up a notch for me. My upper body is my weak point. It's a great challenge and I hope to improve as I incorporate more of her workouts into my weekly routine.

I lucked out with temptation today...no strawberries at the store. Delivery truck was late due to the weather. My family can torture me another day

And I like the sound of Cathe's Live workout tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the reviews!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:41 PM  
Garrie A.

We're in February! Here's how my week has been so far:

Sunday (1/31):
The Firm Cross-Trainers: Firm Strength

This is not just my favorite Firm workout, but one of my all time favorite workouts period. I love Pam's calm demeanor, the methodical pace, and how the workout is sequenced. Surprisingly, I didn't have any DOMS except for a little bit in my triceps. I used to have tricep DOMS for days when I used to do this one often.

Monday (2/1):
TAUGHT Cardio class
Cathe's Rhythmic Step

For cardio I did a mish-mosh of kickbox and hi-lo. I didn't have to go into my bookstore job today (we were closed due to snow). I was in the mood to step, so I picked Rhythmic Step. It always puts a smile on my face, even though I'm not a cardio junkie. LOL!

Tuesday (2/2):
Cathe's Muscle Max
TAUGHT HiiT Class

Muscle Max is another favorite. I used the same weights as Cathe used (except for barbell rows, where I went heavier) and felt very challenged. Today I have some light DOMS all over my upper body and not much in my lower (even though my legs were trembly afterwards). When I teach HiiT, I do more coaching than doing, since I need energy for my own workouts and it's the students' workout and not mine. I did a mix of plyo, weighted cardio, and mixed impact cardio moves (some low, some high--with options to take it either way).

Today (2/3):
TAUGHT senior fitness class
Unplanned active rest day

I had to get up earlier than usual, due to having to teach early this morning. The college was operating on a two-hour delay, and I decided to use that hour to go by Walmart and get an air fryer. My parents got me a two-quart for Christmas (and I it). While I will continue to use it, I need a bigger one to cook meals in. When I got home from work, I ended up taking a long nap. My body told me it needed one. Then I did a little work on some step combos I'm working for next time I teach step. I'm wanting to surprise my students and do some double step. Still got over 10,000 steps for the day--which is great!

Back in a second with personals...
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans and Happy Birthday's Eve to Me!

Continuing the Countdown, today was the Final Plyo legs of Mess 3! FN1, I don't think this was harder than the other weeks for me, but I sure dreaded it! I realized that I was using heavier weights than Cathe on many of the exercises, so I dropped back a little. I also started on my weaker leg in those one legged squat thrusts and while they were still HARD I had a little better balance on the last 15 seconds using my dominant leg. I do think Cathe picked the hardest exercises from the Plyos for this last workout. Oh, and I'm up for doing the undulating workout much, much later in the year too! Let's plan to do it together again. You definitely have gotten me through this. I told myself a week or so ago that I had to keep going since FN1 is still going!

I forgot to mention that I did the 10 minute stretch from Turbo Fire after Fire 60. I had never done it before and I really, really like it! Chalene doesn't rush through the stretches like I feel that many of the instructors do, even in "extended" stretches. Sometimes I think "extended" means do more stretches but don't hold them for long. I also did it today after Plyo Legs. Good stuff!

KateTT, glad you checked in!

bee, we only have 2 more Teds to go! DH read that it has been renewed for another two years. The bad news is that it means we may have been sucked into paying for Apple TV. And the undulating rotation is down the road for sure.

Chele, Winston is such a cutie! I'm looking forward to do some more Kat workouts. I love a lot of choreography so that workout you mentioned sounds right up my alley.

manley and FN1, glad you all are enjoying Poldark! I think they did a good job of wrapping it up, but I would have liked it if they continued into a Season 6.

Kim, I hope Shovel Max is done, at least for awhile! Funny but we still have a small mound of snow on our deck that wasn't melted by the rain we got. It's hung around through the first and second snowfall that we had yesterday. DH calls it parking lot snow--like that big pile that sits in the corner of a parking lot for the whole winter, turning gray and nasty and holding who-knows-what inside it.

horusosiris, I can't explain the Tonal craze. I also don't want to watch myself workout, except maybe to check my form.

Waves to Garrie and Nathalie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:58 PM  
Garrie A.

Kittybug: I'm laughing at your "sore, tired, and starving" comment. That's how I felt the first round, although I wasn't starving at all. On my second round of STS, I was only sore the first week of each mesocycle but on the subsequent weeks I had very little soreness. I attribute that to two things: drinking a whey protein shake immediately after every strength workout, and getting adequate calories, protein, and carbs for energy and muscle repair (that's all I will say about that). Heavy weights don't do a thing to my appetite, although too much cardio makes me ravenous.

Bee: I feel the same way. I hardly ever get rid of workouts, due to FOMO and most DVDs becoming scarce and OOP. Plus, my tastes change over time. Re your no-sugar challenge, I don't eat that much sugar although I love my dark chocolate and will never give it up!

Horusosiris: I have to have my mirror to check my form and look at my muscles I've worked so hard to build.

Cataddict: I initially thought of doing an undulating STS rotation for my third round (don't know when yet), however IMHO it's better to do it in its linear fashion due to the way it's set up. I find that Meso 1 builds up endurance in the smaller, supporting muscles to enable me to lift heavier in the other two mesocycles. If I were to skip Meso 1, I probably wouldn't be able to lift as heavy in the other two mesos. BUTT that's just me. For my third round, I'm either doing Jengollf/2lazy4gym's glute focused rotation with my own mods (https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/12/05/sts...cused-rotation), or a 5.5 month pyramid doing Meso 1, 2, 3, 2, 1. If I do the latter, however, I'm afraid I'll get burned out on it. I might even do a version of Cathe's Bodybuilding Rotation that I saw on her forum a while back (https://cathe.com/forum/threads/rota...ilding.287493/).

I'd love to chat more, BUTT I'm afraid of giving me an error. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in