Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-19, 03:45 PM  
Karla25

I found Gilad’s Power & Grace today for $2 :-) My first Gilad thrift store find. Looks like a good lower body workout. I’m looking forward to trying it.
Old 05-09-19, 04:15 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I found Gilad’s Power & Grace today for $2 :-) My first Gilad thrift store find. Looks like a good lower body workout. I’m looking forward to trying it.
Great find! I haven't tried that one, love Gilad though.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 03:48 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i was in a used bookstore today and a woman was looking at the workouts. she pulled out the carmen electra set and said something like "i wonder if there's an actual workout in this set" and i said, "yes, the 'Fit to Strip' one is good, taught by a male trainer, and is a decent workout." she said "ok, maybe someday."

she was actually looking for the one taught by Madonna's trainer - Addicted to Sweat - i remember it was discussed on VF. i nodded in recognition, and said, "yeah, i don't see that one too often." she said she used to own it, and got results just doing the first half.

i bought the Firm Wave Kelsie DVD which also came with Emily's Abs DVD for the wave, all for $2.50 at the used bookstore.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 05:42 AM  
Sandrine

Jeannine, great find! That's one on my "quest"list; I've never seen it anywhere. For awhile, the Wave was showing up, and I still see the Basic dvd's occasionally, but not Kelsie's add-on.

As for me, not much this week. I found an unopened Denise Austin's Personal Trainer at the library's used book store. Short segments to string together or use for add-ons.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 11:56 AM  
Mickey12

I stopped at the Salvation Army yesterday and found a VHS Abs of Steel 2000 with Tamilee Webb, Tracy York and Donna Richardson. It was 50 cents so I bought it. I did it last night. Cardio segment was fun because it had good music, but some of the moves felt a little awkward. The abs section was 15 minutes, basic crunches, tough for me because it was so long. (I could also post this in the Vintage Sporadic Dustbunny checkin)

I also found two unopened Mama Wants her Body Back and Mama Wants her Booty Back on DVD. I got those too because I was curious.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 02:25 PM  
Severen

Found Jillian Michaels Body Shred for $19.95, Insanity for $15.95, and Kathy Smith’s Project You for $8.00, but it’s missing a disc so they let me have it for free.
Old 05-16-19, 04:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severen View Post
Found Jillian Michaels Body Shred for $19.95, Insanity for $15.95, and Kathy Smith’s Project You for $8.00, but it’s missing a disc so they let me have it for free.
wtg! what disc from PY is missing?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 12:55 PM  
Severen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
wtg! what disc from PY is missing?
The most important one, the one that has the upper, lower and full body workouts! LOL At least it was free!
Old 05-20-19, 04:44 PM  
difit

So the collage kids graduated over the weekend. So they cleaned out their dorm rooms or rent house. Now our Goodwill stores are stock with so many mini fridges, microwaves, desk chairs, desk lamps and so on.

I found:
Jillian Michael Body Shred: Workouts 3 & 4 ( Amplify & Escalate) $1
Dream Body Sweat Lab series 6 dvd set Fusion fitness - Darby Brender $3
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Dre...der-p/1081.htm
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-19, 04:57 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
So the collage kids graduated over the weekend. So they cleaned out their dorm rooms or rent house. Now our Goodwill stores are stock with so many mini fridges, microwaves, desk chairs, desk lamps and so on.

I found:
Jillian Michael Body Shred: Workouts 3 & 4 ( Amplify & Escalate) $1
Dream Body Sweat Lab series 6 dvd set Fusion fitness - Darby Brender $3
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Dre...der-p/1081.htm
Great finds, at great prices!

Tags
firm 6 pack, indo board, thrift store finds, vytas baskauskas, winsor slimming pilates