Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-19, 08:21 PM  
Karla25

I caved and purchased BarreAmped Strengthen & Stretch. I’ve been wanting that dvd for close to a year. I also purchased Colleen Saidman’s Calorie Killer Yoga because it wasn’t much more than what the shipping charge would be since I was under the $19 mark. It looks like a fun workout :-)
Old 04-24-19, 10:53 PM  
CharM

When my package came, I was like, "Yay! My package is here." And then thought, "What did I buy again?" Ellen Barrett's Fusion Flow (because I read that some liked it more than Yogini, I don't love Yogini, therefore I'll like FF - vidiot logic) and Callanetics Countdown also because of positive VF reviews.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-19, 11:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
When my package came, I was like, "Yay! My package is here." And then thought, "What did I buy again?" Ellen Barrett's Fusion Flow (because I read that some liked it more than Yogini, I don't love Yogini, therefore I'll like FF - vidiot logic) and Callanetics Countdown also because of positive VF reviews.
Sounds about right to me. I've purchased some more Callanetics to add to the other Callanetics DVDs that I still haven't done. But one of these days, soon I'm sure, I will do these workouts as well as all the other DVDs I bought because they were on sale but haven't done yet.

ETA:I did one segment of Callanetics Express that I've purchased previously and it was good. I though it was easy while I did it, but I had major DOMs for the next 3 days. That's why I've purchased the other 3 DVDs. Based on this one 17 minute segment. Yep.
Old 04-25-19, 05:47 AM  
Sandrine

Supported Mary in several different ways, all of the Kathy Smith Rejuevenations, 2 Fitprime/Kickbutts that I was "missing", Karen Voight' s compilation that includes Strong and Smooth Moves, and the pink Firm with Rebecca Sturkie that was .99 that day. I'm hoping that the Kathy Smith's will be a step up from Powerfit and Pf Harmony; I use those when I need to re-start.

Karen, I looked at the knee FPR, to use with my mom, but didn't order (yet!). Could you please report back after you try it?

Usia, I think you made some very logical purchases! Probably because I would have, and actually did do, the same!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-19, 01:35 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Karen, I looked at the knee FPR, to use with my mom, but didn't order (yet!). Could you please report back after you try it?
I am supposed to receive them Saturday afternoon so I'll do the first knee one Suñday and let you know what I think.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-19, 02:17 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
That's why I've purchased the other 3 DVDs. Based on this one 17 minute segment. Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Usia, I think you made some very logical purchases! Probably because I would have, and actually did do, the same!
LOL! I love this site.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 12:46 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

How does Karen Voight's Full Body Stretch compare to her other stretching DVDs (Stretch & Core Conditioning and Slim Physique's yoga stretch segment)? Trying to decide...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 05:31 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I am supposed to receive them Saturday afternoon so I'll do the first knee one Suñday and let you know what I think.
Thanks so much!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 07:05 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I wasn't going to order anything (in fact, I planned to drastically downsize this weekend) until Karen reminded me of these. I ordered all four phases of knee and back too. Thanks for enabling, Karen!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 11:55 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
How does Karen Voight's Full Body Stretch compare to her other stretching DVDs (Stretch & Core Conditioning and Slim Physique's yoga stretch segment)? Trying to decide...
I don't recall what the yoga stretch segment is like in Slim Physique. I would think it's not as long as the Full Body Stretch or Stretch and Core Conditioning though.

I'm speaking from memory here so I have to be sort of vague, but I think the Full Body Stretch has less core work (but I think still some) than Stretch and Core Conditioning. They are both about the same length I believe. I have both and I'm glad I do because the scenery is just so gorgeous.

I don't think I helped you much.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feeling pretty remarkable, mary's sale