Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-21, 07:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Helen: Love the pretty picture. And It's great to see you and your post!!! I sure hope your PCR comes back negative. I chuckled when you said it was your FIRST! LOL. I've done PCR tests, home tests, so many that I've lost count along the way. (and thankfully ALL have been negative). I'm glad that someone has managed to be on their FIRST one after all this time!!! You go!! I also agree with lightening the weights. I shall be working on that as well (I backslid a lot the last few months).

My challenge? I took off the last one. For a much needed break. Then I remember how much I miss them (till we get to the drudgery of week #4 and #5) but that's ok. It keeps me focused. Coupled with my strength program? Should be an interesting next 6 weeks. But dang! I'll look good for Valentine's day! tee-hee

I went through all my calendars. I have one for my work schedule and the recycling days. I have one for bills/budget. They hang around my desk. Got them updated. I have to cancel my Get Healthy U ... as I never used it. I think I did one workout. Just not for me. They were kind enough to send me an email a couple of weeks back. However, it must be cancelled via TELEPHONE and not email. I must remember to call them today. It's on my list. I have a journal arriving today. So I will be marking that up and getting ready for that. I have my new workout calendar. It's 2 years and just like the last one I finished . I hope to achieve the same with this one. (I did every day for the last two years. and you all know that some days are meditation or light stretches or walks, so it's not a KILLER workout every day, but it is something. I'm going for year #3. . . .) Some days are 3 hour workouts, others are 10 mins. . . but it all counts!

speaking of light workout days:

12/30/2021: Bradley Rose Country ride 20 mins.

I had every intention of working out when I got home from work, but honestly? I've been psychologically exhausted by the time I get home from work. With covid running rampant around here, between patients cancelling due to covid, people calling up saying they were just in and tested positive the next day and employees out sick and shuffling the schedule???? I just wanted to sit on the couch. Which I did. And 4 hours later woke up, missed cooking dinner and dh had gone to bed. I retested 2 days ago ... and I'm negative. I feel fine. It's just so tiring.

Anyway ... on to 2022 and I have every intention of meeting all my goals. Can't wait to see Helen's pretty happy new year design. (no pressure of course!) ... Copied from last year is FINE ... (Cuz by now I have forgotten what wonderful intro last year was so it will all look new to me. )

Waves to Lili and all reading!!!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 06:38 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Fingers crossed your test comes back negative. Sorry you are alone on New Year's Eve, hopefully Alice will snuggle up with you. Tally hates the fireworks, too.
Cleda - I'm glad I'm not the only one with multiple calendars! I just canceled my GHU subscription a few days ago. I don't like that they make you call them to cancel, but no high pressure to stay.

12/30 - 1 Mile ABBA Walk w/ Gina B
Margaret Richard's Unplugged 1901
12/31 - 30 Min. Soul Walk w/ Chase Tucker (I really didn't like this one, the pace was much too slow. I bumped it up a bit, but still not my thing.)

I don't have a real plan yet for 2022. My goal is to increase my endurance while taking it easy on my joints. I will sprinkle some high intensity stuff in there, but I mostly want to keep moving with 3 days of strength work thrown in. I might try hiking with the trail club again. I'm also considering a Step Bet to keep me motivated to move. The jury is still out on that one.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 07:39 PM  
Helen

Great start to the year - test was negative - it IS just a coicidence with the timing - bad cough/cold.

CLEDA
• Glad you were also negative, but sorry that outside factors are exhausting you.
• CONGRATULATIONS on your second year of EVERY DAY!!!

Feeling MUCH better today. Hopefully won't slide like yesterday - with the 'negative' I can take Alice out - no more isolation required.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 12:01 AM  
Helen

>> NEW THREAD <<
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next